• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    macOS How it feels unlocking your Mac with AW 😵‍💫

    macOS How it feels unlocking your Mac with AW ��‍��


    How it feels unlocking your Mac with AW ��‍��

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:56 PM PST

    Microsoft releases M1-native Visual Studio Code for developing apps

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:01 PM PST

    [How-To] killall application to close all active apps at once (see thread)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:33 AM PST

    Multiboot USD Drive for MacOS & Linux

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:04 AM PST

    Hello! Is there a utility to create a multiboot live USB drive containing various Linux dristros. Many thanks !

    submitted by /u/akasaka99
    [link] [comments]

    iMac late 2013 27” external monitor

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:51 AM PST

    I have Samsung 4K 27" monitor and use mini DP to HDMI adapter and the max resolution I'm getting is 1920x1080.

    I tried SwitchResX and I can do 2k but it's scaled. How to make it not scaled as my monitor and iMac are capable of those resolutions.

    submitted by /u/daxsm
    [link] [comments]

    Safari v Chrome (my experience)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:02 PM PST

    So I got a new MacBook Air couple weeks ago and eventually like all of us I got to the question of whether I shld use Safari or Chrome as my default browser after pretty extensive research the verdict I got was that Safari was the one to go for on a MacBook cuz of good battery life and its smoother etc etc

    With that in mind I decided to switch to Safari after a lifelong use of Chrome as my main browser and here's my thoughts:

    To sum it up first, I feel like when you use Safari, you're kinda settling for less. Yes you get less battery consumption but you also get animations which can be slightly off and a browser that can't run certain sites without automatically refreshing every 5 mins. Also idk if this happens with everyone else but sometimes when you type smth in the search bar and you hit search, Safari will think its like a website and it'll come up with an error.. and its kinda weird when u wanna google the word 'orange' and Safari thinks the word 'orange' is a link.

    I also noticed that when you play vids on YT with 1.25x speed the audio sounds a little distorted but on Chrome it sounds exactly the same. Also another thing that sorta bugged me was that when u pin a tab on Safari it shows up across all Safari windows which... I mean idk I'd prefer it not to? but its not a big deal

    BUT its not all bad on Safari either! You get the handoff feature (if you hv an iPhone) which can be pretty useful at times. You also get to use Touch ID way more often than on Chrome, there's also Apple Pay if you happen to want to use that. And obvs Safari is more secure than Chrome if ur one of those ppl who care a lot ab ur internet privacy. In terms of Safari's interface, I think its a bit more minimalistic than Chrome which I do fancy.

    So after ab 3 weeks of Safari my uni semester started and I went onto my uni portal to watch a lecture replay and after ab 5 mins the site just refreshed on its own and ngl that was pretty disappointing to see. I was already starting to forget all ab Chrome and now Safari decides not to run my uni lectures. Obvs I need to watch my lects so I got back on Chrome and decided to use it as my default for a bit. Here's what I found:

    Even tho I read almost everywhere that Safari was smoother than Chrome, I actually found that Chrome tends to be smoother than Safari lmao

    Sites tend to load up just a little bit quicker on Chrome (not a noticeable major diff) but if u compare them side to side then u sorta start to see it. Animations are also smoother on Chrome than Safari, especially on sites like YouTube Netflix and Facebook. Also Chrome has the group tabs feature which I absolutely love cuz I kinda hate opening multiple windows of one browser and as a student with multiple subjects to simultaneously study, grouping tabs according to each subject is kinda a lifesaver. And you can rely on Chrome to fully run a website without randomly refreshing. If u also happen to use the Google Suite a lot (Google Docs, Maps, Photos, Chromecast etc) its way easier to access them on Chrome.. obviously

    In terms of battery life, yes we all heard that Chrome uses more than Safari BUT... in my day to day use, I didn't really find a difference. It seems like Chrome uses almost the same battery life as Safari, sometimes even less. Now obvs I'm not a power user or a gamer and I don't hv 40 tabs open and I don't watch 10 4k YouTube vids at once... this is just day to day use here. Im sure that in that case Safari would turn out to be the better browser in terms of efficiency but when ur just a regular normal dude on the internet, both browsers are perfectly fine in terms of battery life (running the M1 version of Chrome in case ya wanna know).

    In the end, I recently switched back to Safari as my default cuz I missed the interface haha but I still hv Chrome on my dock as I need it for my lectures. at this moment, if I were to choose one to use forever it'd be Chrome because its just smoother and honestly more reliable. I'm sure over time Safari will be able to run as many sites but right now, I'll be going back to Chrome.

    submitted by /u/ThisIsKeane
    [link] [comments]

    11.2.2 Lag, anyone?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:22 PM PST

    I'm running 11.2.2 on my base model 2019 pro. I'm noticing a lag, especially when I type. Occasionally, when I'm typing, the texts do not immediately appear as they used to when I was running Catalina (I upgraded directly from Catalina to 11.2.2). Has anyone else noticed this?

    submitted by /u/Motor_Parsley6006
    [link] [comments]

    Install Games on Mac

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:08 PM PST

    Hey guys, how do I download & install Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 on my MacBook pro? I'm looking for it everywhere. I tried Steam too but they have only windows version.

    submitted by /u/Faraabii
    [link] [comments]

    On Intel Macs will battery perform to normal in future versions or better return to Catalina?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:31 PM PST

    Before installing Big Sur I used Time Machine to have backup... battery is been very nasty

    been as bad as 2hrs, after making some research and twiking I have been able to extended to 4 hrs... but still nothing like used to be ( On catalina never consumed more than 50% on my outdoors usage, but now it just lets me down)

    apple is going to do something about the battery drains?

    submitted by /u/areallnamestakenreal
    [link] [comments]

    Programs have stopped remembering to fit to screen behind the dock

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:55 PM PST

    I will try to explain the problem, and hopefully someone has an answer...

    When I open a program (say Chrome or Word), the program will open so it does not fit to the entire screen (I am not talking full screen mode, but fitting to the full screen -- i.e., takes up the screen from under the menu bar to the bottom of the screen, and fully left to right). Instead, it open up so that the bottom is above where the dock is. This happens, even though I have my dock set to disappear, and it does not matter if I open from the dock (where it is briefly visible, obviously) or from spotlight/alfred when the dock is invisible.

    I then double click the top and it expands to fit the screen. Great. I now close the program. If I reopen it, same thing...opens where the bottom is above where the dock is when visible.

    Any ideas how to get it to remember that if I made a program fit screen to reopen the same way? (Running Big Sur, latest edition). Anyone else having this problem?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/willsue4food
    [link] [comments]

    Windows dies sometimes on my MacBook Pro 2018 when I want to open a game. I can’t scan the code because of how it appears, why is this? Sometimes it happened 2 times in a row, but more often when I open more stuff beside the game. I’m running windows 10 on bootcamp.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:53 PM PST

    Macbook Pro 16" owner wondering if it's time to upgrade to Big Sur?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Finally, all my apps are supported and there's nothing preventing me from updating from Catalina. I upgraded my girlfriend's 2018 Macbook Air a few weeks ago and it runs great. This Macbook Pro 16" is my workhorse, but I want to know what the general consensus about upgrading is for this model and if there's any insight. Should I wait for 11.3?

    Side notes:
    - 90% of my files are stored in Google Drive (everything else is backed up)
    - I have a dodocool USB-C hub (I heard there are some issues with those)?
    - I'm comfortable doing a USB boot drive to install, but is there really a difference than doing an update (or doing a recovery fresh install after?)

    Thanks everyone so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/itsbrandond
    [link] [comments]

    League of Legends Installing Issue Big Sur

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:42 PM PST

    Images not sending Imessage

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:38 PM PST

    Ok so i'm on Big Sur and this has been happening for a while. Whenever I send ANYONE a voice note or image or anything it sends, however it appears as a blank message on their side. It used to work fine now it doesn't at all. I've signed out then signed back in but nothing seems to work! Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/haychddd1
    [link] [comments]

    iMovie_27_Sep profile in System Preferences?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:40 AM PST

    iMovie_27_Sep profile in System Preferences?

    The App Store updated iMovie earlier today, and I noticed a profile called iMovie_27_Sep in System Preferences that wasn't there before (see image). Is this normal or should I remove it?

    EDIT: Seems to be safe to remove

    https://preview.redd.it/0tccr0pxm8l61.png?width=662&format=png&auto=webp&s=7b0ae2eed8f3989fbd313a82c1abb4f5cb9d0757

    submitted by /u/UltraBlaze99
    [link] [comments]

    Private safari windows lost after MacBook Air crash

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Earlier today when I opened my laptop, the desktop screen froze for a good ~10 seconds then my MacBook Air instantly restarted. I have 3 private safari windows open, two with at least 20 tabs, one with 5 tabs, most of them being YouTube videos or random Google searches (I know, I've recently started clearing the clutter).

    Normally this shouldn't be a problem because my windows tend to be saved and reopened after the restart despite being private (albeit I have to sign back into accounts) but this time they didn't show up per usual. I held the Safari icon and all three of my windows were untitled. I clicked on one of them but nothing happened, so I clicked on" Show All Windows" and the message "no available windows" showed up. I kept my laptop on while charging (it was at 88% when I started charging it) to make sure it wasn't due to slow loading times, but I went away for 10 minutes and nothing seemed to have changed. After that I restarted my laptop with the "Reopen windows when logging back in" box checked. But this time there was only one untitled Safari window open that wasn't even private.

    I get that private windows are supposed to be, well, private, but since my private windows always reopen after sudden restarts or crashes before, is there anyway I could find those tabs that were kept opened prior to the crash stored somewhere? If not then are there any advice to prevent this from happening again?

    FYI the model I'm using is a 2019 retina, 13inch MacBook Air, with macOS Catalina version 10.15.6

    submitted by /u/PlzEndMyMiserableExi
    [link] [comments]

    Worried about MacBook repair

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:49 PM PST

    I have to bring my MacBook to a repair? How can I protect myself that these people do not search my data / do something I do not want?

    submitted by /u/W1LLM4
    [link] [comments]

    Is any Intel MBP having normal battery performance since updating to Big Sur?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:05 PM PST

    Actually somebody is having a normal battery performance?

    submitted by /u/areallnamestakenreal
    [link] [comments]

    Any serial port Console for M1 Mac?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:32 AM PST

    Recently I bit the bullet and sold my Surface Pro for a Macbook Air without thinking over it thoroughly. I had been using my Macbook Pro 2013 for system administration purpose for a few years, so I didn't think there isn't anything I need to do that a Mac couldn't. Oh well...

    Long story short... I need something like PL2303 that work on a M1 Mac. Any suggestion? Must appreciated for any comments.

    submitted by /u/macbrush
    [link] [comments]

    Are we seeing improvements in supporting external displays?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:29 PM PST

    I really want to love my M1 macbook. But the problem is more than that it only supports one monitor. It would not recognize the native resolution of my E-ink monitor. It had all kinds of scaling issues, it does not have buit-in shortcuts to move windows to another display.. I hate to say this but the experience is straight-up bad. Is apple aware of this? Will it be improved? If no I might have to leave mac forever.

    I tried to ask apple but can't because "it contained either feedback or a feature request that was not constructive." lol

    submitted by /u/LatecomerInSnow
    [link] [comments]

    Safari context menu highlights are a shade darker than the rest of the system

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:16 PM PST

    Safari context menu highlights are a shade darker than the rest of the system

    https://preview.redd.it/bz5cdfjfo9l61.png?width=1080&format=png&auto=webp&s=37e59dd46b87ade88740603c8795527e30c10c31

    This is yet another bug introduced in the betas that made it into the final release. Sorry if you can't unsee it now.

    submitted by /u/040301j
    [link] [comments]

    Can I dual-boot MacOS 11.2 and 11.3 (beta) on an M1 Macbook?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:14 PM PST

    I've installed MacOS 11.3 on my Macbook M1 and I don't want to downgrade, but I'd like to re-install 11.2 to test a few things.

    Is this possible?

    For example, can I partition the SSD and then dual-boot 11.2 and 11.3 (beta) ? If not, can I install 11.2 to an SD card and boot from that? (I've searched and it seems like this doesn't work but I'm not certain)

    submitted by /u/sofakng
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel