• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 18, 2018

    iPad First iPad Pro w/ Pencil painting & Procreate

    iPad First iPad Pro w/ Pencil painting & Procreate


    First iPad Pro w/ Pencil painting & Procreate

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 11:07 PM PST

    IPad book app sync?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 01:03 PM PST

    I have a lot of books that I bought from humble bundle. Is there a book app that will sync my books and could download from cloud?

    submitted by /u/master1121
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi interference with Brydge 9.7 Bluetooth keyboard?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 06:20 AM PST

    I am currently using a Brydge 9.7 keyboard with my iPad Pro. Lately, I've had some instances where all of the keys except the function row become non-responsive. I can turn the keyboard on and off and the problem will persist. Eventually, though, the keyboard will start working normally again.

    I can't say for certain, but it seems like the problem may occur when I connect to a guest network, as I noticed it when I was on vacation using the hotel's network and yesterday after I connected to a car dealership's WiFi.

    Is it possible that the WiFi is somehow interfering with the Bluetooth? Could it explain why the function keys work but not the character keys? Or is it more likely the keyboard is failing?

    Any insights would be helpful!

    submitted by /u/SteveLem
    [link] [comments]

    Scanner Recomendation

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:48 AM PST

    Hi I am looking at scanner recommendations, there seem to be quite a few that all do the same thing.

    I just need to scan and upload, not bothered about ocr if it is not in the app

    submitted by /u/workflowred
    [link] [comments]

    Searching specific app (journal, sketches, planing with Apple Pencil)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 05:23 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm searching for a specific app where I can sketch, plan projects and use it as journal. Like writing down daily things. I found Evernote but I'm not sure if this would be the best for me. Extremely important is that I want to use the Apple Pencil. Goodnotes would be also good because I could export the files to see them on my pc. What would you recommend me? I would like to also work with them on my Mac. In the meantime I also found Bear, maybe this application is better?

    Greetings

    submitted by /u/GoDayme
    [link] [comments]

    ios gestures

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:01 AM PST

    Given the gradual disappearance of buttons on Apple devices I have been trying to get used to gestures on my ipad pro. It's not a interaction that I find too intuitive but I'm getting more used to it since I've been actively practicing.

    However the one gesture that's giving me trouble is the 5 finger swipe up to get the app switch screen that can be triggered by the home button double click.

    How are you getting on with this and, indeed, gestures in general?

    submitted by /u/glass-cannon
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPad Pro 10.5 charging issue

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 04:16 AM PST

    Early in the day it was on charge for several hours and only got up to 22%. Did a reset, used a different charger, and different outlet. iPad was on charge all night and only charged up to 88%.

    Has anyone had this issue?

    submitted by /u/Slothslinger
    [link] [comments]

    I've Googled some of these questions and even looked through here a bit, but I'm just looking for confirmation on a few questions before replacing my MBP with an iPad Pro 10.5. Any info/answers/advice is much appreciated.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 10:11 AM PST

    My wife is currently using a 2010 MPB, and she mostly uses it for writing. She doesn't need much power, but at this point her machine runs so slow, the screen looks noticeably worse as compared to my 2015 MBP, and many of the keys have long since started to stick and lag (if that makes any sense). My 2015 MBP is waaaaay more computer than I need. I think I overcompensated after moving to the MBP from a really really old thinkpad. I bootcamped it to enjoy some gaming on Steam, but I never really even use it for that anymore. I browse the Internet, watch movies, store photos...nothing I really couldn't do with a tablet, I think. I'd like to let my wife use my 2015 machine, which runs great and compared to her 2010 MBP is like a Ferrari and just use the iPad as a replacement. My questions are:

    • I don't use iCloud; I can move photos from my iphone (SE) to the ipad via Airdrop, right?

    • I have some movies ripped and saved on my MBP, and it seems like it would be a pain to try and keep these digitally unless I either use something like DropBox or just bite the bullet and buy them through iTunes. There are not a ton of movies in question, and a year's subscription to an online cloud service would probably equal or exceed the cost of buying them over...thoughts?

    • I have a lot of photos, including wedding/honeymoon photos (the wedding photos are all rather large since they were taken with pro cameras and not my little SE) - I could transfer/back them all up to an external hard drive, but I'm not sure there's any way to access them with the iPad. Even if I used the Lightning/USB/Camera thing I doubt it would work on an external hard drive that's not flash storage for power reasons. They could all just be moved to the MPB after it's reformatted for my wife (save to external disk then load right back on the 2015 machine).

    Really, the movies and photos seem to be the biggest things I'd care about. I'm not worried about not being able to access Steam games that I don't play anymore anyway, most, if not all of my important documents are already saved in Google Drive, and I write infrequently enough (and when I do, it's usually for resume/work related stuff) that I believe will work fine on an iPad. I think my wife could easily get a few more years out of my 2015 machine based on her use, and the typing/screen would be miles better than her current MBP. The cost of even an iPad Pro is much less than a new Macbook Pro, and based on what I've read, the Pro is the way to go if I'm looking to replace a laptop. Yes, my laptop would be reformatted and "gone", but if we need a laptop for anything, we would still have one. Does this plan makes sense? Sorry for the wall of text - moving away from a laptop is new for me, but I think between the tech and the changes to the OS it makes sense for my needs.

    submitted by /u/Threat-Level--12am
    [link] [comments]

    Do any reddit apps automatically fill out the title section [when you post a link]?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 10:04 AM PST

    Basically Android has this feature in the app I use all the time and I wanted to know if any iPad apps do this?

    submitted by /u/geordilaforge
    [link] [comments]

    Documents app sync?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 02:47 AM PST

    The documents app has an option to download files and keep them in sync with say onedrive.

    The problem I am having is if I then download and excel file and open it, it wants me to save another copy so i can work on it.

    Is there a way to just open a file and save it and it will stay in sync, it doesnt have to be onedrive, google drive will be ok if it does it?

    submitted by /u/workflowred
    [link] [comments]

    Really want to use a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard cover with iPad 2017

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 08:30 AM PST

    But I can only find the version for the Air 2. Does anyone know if the thickness of the 2017 iPad will fit in the Air 2 version?

    submitted by /u/jw2498
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Mini 4 or Laptop?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 05:54 AM PST

    Should I buy an iPad Mini 4 or a Laptop? I need something to use for school and both could really be useful. But I also want to try out PC games (never played any before) But I figured that I probably won't need it if I build a Gaming PC in a few months. and the Mini could really help considering its weight and portability. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/a2Xron
    [link] [comments]

    Can you run Photoshop CC with Duet Display to your iPad Pro?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 11:26 PM PST

    I just bought Duet Display, to my disappointment, after installing it on my Surface Book (Windows 10), it completely rendered Photoshop CC unresponsive. I had to keep force closing PScc through "Task Manager > End Task". What I wanted to do is move the Photoshop to the iPad's Screen so I can draw on it using the Apple Pen.

    NOW I know you're gonna say, Surface Book is touch screen so why do I need to move it to the iPad to do the same function. Answer is because I want to use the iPad Pro like Wacom and am testing the Apple Pen's pressure sensitivity.

    TL;DR: Can you run your Photoshop when using Duet Display to your iPad Pro?

    submitted by /u/XOEVA
    [link] [comments]

    PaperLike Screen Protector Quick Review (and some rambling)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 09:49 PM PST

    Is my school spying on me?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 04:58 AM PST

    So for school we are required to buy iPads. I bought mine from a Apple Store. To connect to the wifi we had to provide our MAC Address my question is will they be able to see what I do when I'm not in school and on my home wifi? Does everything I do at home automatically upload to their server?

    submitted by /u/PackagedEagle
    [link] [comments]

    What keyboards do you recommend?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 09:23 PM PST

    I plan on getting the 9.7 iPad this summer but want to get a Bluetooth keyboard case with it. What do you use?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Snickdave41
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about using an old ipad 1 as a clock. Do you think the LCD screen would tolerate being on 24/7 for more than 1-2 years?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 06:32 PM PST

    And also if anyone has recommendations on particular clock apps that work with iOS 5 which is the newest for the ipad1 that would be appreciated.

    I can also jailbreak it so if that effects anyone's recommendations I'd be glad to hear it also.

    submitted by /u/BasedOnAir
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Hotspot never works

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 03:01 PM PST

    I dont use the function much, but I find that I am on my iPad with my iPhone 7 in my pocket, without wifi.
    I go into Wifi, my personal hotspot shows up, I click it...and fails, and fails and fails constantly.

    The only time I can get it to work is if I open my hotspot feature in my phone, and toggle on and off a few times, sometimes up to 5 times.

    Im an average user, nothing crazy, these things done annoy me much, but thought to ask - is there something im doing wrong? Seems silly.

    submitted by /u/HackerJL
    [link] [comments]

    2017 iPad charging issue

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 07:15 PM PST

    I have a 2017 iPad and today I plugged it into my 29w usb-c charger and nothing happened. I plugged my iPhone 8+ in and it started charging. I then plugged the iPad into the 12w charger that came with it and it started charging. So is the 2017 iPad not compatible with the 29w usb-c charger or could there be some issue with the charger or iPad?

    submitted by /u/pauls_bunion
    [link] [comments]

    Putting a data CD (HTML and images) onto iPad so the data can be viewed in Safari?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 05:53 PM PST

    I have an iPad 3,4. Software is up to date. I want to transfer a CD full of technical data to the iPad. On the desktop, the CD contains a start.html file which launches a browser and the data on the CD is viewable in the browser. How can I transfer this CD and data to my iPad so it is viewable on the iPad Safari app?

    I have Dropbox and Amazon Drive to use.

    submitted by /u/paiute
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel