• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Apple Help MBP has fallen to the flor. Is there a way to remove the dent? Is sanding possible?

    Apple Help MBP has fallen to the flor. Is there a way to remove the dent? Is sanding possible?


    MBP has fallen to the flor. Is there a way to remove the dent? Is sanding possible?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:06 AM PST

    Do apps like Dr. Cleaner or CleanMyMac X actually work?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:53 PM PST

    I've used these apps for a while, but I am starting to think they cause more slowness.

    submitted by /u/EMAW2008
    [link] [comments]

    My phone is always no service, no cellular data settings, and I opened my sim tray to this :(( How do I fix my sim card to work?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:12 AM PST

    What could cause me to lose about 99% of the photos on my iPhone? 50,000 > 300

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:21 PM PST

    i have two specks of dust on my macbook air that won’t come off no matter what i try, i can feel they’re outside of the screen but completely stuck and have been for months now (ignore naked and afraid w seth rogen it won’t let me crop and this is best video i could get)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:15 PM PST

    I got an Apple Watch for Christmas and am not impressed. Hoping I just don’t understand it and am doing things wrong.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    I am going to preface this by saying two things. 1. It's going to be long, kind of a rant. 2. I am picky. I like things to be organized and efficient and I can't seem to get that with this watch. Again, I am hoping I'm just not doing things right and that you will be able to help me figure it out. If you're willing to do some reading, please help me!!

    I got an Apple Watch for Christmas. I wanted one, because everyone I knew who had one raved about it and it did seem really sick. I got it, and am slightly underwhelmed with what it can do. I'm going to list a bunch of my frustrations with it, I'm really hoping that you guys can tell me I am just doing it wrong and once I figure out how to use it I'll love it.

    1. Lack of customization. On the Home Screen where you are viewing your grid of apps. I can't put anything into folders, I can't even organize them into sections because I pull one app out and four of them shift to places I don't want them (which is absolutely infuriating.) And I can't delete a bunch of apps. I find it annoying I have to stare at a massive chunk of apps that I will either never use, or very rarely use, right next to apps I use daily. Doesn't make sense to me. (I know you can make it a list, I'm debating that but it's barely better. Still scrolling through unnecessary apps all the time that I just don't want)

    2. Lack of customization, but in a different place haha. The watch faces. The way my brain works. I'd like a "watch face" for a watch. Then another one for fitness. Another one for social media maybe. And another one for work related stuff. Maybe others but you get the point. I can somewhat get this through adding different complications, but it's very annoying to me that every one of them has to be a watch. I'd rather just a blank watch face where I can add 9 complications. That way I can have different watch faces for different categories. I don't need a to see the time on 8 different faces.

    3. I feel like the fitness app(s) suck. Why do I need 3 separate apps to measure Blood Oxygen, heart rate, and ECG? Put it all in one! Also, sleep, entirely own app. Fitness is an app, but also so is workout. Like what? Make one massive health app where you can access all of this info. It makes no sense to me.

    There are a few other minor things that bug me. But if I could solve those three I would hands down think this is the best watch on the planet. I should also say. There's a ton of features I love. So many really cool things you can do. It's just the structure and layout of it all that seems so not well thought out.

    Please, let me know what you think. If there are workarounds or things I am doing wrong I would love to know. Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/MonkApart9207
    [link] [comments]

    I’m scared and idk what to do, fishy calendar spam

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:51 PM PST

    So I accidentally hit a link, I didn't know what it was, I was just tapping on my phone blindly and then my phone calendar was full of spam saying "are you single" and stuff like that. Frantically trying to remove it, I clicked on the link that was in one of the calendar spam. If someone spammed your email, does that mean they hacked my iCloud account? Please help.

    submitted by /u/epic6469
    [link] [comments]

    Messages notification issue remains after iOS 14.3 update

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:43 PM PST

    After updating to iOS 14.3 I still encounter issues with receiving notifications when I get messages. Was this issue fixed for anybody else with 14.3 or does it still occur?

    submitted by /u/zsalzman12
    [link] [comments]

    ICloud not using available storage. Camera Roll Locked.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:35 PM PST

    iPhone 11. iOS 14.3 Purchased 50GB cloud space with 14GB available storage remaining but can no longer add any photos or videos to camera roll.

    I would post a pic of remaining space but...yeah...no photos allowed.

    Clicking Manage from Camera roll only takes me to Upgrade Cloud Storage & iCloud settings gives no explanation or option to do anything other than upgrade?

    How do I get my camera roll back up & running?

    submitted by /u/Kohgahn
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV and iPhone 11 Pro Max

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:16 PM PST

    My apple remote on my phone no longer works on my Apple TV, I have tried unpairing and made sure to be on the same network. It will still cast and such just can't use the remote any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Ambivalent_hermit
    [link] [comments]

    Started seeing this constantly for the last hour when in incognito mode while using Safari. How can I make it stop?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:04 PM PST

    Wireless charger staining!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:14 PM PST

    Hello Reddit, i got this wireless charger for Christmas and i looked at it his morning and i noticed it had black stains on it. my phone (iPhone 11) has a black rubber case on it. I'm wondering if this is from my phone case or the heat that the wireless charger is giving off.

    here is the link of the photo

    submitted by /u/ScytheDem
    [link] [comments]

    This noise won’t stop. Any ideas?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:44 PM PST

    Can you highlight text in Safari and perform a Google search for that text?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Can you highlight text in Safari and perform a Google search for that text? If you choose "Look Up" and it finds a direct result, I don't see any option to "Search Web" at the bottom.

    Can this be modified to somehow force a google search or always allow you to use "Search Web"?

    submitted by /u/ACAx1985
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse seems like it needs to be pressed in all of the way to click on things - is there any way to enable 'light' clicks?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:31 PM PST

    Full disclosure, I'm using a Razer Deathader Elite and this is literally my first time using a Mac (m1 Mac mini), the mouse seems like it needs to be pressed in all of the way to click on things - is there any way to enable 'light' clicks?

    I've been able to resolve most issues I have with the stock Mac OS but I can't seem to find away around this issue - it's like a normal click doesn't work, I need to press just a little harder on the mouse and it works 100% of the time.

    Is this just a Mac OS feature, and if so is there a way around it?

    Is this a firmware issue? (hopefully not, because synapse doesn't seem to work on this)

    (I also can't get my second monitor to work with an HDMI port, but that's a whole different thing)

    Thanks in advance if anyones able to help.

    Side note: I've tried EVERY mouse setting, it's not anything to do with the settings in the actual 'mouse' menu.

    submitted by /u/inEffected
    [link] [comments]

    Best Buy quoting me almost $1000 for a new motherboard and display due to water spots, what are my options here?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Has anybody else had these issues where all these weird black things appear around the border of your screen? If so how do I fix it?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:40 PM PST

    Create child account less than 1 year old?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:22 PM PST

    I'm having a problem creating a child Apple ID with a birthdate here in 2020. It looks like if I were to roll the year to 2019, it would allow me (the "Next" is blue, no longer gray).

    Anyone know anything about this?

    submitted by /u/lljc00
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air won’t turn on

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    I woke up this morning and my macbook air doesn't want to turn on, I tried smc reset with no results, and i talked to apple and they said they don't know either. The charging cable shows a green light when I plug it in half of the times i try. No sound or noise is made when I hold the power button. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Mindless-Wallaby3158
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MacBook Pro randomly shut down and now it crashes every time I try to reboot. I can’t seem to wipe the drive to install a fresh OS copy either.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:58 PM PST

    Earlier today my 2015 MacBook Pro crashed randomly. I restarted it and it got halfway to loading on this screen before immediately shutting down again.

    Now every time I restart it, the fan immediately starts ripping and then the loading bar gets between 50-75% of the way there, and then immediately shuts itself down again.

    I've tried:

    Wtf can I do? I'd rather not lose all my data but I'm prepared to do a fresh install if needed.

    When I hit restore and then image, it still seems to have my old data on it (desktop, downloads, etc). I just can't do anything with it. See here.

    submitted by /u/KahnemanAndTversky
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped iPhone and now power button is stuck

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:53 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 11 base model. It fell out of my pocket and the power button is stuck and can't be de-pressed. The entire power button is just sitting flush with the side of the phone. I initially set up assistive touch as the on/off button and it worked okay. But then the phone turned off and now I can't get it to power back on. I tried plugging it in to a power source but all I get is a note saying to visit https://support.apple.com/iphone/restore. Tried restoring it a few times but after it goes through the entire process, it repeats and asks me to restore. Is there an easy way I can somehow pop the button back out? I really cannot afford to get it replaced or buy a new one, let alone pay to get it repaired. Any hail mary suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SoldMomForKarma
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 4 Refuses To Boot Into DFU Mode

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:52 PM PST

    So I know the iPhone 4 is ancient. But I recently found an old one in my house and decided to try and get it running. But whenever I turn it on, it boots into recovery mode. So I connected it to iTunes and tried updating it and restoring it. Neither worked. So I tried booting info DFU Mode and it doesn't work. Would anyone know the reason why? And is there another way I could possibly get this old phone working again?

    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PixelChew
    [link] [comments]

    !!! Deleted all messages on my iPhone but can still see it on my Mac. Enabled sync with iCloud to show on all devices and tried everything but old messages are still not showing on the iPhone.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:51 PM PST

    ... I accidentally deleted all my messages on my iPhone... I did not have it backed up on my iCloud... however, am able to see all my iMessages on the Messages app on my Mac... I ensured both my Mac and iPhone are now synced and I even have handoff turned on to my Mac... Is there a manual way to get the messages I see in my Messages app on my Mac back on my iPhone? Googled this and there's so much about iPhone to Mac but nothing on Mac to iPhone without iCloud sync... again, I have iCloud sync enabled but these are old messages that are not transferring/syncing. I want to be able to see all (old + new) messages on my Mac on my iPhone... does anyone know how I can do this or what third party app can take any file from my Message app and import it into my iPhone? I even tried to restore my iPhone several times and the iCloud sync does not transfer any of my old messages -- this is why I am looking for a manual method that does not involve iCloud sync.

    submitted by /u/t2funkie
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain iCloud, and what it has to do with my phone's storage?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:42 PM PST

    I had pretty low free storage space on my phone, and even though I didn't seem to have that many photos and videos on my phone, I still went through and deleted a bunch. But it didn't seem to help.

    There's an album for "Streamed Photos" or something, and I decided to disable that cause I felt like that should free up space (since all the photos were repeats of what's in my "All Photos" folder), but I went from like 1.2 GB used to 3.8?

    I don't understand or use the cloud. I keep my photos on my phone or laptop, and manually transfer them back and forth if needed, nothing wireless.

    Can someone explain simply why photos seem to take up so much space on my phone, and what to do about it?

    submitted by /u/cadeawayy
    [link] [comments]

    Slow charging speed!! (iPhone X)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:38 PM PST

    My iphone 6 has a battery health of 73% and charges 7% in 5 minutes where as my iphone X has a battery health of 85% but charges 7% in 9 minutes. What could be the reason for this and will replacing the battery for my iphone x improve its charging speed?

    submitted by /u/Skycasio
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel