• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    macOS 🚀 Seeing there were so many new icons being made, I built a website with almost 200 icons based on a GitHub repo I made some weeks ago. Everything is open source, so feel free to make any request for new icons or even better, contribute with your own icons.

    macOS �� Seeing there were so many new icons being made, I built a website with almost 200 icons based on a GitHub repo I made some weeks ago. Everything is open source, so feel free to make any request for new icons or even better, contribute with your own icons.


    �� Seeing there were so many new icons being made, I built a website with almost 200 icons based on a GitHub repo I made some weeks ago. Everything is open source, so feel free to make any request for new icons or even better, contribute with your own icons.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Made an Origin icon for Big Sur, let's hope for better Mac gaming on ARM

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    List of apps to maximize your Mac's efficiency

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Here is my list of apps that I find to be pretty useful to get full control of your Mac:

    -Battery Monitor: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/battery-monitor-health-info/id836505650?mt=12

    As useful as CoconutBattery but with better UI and menu bar integration.

    -TurboBoost Switcher: http://tbswitcher.rugarciap.com/ the Pro version is really useful for the cost and you can just email them to release your license key should you replace your MacBook.

    -HWSensors: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/ you will be amazed of how careful they placed the sensors to monitor almost every aspect of your laptop's health (except CPU frequency). To see the CPU frequency, get Intel Power Gadget: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-power-gadget.html

    -gSwitch (for discrete GPU Macs only): https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/62469/gswitch to easily control the dGPU's access.

    -Bonus: Forecast Bar: https://forecastbar.com/mac just for better weather watch out ;-)

    submitted by /u/tanphu194
    [link] [comments]

    Migration assistant vs restoring a backup?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    How is Migration Assistant different than restoring a backup? Are any settings lost when using migration assistant? I want to transfer my data from a time machine backup via migration assistant.

    submitted by /u/Half_Baked_1
    [link] [comments]

    super excited to play around with this on my 2017 MB Pro

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    2017 13" MBP w/Touch Bar crashing after keyboard swapped through replacement program

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Hi all, I bit the bullet on getting my keyboard swapped a month or two ago because the keys kept sticking. Ever since I've had it back (took about 3 weeks) it's been randomly crashing. I've run benchmarks etc on it without any problem, it doesn't usually matter what I'm doing, watching a video, web browsing, emails etc.

    Is there any way I can find out whats causing the crashes?

    submitted by /u/dedmunk_
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously? 70.81gb of other data. Can somebody please help?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    Ubuntu mac app like windows 10 has?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    So i just learnt that windows has an Ubuntu app that gives you an ubuntu box you can use on windows 10. It's not a VM from what I can tell as you can access hosted services on localhost ports. Does anyone know of anything similar for mac other than parallels with an ubuntu installation?

    submitted by /u/tanakasan1734
    [link] [comments]

    It’s been over 2 years and Apple still hasn’t fixed one of my favorite features, the Artwork Screensaver �� (music doesn’t play anymore when you click on an album)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    Strange Multiple DeveloperDiskImage Volumes on Desktop - Any Clue What Could Cause This?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Is the Mac Mini worth getting now since it’s been refreshed?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Is there a way to print large formats into smaller paper?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Similar to what Acrobat Reader call "Poster". From time to time I want to print something large (PDF, image) into printer with a smaller paper size. So far I could not find any advice other than "use Acrobat Reader".

    Is there any other option which does not involve Adobe software?

    submitted by /u/unodron
    [link] [comments]

    Music app reset the default location to my Macbook's internal hard drive instead of my external drive. How do I put the location back?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    So I attempted to change the library location to my external hard drive again (as it was before a dumb ass update days ago) and now it wants to create a new music folder instead of using the one I had for the last 3 years.

    How do you fix? I attempted to go into music preferences, and changed the music media folder and it hasn't uploaded anything I have on the external hard drive to my iTunes library, the iTunes library only has items from 2019, nothing I have uploaded in 2020.

    submitted by /u/joe_schmo54
    [link] [comments]

    Any help Please? MacBook pro 2012

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    I honestly love my MacBook, but recently the battery is just draining WAYYYY too quick. I bought one about a year ago and replaced it myself (EGOWAY). At this point it won't even last for 1 hour from 100%. The odd thing is I don't really use my MacBook for anything "heavy," and the batteries full charge capacity is still 6016 mAh. It really makes no sense and even after checking the batteries' status, it's still "good." Can anyone help me out or should I just get another battery.

    Thank you guys!

    submitted by /u/MightGuy8Gates
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 16 @ 5120 x 1440 is possible?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Hi! I am considering buying a 32:9 display (5120 x 1440) to match with a MBP 16 (5500m), so i've watched a lot of reviews of those displays (LG 49WL95C and Dell U4919DW), but a couple of reviewers warns that those displays will only go up till 3840x1080 with a MBP 16, which is obviously not optimal considering the price :(, but these are only a couple of scenarios... So basically i need to know if some of you guys have tried this match and which cable did you used (usb-c to usb-c or usb-c to DP, etc) many thanks!

    submitted by /u/vonpride
    [link] [comments]

    Can i replace/swap the data volume?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    I erased and reinstalled macOS (Catalina), but (intentionally) left the existing data volume alone. The reinstall went fine, it created a new data volume. Is there any way to effectively swap volumes so the system will use the old one as the data volume?

    submitted by /u/DoubtfulGerund
    [link] [comments]

    Apple...Why?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Why can I not adjust the volume with my MacBook when attached to a TV over HDMI? Really...why not? It is EXTREMELY inconvenient especially when Ubuntu and Windows work just fine in this situation. MacOS...nope. Volume controls are disabled when hooked up to a TV. Why? I just want to understand why so I can settle and accept. Why Apple? Why?

    I AM NOT looking for tech support as I KNOW there is no solution. I just wish to understand.

    submitted by /u/immersive-matthew
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur AirPods Script

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    I've always had a script with an icon on my dock to one click connect to my AirPods but now getting an error on Big Sur since upgrading..

    Can't get «class mbri» 1 of «class mbar» 1 of «class prcs» "SystemUIServer" of application "System Events" whose description contains "bluetooth". Invalid index.

    System Events got an error: Can't get menu bar item 1 of menu bar 1 of process "SystemUIServer" whose description contains "bluetooth". Invalid index. (-1719)

    Anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/iDarden
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have bootable installer for OS 10.12 or 10.13?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I recently updated to Mojave and the change from OpenGL to Metal has ruined my performance with my GameCube emulator. I can't find any installers online as Apple removes old OS installers and I can't go through my purchases in the App Store as I never had either of those operating systems.

    It would be a huge help! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/donthateskate729
    [link] [comments]

    I made a simple bash script to update mac icons automatically (see comment)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Since Apple hold all the cards in their software why does gaming suck?!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    They have metal APi, they have all the software built from the ground up for a single solution albeit not as specific as console hardware it SHOULD have the same advantage. What gives?

    NOTE: im specifically refferring to Gaming on games made for Mac that work better, much better on windows.

    submitted by /u/OfficerWade
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel