• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 08/05

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 08/05


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 08/05

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 08/05

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Incredible iPadOS 15 concept by Parker Ortolani.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    2018 iPad Pro - lightning to usb or usb-c ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Is it possible to transfer files with this older iPad Pro using the lightning port potentially using a lightning to usb-c cable and adaptor or something like that?

    submitted by /u/aladdinr
    [link] [comments]

    MK key mappings

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    What are the key mappings you've added that make the MK and iPad that much better?

    I've only got the is the Control Key mapped as the Escape key.

    submitted by /u/gadgetvirtuoso
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a guide for older people that have never had tech before?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    My dad bought my gran (his mum) an iPad 7th Gen, the cheapest one you can get so not the air/pro. She wants to do shopping online because of the probability that lockdown will go back again. My dad is going to set her up with a PayPal soon and I have made her accounts for the shopping apps.

    She isnt very tech savvy. I have never had an iPad but I can navigate most tech. I installed shopping apps, put the important ones on the home page/the bottom tab thing.

    However she still struggles with navigating, how to get from one app to another and a bit of simple typing.

    I want to print her out a guide to help her so she isn't calling me so often about it. I don't mind helping her but it would be better if there was a guide she could refer to. One that's easy to understand.

    submitted by /u/furretguy
    [link] [comments]

    Black Camo Dbrand Skin on my 7th Gen iPad��������

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    LIDAR Data Experimentation

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    hey peeps - I work in architecture and for some of our conservation projects we've been trying to find a way to capture real world geometry. We usually get laserscan data as pointclouds however they are often huge files that are difficult to work with. So I'm wondering if someone would be kind enough to share a lidar scan made with the latest ipad pro so that I can do some tests to figure out if an ipad pro would do the trick for us. Nothing specific, maybe a room interior or a part of a building from the outside - something around 3x3m. I'm not sure which format lidar data usually comes in, but I'm happy to specify which formats would work for me. Many thanks 🙏

    submitted by /u/emresen
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Fancy Key Pro Steals Stuff in Your Clipboard

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    Before you all come yelling at me I am not a security expert. I am a user of the iOS14 Beta and one of the Security Features is to show when a Paste Occurs. Surprisingly enough when you load up Fancy Key Pro you get a little pop up that says Paste Occured. What this means is that anything in your clipboard is now breached since you need to use said keyboard to paste text but at the same time opening the app / keyboard logs your paste

    submitted by /u/CrankySupertoon
    [link] [comments]

    Hilarious 2nd attempt at using my iPad Pro 2018 as a PC replacement

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Hilarious 2nd attempt at using my iPad Pro 2018 as a PC replacement

    A little backstory, I tried using my iPP 2018 as a way to work on the go last year when I first got it only to find it was a disaster. So here we are, 1 year later with a pandemic, forcing us to work from home. I have a desktop PC, no Macs at home, and I just happened to get a message from my boss to amend a drawing.

    So I thought, it's been a year, maybe things have changed? iOS 14 is coming, apps are constantly updated etc. I wanted to see if the iPP can truly be a PC/Laptop replacement, so I went to the spiritual home of Apple users around the world, Starbucks.

    I already have experience beforehand knowing CAD would be trash on the iPP and that still holds true. For this very reason, I left my home PC on to remote in. So below, I am using the latest AutoCAD mobile app to try to amend this very simple and generic drawing(which is why i'm not afraid to show it). I saw that AutoCAD mobile now has a command line! WOW! It's the first time I've seen it, holy crap I was super excited, only to find it is as useful as using a spoon to chop down a tree.

    Basic commands are there, but no shortcuts available. It is still extremely limited in what you can do, I placed a new annotation but can't change anything in Properties, so I tried to MATCHPROP, can't. Ok fine, what about SELECTSIM, nope, doesn't exist either. To their credit, MIRROR is included now.

    Knowing I can't do crap like this, I remote in to my desktop PC BUT! I forgot to bring my mouse, I tried switching between Pointer/Pen mode, both were equally disastrous.

    Then I found the fatal flaw in this plan, I was using an iPP case with a keyboard made for the iPP. There are no FUNCTION keys, more importantly, ESC was missing, I googled and found that this keyboard uses CMD + . to emulate ESC. Anyway, it was a shit show at this point.

    So I'm already at Starbucks, might as well do something, I opened up Lynda, I already downloaded a C# tutorial at home, fired up Remote Desktop again and opened VS Community. Picture in Picture mode from Lynda was fun, made it easier to learn but again, no ESC and Function keys. So I had to bring up the onscreen keyboard to use CTRL + F5 to run my code.

    If you're wondering why my CAD drawing appears slightly different in the 2 images, that's because I did manage to make some amendments, but very, VERY, -VERY-, minor adjustments. And I had to be creative in how I did it, I had no ISO mode to swap to and it was janky as hell trying to draw, so most of it was COPY and PASTE existing lines over and over and over, then trimming them bit by bit, it was a bloody nightmare. What could be done in 3 minutes on my desktop took me 1 hour at my spiritual home.

    So there you go, the iPP for me at least, is still just a note taking/sketches/drafts kind of tablet. For my use, this thing is inadequate. If you use CAD, you would know a drawing like this is easy, if you find a way to draw this faster than I did on the app, do share.

    https://preview.redd.it/mfcy9xxqk8f51.jpg?width=1124&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a605ce9f2c5f4759179e0763f560fc970cb0286d

    https://preview.redd.it/vvw48xxqk8f51.jpg?width=1111&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0599c5b0a29fef949d58583d0021021ee92239e0

    https://preview.redd.it/ziqmiwxqk8f51.jpg?width=2016&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0d41c9c8082dce5a8e8c2a6c79920f79a54a2975

    https://preview.redd.it/8rf16xxqk8f51.jpg?width=2016&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b220b7dbb8ce1f4a45bc3522e473b9dc98f7a97d

    submitted by /u/leji_Leo
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone connected 2 ipads to a macbook pro?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    I'd like to have 2 ipads as external monitors for a macbook pro. I've seen someone on reddit use sidecar and duet together. Curious how it ran and if there's another solution to just use one platform to run it all

    submitted by /u/aplacebeyondthepines
    [link] [comments]

    Best paper like screen protector for iPad Pro 2020

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    A lot of them that I found said that it ruined the tip of their apple pencils and wanted to see if y'all knew any that didn't?

    submitted by /u/depressedclownary
    [link] [comments]

    Will my Apple ID automatically sync to my new iPad?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    I thought I read somewhere that with iOS 11 or later, you can put a device (iPhone I think) next to your iPad while setting it up and the ID on your iPhone syncs (adds to? goes to?) your iPad.

    I have an older ID I don't want to add to my iPad when I get it. If this is a thing, do I just put my phone in another room while setting it up so it doesn't connect to it? Do I have the option to decline adding an ID when setting up my iPad?

    All that said, will I still be able to update my device to the next iOS when it's available? I can't remember if you have to be logged into an ID on your iPhone to update, but I know on my MacBook I don't have to, so I'm not sure about the iPad as I've never had one before.

    submitted by /u/dudewithtea
    [link] [comments]

    Music Player for Mac and iOS for local/network music library

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    So I use Swinsian on my Mac which is the best music library app I've encountered after trying various ones after ditching iTunes..

    However now I have an iPad and I would like to listen to my music library on my Mac through network (SMB). However I can't find anything on the App Store that offers cross-platform with iOS and Mac, other than VOX which is expensive and I'm not interested in uploading it to their cloud.

    Is there any way to use my own library on my iPad that doesn't look an app written in the late 90s as evidenced by many in the app store?

    I've already accepted that I can't really do anything about play count synchronizing, but at least playing my lossless library AIFF+ALAC in Hi-Res would be nice..

    submitted by /u/0maeWaM0uShindeiru
    [link] [comments]

    Ways to make my notes look pretty?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I got the 12.9" iPad Pro (2020) with the Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard. I LOVE it. But I'm wondering how I can make my notes look neater? I use external fonts for the headers and stuff but I find my handwriting (that wasn't that great on paper anyways) to just be... bad and ruin the whole aesthetic of the notes.

    I then see videos of others with beautiful iPad notes and I'm wondering: does anyone have any tips to improve handwriting on the iPad? My mom is a natural with beautiful writing. I tried the Paperlike screen protector and it didn't help with the writing—I've since removed it as I find the pencil leaves a mark there that I have to wipe every time and it decreases the iPad's amazing display quality.

    I'm okay with putting in the effort to improve my handwriting as it would really help with study inspiration. I'm honestly thinking of writing everything by hand, then making a second batch of notes with the handwriting replaced with nice fonts. A big waste of time but wayyy easier on the eyes.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/theGrapeMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe to go back while using Chrome with multitasking on?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    Swiping from the right towards the left us the default Chrome command. With multi task gestures, that instead opens up a 2nd app window. That means, you cannot swipe from the right to go forward in your history.

    Is there a workaround or something obvious I'm missing? I really don't want to disable multitasking gestures.

    submitted by /u/Supahflii
    [link] [comments]

    Google GSuite in Safari is better

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed that Google Docs seems to be vastly superior running in Safari than the actual app? Has anyone heard if anything is in the works to update the GSuite apps available on iPad?

    submitted by /u/ItsBondVagabond
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get signature with pictures in the Outlook app?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    I work as a car seller and I use the Ipad pro as my main «computer» amazing device that makes my day easier. My company uses Outlook for email, and I would like to add to the signature a photo of the company logo and a facebook and instagram logo aswell on the signature. I want the custommers to be able to click on the company logo and go straigth to our homepage and see all our cars that are out for sale. And when they click on the facebook and instagram logo I would like the custommers to be able to with just one click get forwarded to our facebook or instagram profile.

    submitted by /u/xwx000
    [link] [comments]

    Two failed Smart Keyboard in two years, possible to fix them?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    I have an iPad Pro 10.5" which I bought in December 2017. In March 2018 I bought a Smart Keyboard for it. In December 2018 the Smart Keyboard started failing -- I would fold it into typing position but the virtual keyboard would stay on screen, as if the Smart Keyboard wasn't connected, or not in typing position. After some back and forth, Apple sent me a new one (I still have the old one).

    Fast forward to March of this year, the replacement one starts exhibiting the same symptoms. At the time I was just too busy to call Apple, but last month I did and, as I would expect, they refused to replace. I'm suing Apple for the value of the keyboard, as there's certainly an expectation that an expensive accessory for a pro device would last longer than 1 year (on average -- 2 failed devices over exactly 2 years), but I still would like to try to make the Smart Keyboard work again.

    Fiddling around with rebooting the device and resetting the settings, last week I got it to work twice, and when it did, it worked perfectly -- no lag, every key press was registered, etc. Unfortunately, after taking it out of typing position, it wouldn't work afterwards when folded back to the typing position. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the hardware is fine and the connection between the two is OK (no recessed pin on the smart connector, and I cleaned both the keyboard and iPad ends of the connector with isopropyl alcohol).

    If I had to guess, I would say there's a magnet on the Smart Keyboard that signals the iPad that it is folded into typing position, and maybe the magnet got weaker, or the Hall effect sensor that detects the magnet is faulty. I would guess it's Hall Effect Sensor 1 here in page 199 of this document. I did try rubbing a magnet at various positions in the keyboard, as suggested here. It appears to have made no difference; perhaps with a more detailed description of how and where exactly to rub the magnet (and, I suspect, the correct polarity for the magnet), this would be more effective.

    Would anyone have any suggestion of other things to try to make my Smart Keyboard work again? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/swineone
    [link] [comments]

    Start sidecar from the iPad

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Is it in any way possible to start a sidecar session from the iPad (instead of from macOS)?

    I often find myself sitting downstairs with my iPad and suddenly need to look at something on my iMac upstairs. It would be really convenient if I could just start a sidecar session directly from the iPad instead of needing to go upstairs and start it from there, and maybe just do what I need to do directly on the Mac instead.

    I know it's not meant to be used as a Remote Desktop connection, but as it is today I often start sidecar from the Mac and then go to another room with perhaps a sofa or something else and using my iPad as a Mac in a more relaxed way.

    submitted by /u/einord
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro as a HDMI external display for a camera in 2020

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Am I right it is 2020 and there is still no perfect pro-level solution? Blackmagic?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/pro100bear
    [link] [comments]

    Simultaneous audio/video playback is severely needed on iPadOS...

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Not just for iPadOS, but for iOS as well.

    When you listen to music and want to occasionally watch a video clip from Reddit or Twitter, your music slowly has to slowly fade away before the video can play.

    Not to mention that there's bugs where iPad thinks Reddit/Twitter is playing a video and it cuts off your current playback just because you were scrolling through your feed.

    You can't be productive at all...

    Also you can't play a video and listen to a commentary track that you sync it with using two files.

    submitted by /u/quitethewaysaway
    [link] [comments]

    Use iPad Pro 2020 with Thunderbolt Display

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    I got the iPad Pro 2020, and have a Thunderbolt Display at home, which I use with my mac and other computers (I have Apple's Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter). The issue is that since the iPad does not support Thunderbolt devices, nothing is displayed on the Thunderbolt Display when connecting the iPad through Apple's official connector. Is there anyone that perhaps knows a workaround? Maybe with a dock?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/davidclavijo
    [link] [comments]

    iPad OS 14 beta 4 is out

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    It is finally here. Hope it solves all the bugs.

    submitted by /u/Adhitya009
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel