• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 28, 2018

    Apple Help MBP won't power on without SMC Reset. Please help.

    Apple Help MBP won't power on without SMC Reset. Please help.


    MBP won't power on without SMC Reset. Please help.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:22 PM PST

    I have a Mid 2014 13" MacBook Pro(Retina). It refuses to turn on without an SMC Reset. After its turned on it perfomrs perfectly well, in fact, flawlessly. Some points to be noted: 1. If I restart it, it powers on normally. (No SMC Reset needed) 2. If I shut it down and power it back on immediately or within a short duration (an hour or so) it powers on normally. 3. But=, if its shut down for longer durations, there comes the twist. In this case it wont powewr ON without doping an SMC Reset.

    Can anyone help diagnose what's wrong with it? And also guide me nthe steps to rectify it.

    An help would be appreciatred.

    submitted by /u/jtndbs
    [link] [comments]

    Boot camp: an error occurred while copying the Windows installation files

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:37 PM PST

    Why does it have to be so difficult :(

    Would appreciate some help!

    I got a Macbook pro (retina, 15 inch, mid 2015) 2,2GHz Intel Core I7.

    submitted by /u/Wubbad00k
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on proper optical cable to go from stand alone Minidisk to Apple 1/8 optical in.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:03 PM PST

    I'm dumping a bunch of old Minidisk mixdowns into my DAW. I have a stand-alone MD deck with "digital out" and in. I was going to run an optical cable into my MOTU(a/d converter) but it occured to me I could go right into my Mac. I've never used the Mac optical input.
    Will something like this be what I'm looking for? https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=1558 Is this an acceptable method? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Suck_City
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unmark episodes as watched on the TV app?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:22 PM PST

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/vitorizzo
    [link] [comments]

    What is this red icon that flashes for a split-second in my mac menu bar?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:32 PM PST

    For a few days I've noticed a red icon that flashes for a split-second seemingly randomly in my menubar. It doesn't seem to be clickable, it just flashes every few minutes in the space to the left of the last regular menu bar icon. I was finally able to catch it: https://imgur.com/O0Xv5Fm, and https://imgur.com/bJqidva

    Can anyone help me identify the culprit?

    I'm on a Macbook Pro 2016, with High Sierra 10.13.3.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mgrimace
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon locks Safari up

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:08 PM PST

    Does anyone have any issues with Amazon on Safari running on 10.13.3? I can go to Amazon, type something in to search for, and when the search results loads, Safari locks and I just get the beach ball. I don't have this issue with Chrome. I even tried it after a fresh reinstall of 10.13.3 and I get the same issue. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

    submitted by /u/WetFew
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need an AppleTV to play 4k content?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:04 PM PST

    I have a 4k tv, but I don't have an appletv, will I need an appletv to play 4k movies from itunes?

    Edit: from a mbp 15" 2017

    submitted by /u/hipsterinplaid
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro 2017 left shift key problem

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:02 PM PST

    I just realized there is something wrong with left shift key, when i press and hold it, it just works for a second then it doesnt. I opened keyboard viewer to check it, whenever i press and hold it same thing happens but when I hold it little harder, it keeps working for couple seconds.

    submitted by /u/westdabestdb
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV AirPlay Doesn't Work (Audio Only)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:53 PM PST

    Hi friends, I have an Apple TV 4K, latest MBP, and iPhone X. All on the latest software that was released last week. I'm having an issue when trying to AirPlay audio only (audio + video is fine) from either device to the Apple TV. The Apple TV shows the now playing overlay, but I can never hear anything. I've tried Soundcloud, Podcasts, and Spotify with no luck. Airplay video from Youtube however works fine. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/adfasf234234
    [link] [comments]

    Battery indicator says 100% but it's not true

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 06:06 PM PST

    I just got my new MBP 13" 2016 some days ago it was new when I bought it, and I just notice something weird.

    The battery indicator says that it's 100% but in the battery info it says that is not fully charged, and it's not charged at its full capacity. It seems to keep charging well after that so it doesn't seem to be a physical problem with the battery per se but a software problem.

    https://imgur.com/a/ewQdm

    I'm in High Sierra.

    submitted by /u/cgomezmendez
    [link] [comments]

    [Battery Replacement] Late 2011 MB Pro 15" battery is swollen. Which battery should I order?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:58 PM PST

    I ordered from two different sellers on Ebay one was $40 and one was $60. The moment I plugged in the replacement batteries my Macbook suddenly lags and runs at like 20% of it's normal speed (I have an SSD and 16GB of RAM).

    Can anyone recommend a genuine battery replacement? Would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/repzaj1234
    [link] [comments]

    IPod touch suddenly ONLY charges when on its dock

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:46 PM PST

    before I spend money on a new cord that may not even work, or do something drastic like factory reset, I'd like to ask if there's anything else I can do.

    •I have a gen 4 32G iPod touch purchased in February 2011.

    •It's always had to charge via cord since I only got a dock for it just last year because all the 30-pin stuff is going on sale since it's becoming obsolete. But I've still've been able to switch between charging devices (dock at home, cord while out).

    •Suddenly within the past week, the cord's gone from working always, to working rarely, to today, not at all.

    •I've already cleaned out everything's port area, done several forced reboots both with and without it plugged in, and done [the thing where you turn it off and press Home til it says it's connected to iTunes]; it still won't charge via cord.

    submitted by /u/AvengeThe90s
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV won't work on particular TV

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:11 PM PST

    I have a 3rd Generation Apple TV that for some reason will no longer work on my LG TV. It used to be plugged into this TV and worked perfectly. Since then I moved it to another TV and back and now it just won't give me a signal at all. I've tried multiple HDMI cords and multiple HDMI ports. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in. I've tried the Apple TV on another television and it works perfectly! I reset the Apple TV while it was plugged in to my LG TV and the light just kept flashing and I never got a signal. I feel like I have tried everything! Does anyone have any ideas to get it working?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/moral30
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp on MacOS High Sierra with windows 10

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:04 PM PST

    Alright, so when I go to About This Mac -> Storage, it says 112 GB free.

    I start up the Bootcamp assistant to make the partition and it says the max size is 48 GB only.

    I do not understand, help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TheMonroe654
    [link] [comments]

    Do they still sell the iPhone 7 (jet black) in Apple retail stores?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:54 PM PST

    Hey guys, do you know if they're still selling iPhone 7's in jet black in actual Apple stores? Or Best Buys? Or is my only way of getting one right now to order it online?

    A bonus question: Are iPhone 7's one of the phones included in the group of phones that Apple has been secretly slowing down with their updates?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/WallSuit
    [link] [comments]

    Has Apple completely removed the Ability to create and use custom text tones?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 02:29 PM PST

    I have been trying to create a text tone using the latest version of both iTunes and IOS for the past couple days, and none of the Google search results, Youtube videos, or step by step list are working. At each turn there has been just one missing step or functionality that has been removed, such as when trying to press control and drag my copied mr4 file the iTunes window disappears, or using a different method the file wouldn't be dragged onto my iPhone. I tried stuff like iFunBox and digging around in the files of iTunes as well.

    Finally I sat on the Phone with Apple Support for about 30 minutes and eventually the dude told me that he "doesn't have any information to support me in creating a text tone, but if id like to buy one or move one he would be happy to help".

    I don't understand. Is there any way to still do this? All I want is for my clip of a Fox DoubleShine mp3 file to be converted to a text tone and be usable on my iPhone 6s.

    submitted by /u/tapdancingcrabdemon
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iPad 3 a brick?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 03:54 PM PST

    I'm starting to lose hope with my iPad. I basically started to have issues recently with it to where if i put it in sleep mode that within a certain amount of time it would be completely shut of and the only way to turn it back on was to hold power and home button until the apple logo came back up. It got annoying coming back from work and having to do this every time so I decided to restore it. Now when I try to restore it from recovery mode or DFU mode my itunes gets stuck at "Waiting for iPad" and my iPad is stuck at the apple logo with 0% progress bar. I tried leaving it overnight and still stuck. I'm starting to lose hope because DFU mode can't fix it. Any other ideas? I tried updating itunes and restarting my computer.

    submitted by /u/detained_
    [link] [comments]

    Aggregate Device Only Plays On One Device.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 01:09 PM PST

    Hello. I am having a problem getting two Bluetooth headsets to connect to my Macbook Pro (El Capitan 10.11.6) and play the audio on both simultaneously. I followed the instructions here:

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000

    However, I am only able to get sound to come out of one of the headsets. Not only that, but the sound quality is incredibly poor. The Sample Rate drop down has no other options when I click it. I have tried each headset individually and they work fine with much better audio. See the shared images below for all my settings and specs. Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

    Thanks.

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RUDmcsHyC2l8ObinHf8B8pVU-j4CFymu?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/Ziiar
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my new phone freezing up already?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:45 AM PST

    I had a 5s and finally got a new 8 since I was tired of the glitching and freezing up.

    I have had this new iPhone 8 for not even 2 months and it seems to keep being unable to load apps. Like say I try to load Facebook...it will just show the opening screen so I have to keep double clicking and resetting the app (swiping up)

    This happens with multiple apps even after upgrading. The phone also sometiems will freeZe up and o may have to do a hard reset. Should I be able to get a new phone? I have insurance. Or can I do anything on my end right now?

    submitted by /u/zach216
    [link] [comments]

    Help with itunes please!!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 01:42 PM PST

    Im trying to sync my iPod nano 3rd gen with iTunes 12 on os x el captain and it doesn't work or come up with anything Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong or if i need a older iTunes? Please tell me!!!

    submitted by /u/nyubo47
    [link] [comments]

    Share to Messages takes unusually long

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 12:51 PM PST

    Recently I've noticed that when I share (for example) a picture and choose 'messages' from the list, it now takes 30-45 seconds for the message to open up, ready for me to choose a recipient and send. It used to be an instant thing.

    iPhone 7plus, iOS 11.2.5

    Thanks for any advice

    submitted by /u/jhughes1986
    [link] [comments]

    My notification background is smaller than the text

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:56 AM PST

    Hi

    Since some months the notifications on my lockscreen looks really weired. The background on the notification is significantly smaller than the text of the notification. Well, the first time the notification is shown it looks OK, but if I unlock my screen or ignore it, the next time it's shown it look messed up.

    here is what it looks like

    I have updated my phone phone a number of times since it started to occur. I have not reset it...

    Anyone know what it could be?

    Thanks!

    Edit: iOS 11.2.2. I think it first appeared when i installed 11. Iphone 7 Plus.

    The app doesn't matter. Look the same for all.

    submitted by /u/Zombiegoose77
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini upgrade to High Sierra, now stuck on "Shrinking File Size"

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:40 AM PST

    I started to upgrade my Apple Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1 TB HDD to High Sierra but the installation got stuck (stalled at 31% for over 6 hours), and I found this fix:

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/bug-installation-in-progress-calculating-time-remaining-solved.2072705/

    However, when I started to run First Aid (step 2 of this solution) it got stuck on "Shrinking File Size", see here:

    https://i.imgur.com/2SBrLJE.jpg

    It's been like this for over 24 hours and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait. I could force a restart and start over, but I'm worried I would lose files. Any suggestions for next steps? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/dwyck
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here have an OS 8.6 iso?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 06:21 AM PST

    I am currently trying to make an Oct. 1999 iMac G3 back to its original state. Does anyone here have an iso for OS 8.6 since that is what the iMac shipped with. This isn't piracy because Apple stopped supporting OS 8.6 god knows when ago

    submitted by /u/letterafterl14
    [link] [comments]

    How do purchase iPad apps from my Phone or computer?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 12:12 PM PST

    This used to be possible in the iTunes computer program , but they removed that app store option from iTunes. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/ChromeGhost
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel