• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    iPad Just got myself a Magic Trackpad 2. Love it with the ipad 👌 (Fastest unbox you will ever see)

    iPad Just got myself a Magic Trackpad 2. Love it with the ipad �� (Fastest unbox you will ever see)


    Just got myself a Magic Trackpad 2. Love it with the ipad �� (Fastest unbox you will ever see)

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    iPad 12.9” for students

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Recently made this on my iPad, instead of working on my project :P

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    New 24hr review video Magic Keyboard iPad Pro by MrExitStrategy

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    My new iPad Pro 12.9" 2020 with friends

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    iPad Pro Magic Keyboard viewing angle compared to smart keyboard folio

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    My Budget iPad Setup - Less than 100$

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    A simple drawing.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    16:9 format on external screens - When will iPads be a 'real' alternative?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    I bought my iPad Pro 10'' last year and am quite happy about it. All the usual business apps like Skype, Google apps and MS Office work like a charm. Who has the luxury (or the opportunity to pay no or very little money for it) to use Office365 will know how convenient it is to just have everything on the iPad.

    But: Every now and then I really fancy a bigger screen like a 27'' monitor to easily work through large excel files, flip through large bunch of photos or just browse the internet.

    I still dont understand why the iPad Pro just mirrors the screen. 16:9 has been a common format for nearly 20 years now. When can we finally expect this supported by a "pro-product" like the iPad Pro/iPadOS?

    Since iPadOS 13 supports mouse and keyboard one would expect to get the external screen format supported as well.

    TL;DR When can we finally expect actual 16:9 external screen format supported by a "pro-product" like the iPad Pro/iPadOS?

    submitted by /u/creamerr
    [link] [comments]

    In depth PaperLike 2 vs Glass including photos, close-ups and honest opinion.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    First of all, I hope you are safe and enjoying the situation as much as possible.

    The biggest downside, which is the big elephant in the room when I was thinking about getting a matte screen protector or not, resolution and colours are indeed affected as everyone expected. As you can see in the following photos with both screens at the same brightness, the iPad Pro 9.7" looks slightly more vibrant and shiny. On the other hand, there are not screen reflections with the matte protector, which you cannot see because I cropped out everything but the image itself, but it will be compared later. (With the matte screen protector you won't see yourself, it completely eliminates the mirror effect).

    - Following link redirects you to a post with 3 photos, read labels for knowing which one you are looking at: https://imgur.com/gallery/I2GlkN6

    -Following link redirects to a close-up, your an see the difference, the rainbow effect is not noticeable in real life, even though it is noticeable when you take a photo of it: https://imgur.com/gallery/8Yj0dWB

    As said before, it is noticeable (kind of), everything is a little bit washed; colours does not look so vibrant, but does it ruin the experience? I will get into that question at the end of the article. But in a nutshell, no it does not.

    It has some really good upsides as well , so we are not done yet:

    - Light reflection is really surprising. I am adding photos below so you can see the difference. In the first one the camera is focusing on the reflection, and the second one, on the screen: https://imgur.com/gallery/ANmJexC

    - I am not taking photos of finger prints, but believe me, they are nonexistent, I clean it every now and then just because I am used to do it. If you find yourself cleaning the screen because you cannot see properly through finger prints or greasy marks from your hands, this is over with the screen protector.

    - Apple Pencil feedback. I have been writing on screen for a year. And I loved it, it was an effortless way to write. But it happened to me, that while writing at different angles, the tip would tend to slip; what I am trying to say is, on glass the tip resistance was varying while writing, with the matte screen protector, the friction is constant, the pencil does not tend to slip while writing or drawing. Also I was not expecting it to allow the hand to slide smoothly. While writing on glass the screen felt more "sticky" to the hand while moving it.

    Conclusions:

    - I was personally worried about it ruining the display, and I was skeptical about it. But I found an offer and I decided to give it a try. Honestly, the screen still looks really sharp, I am writing this 50 centimetres away from the screen, using multitasking so the letters are rather small, and I have absolutely no problem reading it while writing. So one of my biggest concerns which was, if it would make office work (excel, word, you name it) a pain in the neck, the answer is, it won't.

    - It is more enjoyable to write on, it is a smoother experience overall, for the reasons mentioned above. But it is not life changing at all, it is not like what sponsored people say. It is good, yes, it feels better, yes, but it is not a whole new experience. For me, a person who uses it to take notes everyday, making my job a more enjoyable is a deal breaker, just because making what I do for at least 5 hours a day easier and/ or more pleasant is invaluable.

    - I find myself lowering the brightness, because it feels like I do not need that much light, due to the "nonexistent" reflections. Unless you are in a situation where the sun light is reflecting with the perfect angle so it hits your eyes, it really seems like the screen does not react with the light around it. So I just don't have to worry about annoying reflections that makes me need more brightness to see through them. And even when the sun is hitting the screen, as you can see above, you can clearly read though it, while with a glass screen protector you can nearly see more than a white spot.

    - Because of I have mentioned above, reading on it is really nice, because you just carry it around without thinking of the lighting of the room or place you are in. If you have seen e-readers, with matte screens so you can read anywhere and you see everything pretty clearly, well it is a "similar" experience.

    My recommendation as a person who like to optimise everything as much as possible and not being a fan of brands nor certain products until I have them; my advice is, if you write on it a lot, it is worth trying at least. If you are not taking notes, but you are concerned about the dirty greasy screen and you want that matte feel so can't see reflections and everything looks ; give it a try.

    If you want to have a screen protector so you don't scratch the screen and you barely take notes or draw with the pencil and you use it for consuming media mostly, there are plastic films which are cheap and will make the function easily without affecting image quality.

    If you want a glass feel which gives the maximum protection and it is like the screen glass itself, and you do not care about reflections, well glass screen protector with up to 9H hardness are pretty cheap right now as well!

    //Both iPads are pro versions, 264 ppi, so the sharpness is the same, even though the iPad 12.9 has more contrast ratio. //

    Edit: typo

    submitted by /u/jaquemateateos69
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have any recommendations of apps to use to code?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    I'm a comp sci minor and usually I just use terminal on the macbook to log into GL for my projects. is there a good way to replicate this on the ipad?

    submitted by /u/leiminila
    [link] [comments]

    Do we know anything about battery life with the new Magic Keyboard?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    This is one thing I haven't seen discussed anywhere and I didn't see any mention of it in the hands-on videos going around.

    The Magic Keyboard has a trackpad as well as a backlit keyboard, meaning it almost certainly uses a lot more energy than the current Smart Keyboard Folio.

    I've seen no mention of the device having its own battery, meaning it likely draws all its power from the iPad Pro via the Smart Connector.

    Do we know anything about how much power it draws? I wonder how this will affect the iPad's battery life. Hopefully we start to see some testing this week when customers begin receiving their keyboards.

    submitted by /u/heyyoudvd
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech Touch Combo review for 10.5 Pro and iPad Air 3

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Sketching panda girl characters in my iPad Pro. Which one do you prefer? Timelapse video in the comment

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    Multitasking with multiple windows of the same app

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    I need all the tips and tricks on iPadOS! I'm learning as I go, but trying to be as efficient as possible so I can eventually convert most of my non-work life to using iPad and being just as productive. 🤞 That said, here's my question...

    Is there a shortcut (or easy way) to move between multiple windows of the same app (similar to what cmd-` would be on macOS I guess?). The biggest use case is with Safari. Often I have an app open, let's say Notes with Safari on the side, maybe I'm taking notes on an article or something. I have another safari window open that's full screen which I can get to my swiping with 4 fingers or the multitasking screen, but if I use cmd-tab like I'm used to, and choose Safari, it just stays on the current screen due to Safari being open in split view on that screen.

    Am I missing anything? Any other favorite productivity shortcuts specifically when using an external keyboard? 🙏

    submitted by /u/derrickshowers
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a magnetic back case for iPad Pro 11”

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    As title says, looking for a magnetic back case for the iPad Pro 11".

    Do not want any folio features, just a back plate that is easy to snap on and off the iPad. I'm using a Moft stand currently on my iPad and wand to stick this too the backplate for easier removal. That way I can switch between that and the magic keyboard easily.

    What I'm looking for is like what the bridge keyboards come with, but they don't sell that separately 😫

    Anyone got any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Geniex5
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know any cool things you can do on a iPad?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    So I'm using my iPad more for school work since I can be in bed all day. Does anybody know any hacks for an iPad? Doing stuff easier, anything in the settings that most people wouldn't know about?

    Edit: I mean are there any tips to do school work better on a iPad .

    submitted by /u/Doc-Zombie
    [link] [comments]

    3rd party trackpad cases for iPad Pro 3rd and 4th gen?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    Finding out that Apple's new magic keyboard can't fold backwards to use in tablet mode is a massive dealbreaker for me. I like Logitech's solution with the combo touch for some of the older models of iPad, is it realistic for us to see this case or any other 3rd party cases for the newer iPad Pros anytime soon?

    submitted by /u/brandoncalo
    [link] [comments]

    How difficult to switch Magic Trackpad 2 from Mac to iPad?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    How long does it take to switch the trackpad's connection from Mac to iPad (or from iPad to Mac)? I will need it to switch back and forth often so I'm less interested in this solution if the pairing/unpairing is a pain.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Grad106
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes when drawing I’ll be experiencing pressure sensitivity issues in certain spots on my iPad Pro

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    Sometimes when drawing the sensitivity will, like, spike in certain spots and will draw lines super thick as if I'm putting a lot of pressure on it even when I'm not. Sometimes it'll be spotty on those lines too as if I quickly lifted the pen when drawing a line. Then when I try to draw in another area of the screen it'll be normal but when I go back to the same spot it'll have issues again. It's not consistent tho. Most of the time it'll read the pressure sensitivity correctly but this issue happens often enough that it's a problem. The Apple Pencil 2nd Generation and the iPad Pro 11 2020 are both hardly a month old and I don't know what's happening or how to fix it. I even tried removing my screen protector to see if that'll help but it didn't

    submitted by /u/CharlieHReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Best matte screen protector/ finger proof protector

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    So I have a iPad Pro 2018 12.99inch and I am kind of done constantly seeing finger smudges and grease, I know, its just me. Anyone can recommend the best and most reliable Matt screen protector I only really take simple notes and am not much of an artist and only use it for school. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SquadLoser
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Kindle App and using the Smart Keyboard Folio

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    When reading a book on an iPad with the keyboard folio connected, does it let you use the arrow keys to flip through pages? This is a great way to read books on the Mac and I'm wondering if that functionality carries through to the iPad.

    submitted by /u/qwed113
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel