• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 3, 2018

    Apple TV YouTube TV app dim in HDR mode but Netflix/plex look good

    Apple TV YouTube TV app dim in HDR mode but Netflix/plex look good


    YouTube TV app dim in HDR mode but Netflix/plex look good

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 04:22 PM PST

    I just got a new Apple TV 4K and am displaying it on my Samsung KS8000 4K TV. I put the Apple TV in HDR mode and the menu looks dim. However, Netflix and Plex content seems to look normal (awesome, in fact). However, the YouTube TV app content is dim and washed out, almost like the Apple TV isn't automatically switching to SDR mode even though I have it set to automatically switch content and frame rate. I'm running 11.2.6 btw. Is this expected behavior? Is the menu dim for everyone in HDR mode?

    submitted by /u/jwalther420
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with these white flashing lines? ATV4k

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 05:06 PM PST

    Will there be ever a voice feedback on the Apple TV?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 06:04 PM PST

    TV Show Continuous Playback

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 11:31 AM PST

    Am I missing something simple or does Apple TV really not allow for continuous playback of TV shows within the same season purchased in iTunes i.e. Netflix?

    submitted by /u/mekevinb
    [link] [comments]

    How to send local media to Apple TV with subtitles?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 10:44 PM PST

    I used to have chromecast and there was a wonderful app called Videostream which allowed me to select any movie file and pick an external subtitle find to send it to my TV. It also had support for syncing subtitle file and offsetting by a few seconds if it didn't match exactly.

    Is there such a free app for Apple TV? I can't seem to find anything

    submitted by /u/johndoe1985
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV and External Hard Drive

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 06:29 AM PST

    Apologies if this has been posted repeatedly but I'm brand new here. Going to buy a 64gb 4K Apple TV this weekend. I'd like to start going digital with my movies but I'm concerned about ripping thru that 64gb internal storage. Any way to hook up external storage?

    Edit: thank you all very much for the advice and suggestions

    submitted by /u/AStat33
    [link] [comments]

    Can I hide what Apple TVs appear in my airplay list?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 06:09 AM PST

    I live in an apartment building and I have 2 Apple TVs but sometimes my neighbors will appear out of nowhere when I'm picking which Apple TV I want to share with from my phone causing me to hit it on accident. I know nothing happens but it's annoying, can I hide that Apple TV at all?

    submitted by /u/Slash3040
    [link] [comments]

    How to switch to Apple TV HDMI input automatically

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 06:00 PM PST

    I am generally using HDMI Input 2 on my SHARP TV since it has my cable tv box.

    My Apple TV is on HDMI Input 1

    How do I get my TV to automatically switch to Input 1 when I airplay content from my MAC

    I also have a chrome cast on my HDMI 3 and when I cast content from my phone or Mac, it automatically switches to HDMI 3 which I love. How do I get the same on Apple TV ?

    submitted by /u/johndoe1985
    [link] [comments]

    If I can control the sound volume of AppleTV while I AirPlay music, then why can't I control the sound volume of the sound originating from the AppleTV itself?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 09:41 AM PST

    This is quite frustrating because using optical digital audio output from my TV to the speakers and an app from inside the AppleTV then the volume buttons on the remote become totally useless. The actual volume has to be manually set from the speakers themselves.

    I streamed sound only AirPlay from Deezer app on my iPhone and the volume can be virtually controlled from inside the iPhone. Yet anything running from inside the AppleTV can't control the volume...

    I do not wish to control the built-in speakers of my TV, but a separate sound system that receives the digital signal from the TV. Neither the TV, nor the AppleTV can modify this digital signal to control the sound volume. Yet using a different digital signal source, the iPhone, it can control the volume.

    submitted by /u/emforus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel