• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    macOS This happens inconsistently on my 2019 MacBook Pro running MacOS Big Sur 11.1

    macOS This happens inconsistently on my 2019 MacBook Pro running MacOS Big Sur 11.1


    This happens inconsistently on my 2019 MacBook Pro running MacOS Big Sur 11.1

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:36 AM PST

    M1 MacBook Pro - Display issues when waking from sleep. Anyone else?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:23 PM PST

    Is it possible to do this with the new Big Sur update? At least, for the iCloud ones?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:29 PM PST

    I just wanted to copy some music

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    Mac doesn’t feel better so far?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:34 PM PST

    Bought an iMac a few months ago (2020, i7 version) after having used pc most of my life. I spent a lot of money on it so I guess I may have been expecting too much, but so far I'm wondering if I should've just built a PC instead.

    My mouse feels terrible when playing league of legends, file management doesn't seem to work as well as windows, (mainly when curating drum sounds, can't merge folders while keeping all files when doing multiple folders. And app data), ableton crashes and sometimes doesn't save the plugins states (even though people said to switch to Mac for music )

    I've tried re installing multiple programs, I've waited time to try to get used to things before judging, but I'm just not sure if the OS switch really fees like an upgrade.

    Is there anything I could be doing wrong or any software features I don't know about that make Mac OS superior ?

    submitted by /u/TheSkylsFalling
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove Google LLC annoying profile configuration pop-up.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:14 AM PST

    Even after a clean MacOS install, there is a daily pop-up in my Notification Center who said: "Google LLC can automatically configurate your Mac". It's a profile configuration that seems impossible to quit, and if you click "yes" (don't do it!) the Mac stops to work and seems locked by this evil process, no matter rebooting and other tricks - I have to erase and clean install from zero - but this pop-ups is still there. Obviously now I decline every time but it's a very annoying "presence".

    I have no profile installed in my Mac and I want to find what cause this annoying pop-up and delete it forever.

    submitted by /u/Necessary-Ad-5170
    [link] [comments]

    My macbook got robbed. Anything i can do?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:36 PM PST

    I had an appointment to sell my 2019 factory reset Macbook pro, but the buyer robbed me. Is there anything i can do? Can i lock it? Or find its location? And is there anything the police can do? All answers are appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/unkownstonerlord
    [link] [comments]

    Small fan bursts while in idle since Big Sur update

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:34 AM PST

    Hi, I've a MacBook Pro 13" from 2015, and since I upgraded it to Big Sur from time to time, the fans go full speed for a minute or two, then it stops abruptly. I did a clean install and the problem persists. What can I do to solve this?

    All the apps are from Mac AppStore except the Logitech mouse drivers and VLC, but this also happened before I installed the drivers.

    This only happens while the MacBook is in idle, if I let vlc playing some music on loop but on silent it doesn't do this. What it could be?

    submitted by /u/Mosfar
    [link] [comments]

    How to get ntfs-3g with osxfuse 4.0.4 working on 10.15.5?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:31 AM PST

    Please stop recommending paid software, ntfs-3g has been 100% reliable for me and it's open source which makes it inherently better than any other solution. Only experienced issues with Paragon and the whole thing is super clunky. I use my mac for development and ntfs support is absolutely crucial. Yes I'm stuck on 10.15.5 for now, stop asking.

    Now the usual way of doing this was mounting / as rw then replacing the stock ntfs driver with ntfs-3g. However this has stopped working some time between today and ~3 months ago. I haven't been able to find anything on this topic other than an issue opened on osxfuse github.

    submitted by /u/prdntvn
    [link] [comments]

    The reminders app blocks you from setting dates on reminders now?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:21 PM PST

    Can you switch focused window by directions?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:40 PM PST

    I have to switch from Linux to Mac. To more or less reproduce my current workflow i want to use a window management app like Rectangle. In addition to that I'm in search of an tool to switch the focus of windows by keyboard shortcuts in a similar directional way, e.g „focus the window to the left of the current focused window".

    Is there any app to accomplish this? Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/_m4ur
    [link] [comments]

    Vendors and Big Sur

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:03 AM PST

    Hi Reddit. I recently bought a new monitor (an AOC 27G2 If thats relevant) and bought a USB-A to HDMI adapter to use it as an external display. However, I recently updated to big sur, and the vendor of the adapter says they are working on being able to support big sur. My question is, how long do you guys think it will take vendors to make their adapters compatible with big sur?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/maxSXE19
    [link] [comments]

    Can you open one app over another

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:24 PM PST

    Hi,

    I just purchased a new MacBook air m1. I am a lifelong Windows user. When in full-screen mode, can you open one app over another? For example, would I be able to have chrome in full-screen mode and the settings app above chrome? I am missing this feature from windows. Or would I be able to minimize Microsoft word and put it over chrome?

    I realize split-screen is an option, but I would really prefer to be able to use the method I described above.

    submitted by /u/pakpackers123
    [link] [comments]

    Best browser for the mac

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:30 PM PST

    For those using Safari, how do you sync your passwords across platforms with an Android phone? I used to have Firefox and it's built-in password manager, but it consumed an outrageous amount of battery, anyone else with the same problem?

    submitted by /u/anvelo01
    [link] [comments]

    Any good virtual machines for Big Sur?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:18 PM PST

    I love macOS it gives me nearly everything I want in an operating system.. nearly. I come from a programming/network security background so most of my knowledge is in Linux. I switched to only macOS thinking "I could just run a simple Linux vm for the other tools I don't have on Mac!" Well.. that really hasn't been the case. I can't run a simple arch vm in virtualbox with the lightest configuration imaginable without the Linux hanging. Bear in mind I give this 2 cores, 2 threads, 8gb ram, 128mb vram, and 3D acceleration and a simple flash website brings it to its knees. On any other software it would zip right along. Most of the tools I want to run are console based but I would really prefer to keep it as a separate vm as I run it in environments that would leave me vulnerable. Anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Nx0Sec
    [link] [comments]

    Questions

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:11 PM PST

    How do I ask for a new Mac??

    submitted by /u/Fresh-chamber
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade to Big Sur?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:59 PM PST

    Safe to upgrade work computer without major issues

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/benpfoos
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine cloud backup

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:56 PM PST

    Similar to this person I often wonder why there's no Time Machine cloud backup.

    Assuming unlimited online storage is available, I would like to set up a set-and-forget mechanism to continuously take a TM backup and "beam" it into the cloud instead of to a local external hard drive. Ideally, it wouldn't need twice the amount of disk space I'm backing up, just some temporary storage for state and files being currently backed up. When I need to restore (only in an emergency like loss or theft or hardware damage to my MacBook), I could download the entire backup archive to a local drive and point TM to it.

    My first attempt was to sign up for Backblaze. As luck would have it, my MacBook did crash few days after my first Backblaze backup. So I ordered a USB flash drive from Backblaze but this is not ideal because you can only pick and choose files, you can't just point a brand new Macbook to the Backblaze flash drive and get a cup of coffee.

    My next attempt was to try this but it feels too fragile and hacky.

    Any ideas?

    r/mac

    submitted by /u/crowdsarewise
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Fresh install - SSD called Com.apple.os.update-55...

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:22 PM PST

    So I just got my MacBook back from Apple. Replaced the logic board - Tried to make restore from Time Machine backup but of course, there's an issue. No worries, I 'first aid'ed my Time Machine and I was able to get the files off.. but in completely reinstalling I deleted my APFS volumes and created a new one called Macintosh - and now I have Macintosh with com.apple.os.update.lotsofnumbers and Macintosh - Data. https://imgur.com/a/B9ZtKqB

    Is there a way to make this like it does from the factory?

    Macintosh + Macintosh - Data ? small thing but it bugs me.

    submitted by /u/slvrscoobie
    [link] [comments]

    On my MacBook Pro with mac os el capitan on it when i go in to system preferences then internet accounts when i add my twitter and i type my username and password it says cannot verify username or password. Is there any way to fix this?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:54 PM PST

    how to turn off EQ on Apple Music app on Mac OS Big Sur?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:46 PM PST

    New machine inherited backup history, exchanging new machine, want to re-inherit backup history in old computer

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:38 PM PST

    Greetings,

    Summary:

    Old machine: Macbook Pro (Mohave)

    New machine: Macbook Air M1 (Big Sur) 8GB/512GB (inherited backup history)

    New machine will be returned to Apple to upgrade to different configuration 16GB/512GB (wait time, 1 month).

    I want to see if its possible to re-inherit my Time machine history back to the Old machine, so Time machine can continue to use (and delete old backups when space runs out).

    Right now, I was not prompted to 're-inherit' and TM wants to create a new folder for the Old Computer (and there is not enough space in drive), because it is not accessing the old history, rather is attempting to create a new history (folder).

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/tk421tech
    [link] [comments]

    why wont my mac mini update, i out in a ssd

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:13 PM PST

    my mac mini 2014 has sierra on it

    i installed a ssd a long time ago

    now when i try to update the os i get an error due to my ssd,, is it true that putting in an ssd forever locked me to sierra?

    thx

    submitted by /u/Jdeproductions
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a terminal command to remove control center icon from status bar on Big Sur?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 07:03 PM PST

    The control center is so redundant and useless.

    submitted by /u/Cookeh1204
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel