• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 30, 2018

    iPhone Touch ID not working not 6s

    iPhone Touch ID not working not 6s


    Touch ID not working not 6s

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 09:58 PM PST

    The phone I use is a 6s, (sorry, my mistake)

    Anyway, I've been having a few problems with my Apple Id not being recognized, so I hard started my phone. Still not resolved, but now Touch Id is not working either. Never thought much about it when I upgraded it 2 years ago, but now that I have been using this function , it's very hard to go back to typing in my pass code every time I want to do something... What did I do wrong?

    submitted by /u/cine71
    [link] [comments]

    How to sign into Apple ID with two-factor authentication (verification code) on a new/spare device when the only existing device using that Apple ID is dead?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 05:32 PM PST

    My wife's Verizon iPhone 6 died, and I'm trying to locate an iPhone for her to use while hers gets repaired.

    When I swap her SIM card into the spare iPhone, and set it up, I have to input her Apple ID and password. She has two-factor authentication set up (not sure if that's default, or if we set that up for more security for her) so on the next screen it says that it sent a verification code to her other devices running iOS 10 or later, and that I need to input it to move forward.

    The problem is that the only device that she has that's running iOS 10 or later is the iPhone 6 that is dead, so I can't receive the verification code on it. Her old iPhone is an iPhone 4 that is running iOS 7.7.1. No other devices where she's currently signed into her Apple ID unfortunately.

    One idea I had was to sign out of my Apple ID on my iPhone 8, and then sign into her Apple ID. Then hopefully it would send the verification code to my iPhone 8 so I could receive it and input it into the spare iPhone with her SIM card in it. But then I realized that this won't work, because I'll still get stuck at the same spot trying to sign into her Apple ID on my phone. It's a Catch-22!

    If there are any other good solutions to get around this, I'd appreciate hearing them! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pourladiscussion
    [link] [comments]

    I have bought an iphone but it’s locked to an Apple ID, how can I remove it? Tried to contact its previous owner to give me the password but he has jot answered my calls. Please help me

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 11:02 AM PST

    Apple Battery Replacement and 3rd party batteries.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 01:30 PM PST

    Hey, I wanted to let people know that Apple will not replace your battery for $29.99 if you have had a 3rd party replacement. I went to the store today and was told they would not fix the phone. They provided such great service they left the screws out of the bottom of the phone too. I just wanted people to know because they DO NOT HAVE this policy in any of their documents that you sign or online; this policy is one that is internal. The reason I had a 3rd party replacement is because the nearest apple repair place was over 1.5 hours way and I could not send the phone in for a 3 day repair (not including shipping).

    submitted by /u/JG8989
    [link] [comments]

    Fix Problem of Being Unable To Receive Yahoo Mail on iPhone Mail App

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 01:13 PM PST

    If you have been having problems receiving (and perhaps sending) your yahoo mail through the apple mail app on your iphone recently, the following steps are guaranteed to fix your problem:

    1) Delete your current yahoo mail account on your iphone settings accounts & passwords yahoo delete account 2) Sign into your yahoo mail account from any computer (mail.yahoo.com) Once signed in, go up to the top right corner and place the mouse icon over your name (in between the settings and the home icons,) and a window will pop up. Click on 'Account Info.' On the top left corner, click the 'Account Security' icon At the top, if you have your Yahoo Account Key enabled, YOU MUST DISABLE THE YAHOO ACCOUNT KEY After disabling the Account Key, you will see multiple previously hidden options open up on the Account Security page. At the very bottom of the page, enable the option that says 'Allow Apps That Use Less Secure Sign In.' (Leave this page up, as you will need to come back to it for the last step) 3) Create a new yahoo mail account on your phone settings accounts & passwords add account yahoo (follow the step by step instructions) 4) Your yahoo mail should now be working normally through your apple mail app on your iphone, however I would send a test email to yourself just to make sure 5) Finally, go back to your computer to the Yahoo Account Security page that you previously left open, and this time, DISABLE the option that says 'Allow Apps That Use Less Secure Sign In.'

    If done correctly, these steps will fix the problem, while not compromising your security. The biggest issue is the Yahoo Account Key.

    submitted by /u/oasisg9
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone displays wrong Pictures

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 08:40 AM PST

    My iPhone doesn't "connect" the preview with the real pictures and displays old pictures instead.Example

    This concerns only the latest pictures. When I take new pictures the problem arises and the old pictures are back to "normal". What could be the issue here?

    submitted by /u/schmils
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to run emulators on iphones?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 04:43 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I'm considering switching from Droid to the iPhone and was wondering if I can run emulators (SNES, NES, etc.) And also will my game app data will transfer over as well (marvel future fight, dbz dokkan battle) thx for the info in advance

    submitted by /u/Stretch407
    [link] [comments]

    Lost a phone, got a new phone and new number-- can I get anything back?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 11:51 AM PST

    Hi I recently moved to America from Canada and lost my iphone. I got a new provider, phone and phone number.

    I was wondering if there was anyway I could access any of my old messages, photos and other things in that phone without having it here.

    Do I need a sim card or is there a way to look it up over icloud?

    submitted by /u/DesperateHousing
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 stuck on Apple logo during startup. already tried to restore it!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 11:06 AM PST

    so a week or so ago my phone randomly started bugging out, it would no longer let me use headphones or listen to voicemails.. but it could still play videos or music just fine. So i tried restarting it which sent me into a boot loop.. i was out of the house so i eventually got it to just start up and have just been dealing with it being the way it is until today i figured id see if it would still boot loop and it did. So i said fuck it and decided to restore it.. And i did.. but its still stuck on that damn apple logo even after i restored it :(( . Does anyone have any ideas or am i fucked?

    submitted by /u/primefish
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone earphones work with MacBook but no longer works with iPhone

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 07:50 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 6 Plus. When I plug in my Apple earphones I hear the left side much louder than the right. I can still hear faintly music from the right though.

    When I plugged it into my MacBook the sounds are equally loud. What is the issue? And how can I fix it?

    Any help is appreciated, thank you.

    submitted by /u/shelleyclear
    [link] [comments]

    Updated iPhone 7 to latest software updated but still changes "it" to "I.T"

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 07:40 AM PST

    I searched to see if anyone else had this problem but couldn't find anything. Anybody able to help?

    submitted by /u/LaxTy23
    [link] [comments]

    I let my phone's battery die and now it won't charge/turn on!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 02:18 AM PST

    I let the battery of my iPhone 6s completely drain before deciding to charge it. I thought to myself, 'No problem. I'll just charge it with my charger.' so I plugged my charger in and let it charge my phone. But then it was perpetually stuck in showing the 'charing but dead sign (red battery but plugged in)'. This time, I thought that it must be my charger that is faulty. However, even before bringing it home, I began to notice that sometimes, the dead battery sign will not appear when I removed the phone from being plugged in.

    When I got home, I tried different charges. This time, there is no more dead battery sign appearing. It no longer mattered whether or not the phone was plugged in. I also tried the hard reset, but the apple logo will not appear. I have also tried plugging in my charger to my mac, but my phone still remains black.

    As much as possible, I'd like to avoid replacing the battery as a fix at the moment as I will not have time to go out to the mall until at least two weeks from now. Although I'll be sure to replace it at the soonest.

    submitted by /u/Dapper-Rowlett
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel