• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 27, 2021

    Apple iOS (Concept) Little redesign of Apple's Files app for iPhone and iPad

    Apple iOS (Concept) Little redesign of Apple's Files app for iPhone and iPad


    (Concept) Little redesign of Apple's Files app for iPhone and iPad

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:23 AM PST

    Battery Widget Needs To Include More Devices

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:56 AM PST

    Apple Says iOS 14 Now Installed on 86% of iPhones Introduced in Last Four Years

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:02 AM PST

    Camera activating in pocket

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:07 AM PST

    Sometimes when I take my phone from my pocket the camera is on. In addition to being annoying, this drains the battery.

    I thought that my thigh was pressing the lock screen camera shortcut through the fabric of my pants, so I tried putting the phone in my pocket with the screen facing away from me. But that didn't fix the issue. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/YIRS
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the App Store show reviews from years ago on default?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:16 PM PST

    Isn't it weird to see reviews that are 1/2 star about a bug that happened in a version 3 years ago? I never understand why they use a system like this. I have to click on the reviews, sort them on the time they were written and than I'll actually see something that's representing the latest version of the app.

    Is there any way to change this?

    submitted by /u/MyBizarreAdventure
    [link] [comments]

    Will Daisy, my 2016 Rose-Gold iPhone SE get iOS 15? Thoughts?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:03 AM PST

    Before you comment the obvious, let me point out some anomaly which brings me to asking this question in the first place:

    1) iPhone 6s and SE 2016 sporting A9 CPUs are NOT the oldest supported iOS device running iOS 14! That title goes to the iPad Mini 4, which is sporting the older A8x processor, which is based on the now unsupported iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

    2) iPhone 6 and 6 Plus lost support for not having 2GB of RAM, not its A8 processor. 1GB of RAM caused massive slowdown on iOS 12, let alone iOS13 and iOS14, which was never supported at all. The A8 device with 2GB of RAM continued getting iOS 13 and 14

    3) The iPhone 7 also has 2GB of RAM. If iOS 15 ups the RAM limit, it will disqualify THREE generations of iOS Devices, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6/6 Plus and SE, and iPhone 7/7 Plus! That would be unprecedented!

    4) Historically, Apple didn't drop support for iOS devices unless they ABSOLUTELY had to. It's a common myths that Apple drops the oldest model from support. In reality, each time a device is dropped from support, there was a specific reason behind it: a) iPod 4 didn't get iOS 7 because it has 25MB RAM whereas iPhone 4 with then same A4 processor did get iOS 7 because it had 514MB RAM b) iPhone 4s got iOS 8 and iOS 9 despite being the oldest phone. It was slow as molasses on iOS 9 and Apple still put it in the list. There was no way Apple could get iOS 10 on the 4s; so they dropped it. c) iPhone 5 and 5c dropped from iOS 11 support even though they ran great on iOS 10 because it had 32-bit processor, and iOS 11 dropped all 32-bit support, including 32-bit backwards compatibility for older apps and games. d) iPhone 6 and 6 Plus didn't meet the minimum RAM requirement for iOS 13; They barely even met the RAM requirements for iOS 12! e) Even though iPad Mini 4 was the oldest supported iOS device running iOS 13, Apple supported iOS 14 on it. So "it's oldest so we drop it" clearly isn't the deciding factor when considering support. f) The iPad Mini runs ios 14 well, so A9 devices are in even a better position!

    1. Apple still needs to keep support for 4 inch devices for iOS 15 because they still sell the iPod Touch 7th generation. So supporting my 4inch Daisy from 2016 isn't a big deal in terms of screen size.

    2. And finally, Apple has financial incentives for doing so because they are more and more reliant on services. Apple lost a lot of potential customers for their Apple Arcade gaming service by dropping the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, but they had no choice. But given that A9 devices still run well on iOS 14, wouldn't Apple prefer to keep users of their devices accessible for their latest software and services?

    With this points in mind, I want to hear your thoughts! :)

    submitted by /u/NazmusLabs
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS 14.4 severe battery drain

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:55 AM PST

    Title says it all.

    I got myself an iPad Air 2, which was running iPadOS 14.2 and the battery was super ok. Then i did a factory restore and updated it to iPadOS 14.4 and the battery is draining super fast. Just sitting it has already lost like 4-5% in an hour while there are no apps installed. Basically left it at 20% at night and in the morning it was dead. I know there might have been similar posts, so sorry if its a duplicate.

    Does anyone know a fix to it or do i have to wait until 14.5? Cuz i need it at work and with that kinda drain it wont last me vey long

    submitted by /u/Neflii
    [link] [comments]

    A little help with iOS features? A little overwhelmed.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:11 PM PST

    Hello all, finally upgraded from an iPhone 7+ to an iPhone 12 Pro Max and now a lot of features that weren't accessible to me before have all opened up and I don't even know where to begin. I see there are a bunch of videos on YouTube detailing iOS features and tricks but is there any specific video/channel you all recommend?

    I hope this post doesn't break any rules. If there's another subreddit I should post this instead please let me know. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sk8124
    [link] [comments]

    (Null) is using camera access

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 08:26 PM PST

    Hello, I recently got this strange notification when I opened up my phone saying (Null) is using Camera Access to control connected Cameras. There was an option to press Settings and OK. When I pressed settings, the error just closed and nothing popped up. My phone is on IOS 14.3 and is not jailbroken or has any configuration profiles on it. Can anybody tell me if this is something I should be concerned about, or is it a bug?

    submitted by /u/CartFullOfQuestions
    [link] [comments]

    BT PAN, iOS 12.5.1, iPhone 5s

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:43 AM PST

    How do I configure an iPhone 5s as an internet consumer via BT PAN ?

    The supplier of BT PAN is a Mac mini M1, running 11.0 Big Sur. I have used BT PAN, from that same Mac mini, to a MBP (so I know the Mac mini is supplying correctly).

    The iPhone will connect to same Mac mini via wifi, but I would prefer to use BT PAN. What configuration option(s) am I missing in iOS ?

    TIA

    ETA: After doing proper pairing, it may be working, but it seems to be dog slow.

    submitted by /u/cosmicrae
    [link] [comments]

    I’m the only one triggered by the Wi-Fi that reactivates itself whenever I go somewhere else?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:55 AM PST

    I'm the only one triggered by the Wi-Fi that reactivates itself whenever I go somewhere else? I think it's one of the stupidest things of iOS...

    submitted by /u/alexhdkn
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to make stock camera quality higher aside from using RAW?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:56 PM PST

    I noticed that apple stock camera file size only ranges from 2-3.5mb. And when I edit a picture by using the filters, the file size significantly decrease, (even in RAW file).

    This makes the pictures blurry when being viewed in a large monitor. I don't have this issue when using my last phone (LG G5 which released in 2015), I noticed that pictures taken in my LG ranges from 5-12mb depending on the scenery.

    Is there any tweak I can do to make the stock picture quality is better that I don't have to take RAW pictures and edit one by one?

    submitted by /u/_ifrit
    [link] [comments]

    Game categories missing

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:20 AM PST

    Like title says, the App Store game categories are missing??? I'm on the latest OS. Tried restarting phone. Didn't work. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/rynezuzi
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage read receipts setting always resets after every update - very frustrating

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:28 PM PST

    I have read receipts turned on, but I have a group of clients I support with intellectual disabilities and various levels of brain injuries that text me often enough and always complain when I don't immediately return their messages because they see that I've "read" their message.

    Without fail, after every update, the setting resets for the contacts I've turned the setting off for, and inevitably forget to go through my contacts and flip the switch and have to deal with a few clients complaining. They're always reminded that I'll respond when I'm available, but there's always some number of messages I have deal with every update because I didn't respond right at that moment because I was busy with something else.

    I've turned the setting off completely for now. Anyone encountered this bug and found a solution that didn't involve just turning off read receipts?

    submitted by /u/antnythr
    [link] [comments]

    ICloud Activation Lock [Serious]

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:44 AM PST

    Hello Folks,

    Last year I had an iPhone X - and the display went out. Instead of Fixing it I bought a new iPhone sold it around January 2021 - Deleted the Apple ID (The same on as the iPhone X) from apple.com. Out of recovering the data on my old iPhone X (The one with the display issue) fixed the display.

    I can browse the iPhone - but can't login with a new ID to download stuff. its keeps asking me for old ID password, and I enter it and it says something about ID not valid (Because I have deleted it).

    Is there any way to bypass or fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/VancityO
    [link] [comments]

    My volume slide on the left isn’t showing up

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:07 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 7 and recently just bought AirPod pros and whenever I connect them and then disconnect them my volume slide on the left disappears. It only gets fixed when I restart my phone. Is this a glitch or do I need to talk to tech support about this. PS. I don't really care about it, it's just mildly infuriating

    submitted by /u/i-need-username-plz
    [link] [comments]

    Wikipedia links are opening in Safari instead of Wikipedia app, is there a way to fix this or a setting I need to toggle?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:24 PM PST

    I'm on an iPhone 12 running iOS 14.4. I can't get Wikipedia links to open in the app, they keep opening in Safari. A friend of mine tried it on his phone running 14.4 and had no problem. I tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling but I'm still having the same problem. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Swuzzle
    [link] [comments]

    Am looking for a good adblocker

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:25 PM PST

    I watch YouTube mostly on safari and am looking for an adblocker. The one I use now is good but the video still gets interrupted, though no ad plays. Anyone know of an adblocker that will keep ads away completely?

    submitted by /u/Seaplane1995
    [link] [comments]

    email notification sound on iOS, steals Airpod Audio from current app

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:10 PM PST

    Whether I'm playing a game or watching youtube, if I get a new email on iOS and I'm using my AirPods (or Airpod Pro's), then iOS plays a notification sound.

    But this causes the audio to be stolen from the current app (iOS still knows my Airpods are paired, so its not like it has reverted back to the iPad speaker), so whatever app I'm using just goes silent.

    I then have to disconnect and reconnect my airpods to get the audio back

    I use Gmail app for my email, and my notification center prefs for Gmail are set to..

    • [X] Allow Notifications

    -

    • ( ) Lock Screen
    • (X) Notification center
    • ( ) Banners

    -

    • [ ] Sounds
    • [X] Badges

    -

    Also in Settings -> Sounds -> New Email, this is set to 'None'.

    Not sure what more I can do? Regardless of these settings, I still get a sound when a new email comes in.

    Getting real tired of this now, hoping someone has a solution pease?

    submitted by /u/pease_pudding
    [link] [comments]

    Need Bluetooth connection help

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:49 PM PST

    My wife's iPhone stopped working with Ford Sync. I unlinked them, but Sync isn't discoverable again. I have removed all bluetooth devices on both the phone and the car, I have reset the network, I have wiped and restored the phone. I have given her a newer phone, but the problem followed it.

    My iPhone can see her car, her phone can see my phone, her phone can see my car...it's just her phone and her car. Her car can see her phone, but the "codes" don't actually allow them to pair in that direction.

    My theory is that one of them is remembering the other, even though they have both been wiped and reset. Anyone have any ideas? I have exhausted Google. The one other weird thing is that her phone will not allow me to back anything (Contacts) up to her empty iCloud, I doubt they are connected, but figured I'd mention it.

    submitted by /u/GraveDancer72
    [link] [comments]

    Contact card sharing /Maybe contact

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 07:18 PM PST

    How come some phone numbers that you don't have saved in your contacts will show up with Maybe and even a picture but others won't

    submitted by /u/Illustrious_Simple43
    [link] [comments]

    When returning to an open link on 12 pro max the screen freezes as shown here locks up and to fix it You lock and unlock the phone... sketchy

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:26 PM PST

    If I use face recognition to open certain apps, does that mean that that app has my facial information?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:26 AM PST

    I was wondering if I was giving my 'facial data' away to Facebook if I choose to use facial recognition when I open WhatsApp for example.

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/sgnir2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel