• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    iPad After a year I finally got around to using the pencil for more than notes

    iPad After a year I finally got around to using the pencil for more than notes


    After a year I finally got around to using the pencil for more than notes

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:41 AM PST

    Not sure if this is allowed but here goes. Gifted my 13 year old son with an ipad for Christmas

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:36 PM PST

    Road Trip ready! ��

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:06 PM PST

    A temporary hacking station

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:48 AM PST

    Bright wallpapers on dark mode

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 10:50 AM PST

    So i don't want my wallpaper to change when I switch between dark and bright mode. Is there a way in the settings or should I just download the bright wallpapers then set them?

    submitted by /u/c_s_l
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Magic Keyboard reeks of cigarette odor after visiting my father.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:14 PM PST

    My Magic Keyboards smells of cigarette odor after visiting my father. What to do?

    My father is a smoker, and normally I learnt how I need to wash my clothes really good after a visit there. I brought my new iPad and the magic keyboard case with it.

    Now 3 days after coming home, it still reeks of cigarette odor.

    What can I do to fix it?

    The case smells the worst. The iPad is not that bad, I think it comes from being in case all the time.

    submitted by /u/kredde94
    [link] [comments]

    To those of you wondering if you can read 14 hours of manga on the iPad Air4; based on this trajectory, the answer is yes.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:34 PM PST

    Anyone know an note taking app where you can add writing space in the middle of a pdf to write in?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:02 AM PST

    So far I've found no app that has this feature Assume I have a pdf file with 30 physics questions on top of eachother with no space to solve in between questions.

    I want to import the pdf, make a space between q1 and q2 that I can solve in. Is there an app that could do this feature? I know GoodNotes and OneNote can't without ghetto solutions like editing the pdf prior to importing which I can't cause I have like 300 pages. I know I can split screen for writing space but that's not what I'm looking for. Please and thank you

    submitted by /u/oneoftwentygoodmen
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil case that blocks Bluetooth signal

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:09 AM PST

    I recently got an iPad Mini and Apple Pencil. I don't use the Pencil every day and I have the problem where it would drain the Pencil battery when not in use if I don't turn off my iPad's Bluetooth to disconnect them. Since it's sort of a hassle to plug it in to pair it again when I want to use it, I thought some sort of case or sleeve that would block the Bluetooth signal to store the Pencil would be a good idea.

    Anyone do this and have a recommendation? Would it even work?

    My thinking is that, in theory, it will reconnect as soon as I take it out of the signal blocking case and I won't need to plug it in to re-pair it.

    There are some sleeves on Amazon that say they block wireless signals, but some are way overpriced. It'd be nice to get some opinions of ones that users here have tried.

    submitted by /u/Outrager
    [link] [comments]

    Brush size precies in Affinity Photo

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Is there a way to get a preview of the size of your brush while working with the Apple Pencil in affinity photo? I have been looking, but haven't found an answer yet.

    submitted by /u/oli4lambaerts
    [link] [comments]

    iPad App for Dragging and Dropping Cells in Tables

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 06:24 AM PST

    I'm looking for an iPad App that allows me to create a table and then drag and drop the cells around, pushing cells to the next column or row (picture the iPad Home Screen, and how when you drag an app from the last slot on the page, everything else pushes one down.) The drafts app comes close with the "arrange" feature but it hasn't quite hit my needs yet.

    Has anyone found something like this? Willing to pay for the app or the subscription if it does it well.

    submitted by /u/CrewUnion
    [link] [comments]

    Apps vs using safari

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 08:40 AM PST

    After a week of playing around w/ my iPad Pro I've come to find that I like using safari for Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Amazon - to name a few. When using apps, they seem built for phones, not tablets.
    Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/RaySerroni
    [link] [comments]

    Notability on mac

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:20 AM PST

    Hey

    I ordered macbook air M1 and It will be shipped in the next few weeks. However I am going to download Notability app on my mac to read my notes that I write on my ipad. Is the app free because I already have it on my iPad or I should pay for the Mac's version? Anyway, the app is on sale 80%, if it is not free how can I pay it and I don't have Mac?

    submitted by /u/YasserGx
    [link] [comments]

    In a keyboard pickle

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:32 AM PST

    I'm looking for a keyboard for my new iPad but am in a big pickle as all the options seem less than ideal.

    Currently using my iPad Pro 10.5" with the Smart Keyboard and an external mouse. It's a great setup and I love how durable and lightweight the old Smart Keyboard is. It also offers great flexibility:

    I can have it in "typing" mode with the keyboard out. "Viewing" mode with a steeper angle and the keyboard tucked away behind the tablet. "Drawing" mode which is the same but the tablet laying almost flat. Finally I can fold the whole thing flat and the microfibre/felt flap protects the keyboard and I don't have to touch it when holding the iPad in my hand

    I am going to order an iPad Air to replace my Pro. As it's my only computer, it's essential to have a good typing experience and some level of flexibility (in bed, on the go, etc).

    Ideally I'd want all the positions listed above, at a reasonable price and with minimum bulk (my iPad is a tablet, after all!)

    Magic Keyboard

    I love the wide range of viewing angles, the design and the trackpad. I'm not too fussed about the keyboard as I never had any issues with the old Smart Keyboard either. It is however very bulky, heavy, and there have been reports of less than ideal durability with edges fraying in less than 6 months. It doesn't fold flat and I can't put the keyboard away if I want to just watch something. For £299 it's a hard sell

    Smart Keyboard Folio

    It should be what my old Smart Keyboard is, but Apple screwed this generation up. The keyboard now has two viewing angles, "typing" and "viewing" modes but the keyboard is out all the time and you can't fold it away. When you fold the tablet flat, the keyboard isn't protected by anything from the table and you have to hold the keys. There are also durability concerns here. At £179 it's still not ideal.

    Smart Folio + external keyboard

    The Smart Folio + Logitech Keys-to-go is the cheapest option at £130ish. It is a bit less elegant with having to carry the keyboard around separately (and also having to worry about charge levels). The Folio only folds in "viewing" and "drawing" modes with no shallower angle for typing/video calls. But at least the damn keyboard isn't out front all the time.

    So overall I'm in a pickle and hate all my available options. The magic keyboard is expensive and heavy. The keyboard folio is terrible because the keyboard can mo longer fold away and the regular folio is bad because I can't use it on the go/in bed.

    I just want my old Smart Keyboard!

    submitted by /u/mechanical_banana
    [link] [comments]

    Imo, the iPad ecosystem is lacking. What are the gaps you noticed?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:45 PM PST

    I've had an iPad Pro gen1 for a while, and grew to never use it. However, hoping to reintroduce the iPad into my life, I just got an iPad Air 4, magic keyboard, Apple Pencil, and PS4 controller. I feel like my hardware is really capable and enjoyable, but the apps are lacking.

    I wanted to open a discussion about the apps that you find valuable versus the apps you think are not taking full advantage.

    Here are some of my observations:

    • trackpad support is a really great start, but needs more adoption by 3rd party apps. This feature, in time, I think will be more creative and effective than a standard laptop cursor.

    • using game controllers is not much supported. I'm not much of a gamer, but I found it's really fun for some first person games. But, many arcade-style games don't even support it. Furthermore, I want to see controller support throughout the system — to work the system with a controller like it can with a mouse/keyboard. Even in Pro apps, I want to see 3D and CAD apps support controller navigation.

    • Apple Pencil is great to use, but I haven't found an app to fall in love with yet. I feel like the pencil has more capabilities than the software allows. Scribble to text was a great start to realizing these capabilities! But I want to see features like that in note-taking apps, and I think there could be some more creative ways to utilize the pencil in 3rd party apps.

    • pro apps: other than note-taking, I'm not sure what actual productivity is offered. I personally would like to see more programming interfaces, SSH terminals, and other apps that help me as a programmer.

    submitted by /u/maustinv
    [link] [comments]

    iPad not showing up on Sidecar

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Hello, everyone! I am trying to use my iPad Pro as a tablet to draw while Illustrator is running on my iMac. However , when I go to Sidecar it says no devices. I've seen all the advice online and I just can't get it to work, although it's worked before. I have a brand new iMac and iPad Pro 12". Both devices are signed on with the same Apple ID. I've switched Bluetooth, WiFi, handoff ON/OFF. Airdrop is working fine to share files between the two. I don't know what else to do and I'm pretty frustrated. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/oscarjair12
    [link] [comments]

    Spatial Audio for local files on iPad?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Is there any apps that can run on iPad that support AirPods' spatial audio for local videos?

    submitted by /u/quitethewaysaway
    [link] [comments]

    Will Google ever make their Docs apps as good as the web version?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 11:29 PM PST

    Sheets, Docs, Slides all really suck. Outdated UI, missing features, and unstable. Even their android versions are better. I use mostly them through safari now but they cause problems without mouse. I would switch to MS if all my office work was not based on Google.

    submitted by /u/Sandile95
    [link] [comments]

    Any solutions for looping YouTube music videos continuously on iPad?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    This is one thing that annoys me about the iPad's user interface: what should be simple solutions are instead oblique and convoluted. There are certain music videos on YouTube that I like to listen to while working out. Due to copyright reasons, the songs can't have versions looped over and over as copies on YouTube, so you have to loop the videos themselves.

    On desktop, there's a simple solution for that: just right-click on the video and the Loop option is at the very top. On an iPad, you obviously can't do that. Tapping your finger on the video and holding for five seconds doesn't work. I tried downloading the videos and uploading them onto Google Drive, but I can't find any options for looping videos indefinitely on Google Drive. I was able to find this:

    https://youtubeloop.net/

    But that's a rather roundabout method: an unaffiliated third-party site of questionable reliability when it should be as easy as doing it on YouTube directly. Is there some option on the iPad that I'm missing? Or are you better off just using that above link?

    submitted by /u/Agniflame
    [link] [comments]

    So I used Astropad for the first time today..

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 02:15 PM PST

    Holy cracker I'm disappointed. To be fair I'm using the app over WiFi, without the Luna dongle, and I'm wondering if the experience will improve if I invest in one. Being able to touch control your Mac is pretty neat, but I just can't fathom how someone can call the experience seamless with all the pixelation, the touch latency, and the weird stroke wiggles going on with the setup. I've been using procreate mainly, before that a Huion Kamvas — and Astropad + photoshop is the worst drawing experience BY LARGE. Is there a network/hardware setting that I can tweak? What are people's experience with Astropad?

    submitted by /u/Raven833
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel