• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 1, 2020

    iOS Gaming Update on Self Promotion posts

    iOS Gaming Update on Self Promotion posts


    Update on Self Promotion posts

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Hello all, hope all is well.

    In the ever on-going battle to reduce the amount of self promotion spam and low quality post, a new rule is being introduced alongside the current ones. We hope that this will increase the quality of the subreddit for you all :D

    From next Saturday (08/08/2020), all self promotion posts must be tagged with [Dev] at the start of the title. In addition to this, they should be flaired with the Self Promotion flair.

    This will make it clear which posts are promotion, and which are not.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/DipperDolphin
    [link] [comments]

    After three months, my endless driving game is starting to take form.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    A challenging MMORPG experience?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    I want to scratch that old World of Warcraft Classic itch on iOS, but can't find a proper MMORPG that holds up to my (only three!) expectations:

    • Character/Classes/Talents: I'd love to play a game with more than one useful character build per class. The priest/shadow priest-choice is a great example for this. Please don't let me have the same exact active abilities like all the other priests.
    • Open World: Let me choose my own path. Let me explore your world on my own. Offer me quests but don't force them on me. Reward exploration.
    • Challenge: I can't stress this enough. Please let me die if I don't do anything. Spending your points, choosing your gear, using your abilities in a tactical order should feel rewarding.

    Of course I tried a few games. Here are my FIRS IMPRESSIONS of the early game:

    Celtic Heroes

    + Open world MMORPG that rewards exploration and punishes you if you go the wrong way.

    + Choose among (at least) five classes (Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Druid, Rogue).

    + Build your character by spending stat and ability points how you like it.

    + No autoplay. My druid had to use more than her two damage spells to survive a fight.

    - There seems to be only one useful way to play your character. At least as a druid it was a no brainer in which stats or abilities I should invest my points. Am I wrong here?

    - Until level 15 there wasn't a single item drop. Can't say if they happen later.

    - It's still kind of easy. I had a strong max hp buff I never had to use. I never went out of mana.

    Villagers & Heroes

    + This one looks really promising! You get three different talent trees for every class (warrior, hunter, priest, shaman, wizard). There are no races, but I'm fine with that.

    + The trailer shows a beautiful open world that looks like vanilla WoW.

    - The beginning is very streamlined and easy. I never was even close to death, I never went out of mana.

    - The items you wear define the abilities you can actively use...?!

    This will be the game I will dig deeper into.

    World of Kings

    + Awesome graphics, a beautifully designed open world, World of Warcraft ripoff.

    + Humans, high elves, orcs, dwarves, nightbornes and, yes, furries can be warriors, fighters, rogues, wizards, mages, dark sages, clerics, paladins, archers or earthen walkers. On top of that they can split into different specializations! Wow!

    - But holy cow, the autoplay is such a turnoff. Right from the beginning you don't have to do anything! After five minutes I killed mobs, bombarded giants, fought a mirror match against myself, reached level 6, got a mount, visited three different places only by tapping the screen if a dialogue pops up. I don't know if I had to spend any points or if I should have equipped anything because it makes absolutely no difference. Is there, after passing the character selection screen, any difference if I play this game or a bot? Where's the point?

    Adventure Quest 3D

    + The beginning was fun! The tutorial offers short, funny dialogue parts, and doesn't hold your hand too long.

    + After entering the populated main town I had to find my own way, read quest logs and short traveled into a forest, where I actually had to grind a bit to proceed.

    - In the beginning you can only choose between the warrior, rogue and mage class. Later you get the necromancer, hunter and paladin.

    - But it looks like you won't develop your character any further after unlocking its skills. So it seems to be an easy access fast food action mmorpg.

    - The reviews tell you that the gameplay repeats itself too often and you have to grind like a lot.

    Order & Chaos II: Redemption

    + Similar to World of Kings, so I repeat myself. Awesome graphics, a beautifully designed open world.

    + Five races (Human, Elf, Mendel, Orc, Kratan), five classes (Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Blood, Knight, Monk). Promising!

    - Ads! Lots of them! Everywhere!

    - Autoplay. I know some games allow me to deactivate it. But I can't see myself investing time into tactical thoughts if it doesn't give me any advantage. To be fair, I didn't give the game a second chance. Maybe you can change my mind.

    Crusaders of Light

    + I recognize a pattern: Like WoK and O&C2 the character models and the open(?) world look great.

    + Shadow Knight, Warrior, Mystic, Chaos Mystic, Ranger, Dark Ranger, Paladin, Divine Paladin, Elementalist - cool!

    - The pattern continues: Ads everywhere.

    - Autoplay. Right from the beginning my character looked like an epic hero. I blew through the first enemies and quests, got rewarded for looking at the screen passively, began with 20(!) health and mana potions although the crabs couldn't do shit. On purpose I didn't spend any points anywhere to see if the game gets at least a bit challenging. It didn't.

    Evil Lands

    + Mind blowing graphics in the style of Elder Scrolls Online.

    + No autoplay.

    + There are talent trees but I can't tell yet if it gets close to WoW.

    - ... because, again, I was an epic mage right from the start. I just checked this: I pulled SIX skeletons (lvl1) as a lvl3 mage. They hit me with 3-4 dmg/hit. My maxHP: 614. Three more skeletons joined them. I blew them all away with a single fireball. Sigh.

    - No open world. Maybe thats a point I'm willing to drop.

    I already downloaded Black Desert Mobile and Darkness Rises, but don't have that much hope.

    As you can see I probably didn't give those games as much credit as they deserve. What did I miss? Which game challenges you right from the beginning and lets you find your own way to develop your character and explore an open world? I'd be absolutely willing to pay (monthly) for a World of Warcraft-clone. But please, please make me suffer!

    submitted by /u/myrelic
    [link] [comments]

    Calm and peaceful vibes amid hustling and bustling settlement of The Bonfire 2.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    [Dev] A lil something

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Herodom version 2.1 is released, targeted at iPhone and iPad! It's being covered in many country's Apple top ranks! As suggested by some, I would like to emphasize that Herodom is free, and offers just ONE in-app purchase. To get access to the full content if you like it enough. Ad-free as well!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    Making a multiplayer parkour game for mobile please leave feedback

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    LF specific game types

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    Hello y'all! Hope everyone's doing aight during these crazy times? So I'm looking for games similar to MinimalDungeonRPG and the wanderer where you can uprgrsde your base/character like in the wanderer or expire dungeons and get better loot ect in minimal. Off if paid or free or if it's a try first then IAP to unlock the full game is fine. Links to the two games mentioned above below...take care y'all!

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/minimal-dungeon-rpg/id1480318524

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-wanderer/id1365548683

    submitted by /u/Morning101
    [link] [comments]

    Diablo Immortal New Trailer Revealed During ChinaJoy 2020

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    Fancy Pants

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    So, I bought this game about 3 months ago (during quarantine and state lock down) it's a cute little platforms. I am really enjoying it, just wondering if anyone else has played this game?

    Every time someone asks for game recommendations, I never see this one listed.

    It's a paid game with No IAP.

    submitted by /u/pah1978
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a game...

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Just thinking that I would love to play a game like space miner. Doesn't have to be a space game, just a game where I level up stuff, parts, and/or weapons and just make a bad ass machine! I really liked adding the different engines, guns and such to the ship. Really made grinding feel worthwhile. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Griswa
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for a game for mobile.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Not sure if allowed but for the last year or so I've had an idea for a mobile game, what I'm picturing is a ccg/tcg crossed with location based gaming similar to Pokemon go. Imagine having to walk around to find cards, gather coins to buy packs, ai opponents to go against and win special cards. I wouldn't think pvp would be location based, but more match making.

    So after I've described it what do people think? Would a game like this be viable or fun to play?

    submitted by /u/Jamendithas92
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone I’m looking for the name of a game I saw in a youtube ad recently. It starts with a stone golem, more in post...

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel