• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 27, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 27]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 27]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [November 27]

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:07 PM PST

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Our first iPhone to our latest

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:47 PM PST

    Old analog clock app on iPhone 8, I’m not sure how it’s stayed but was transferred through my iCloud I guess, survives through updates and I can’t use it or open it. Weird

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:45 PM PST

    The three most annoying iOS features - or lack thereof - from a recent Android convert

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:26 AM PST

    edit: this intention of this post is not to say iOS is bad. I'm just bringing these issues to light and trying to start a discussion. Are they common complaints? Are there plans to fix these? Do you these these are non-issues? Let's discuss.

    Switched from Galaxy s8 to 11 pro on release day btw.

    1. Independent volumes for each type of notification and media
    • on android you can conveniently choose and modify the separate volumes for texts, other notifications, calls, and media. I'd us this a lot as I don't want my constant texts making noise but I DO need to hear a phone call come through. And when I watch a video at work or in class I don't want the volume to be loud right off the bat.
    • On iPhone you just set a volume for everything and that's it. I have to choose if I want to annoy everyone with constant pings from texts or not hear a phone call come though. I have to risk opening an auto-playing video with the volume way up in quiet settings. Not cool.
    • Just press the volume key on the android to choose the volume of what is currently relevant on the phone or simply expand the volume window that pops us to choose the volumes of the other categories. Fast, easy, intuitive.

    2 . Receiving phone calls

    • Why in the world does receiving a call make my phone unusable for the duration? If I don't want to answer, can't answer, or think it's a spam call I just can't use my phone until I've waited or acted on this stupid phone call.
    • Example: yesterday I was taking a video to do some documentation when I received a spam call. It stopped the video and I had to restart it. Then my coworker called me to see why it wasn't done yet. Stopped the video again.
    • On android the received phone call doesn't interrupt what you're doing. It just pops up in a little window and you can deal with it or dismiss it from there if you like.

    3 . Organizing apps on the home screens and lack of an app drawer

    • You cannot simply place apps where you want them on the screen. They all gravitate up to the top of the screen; the furthest away they can get from your fingers lol.
    • why can't I just put the apps I use a lot at the bottom of the screen so they're easy to tap with one hand? Why do I have to clutter my home screen with useless apps just to push the ones I want near the bottom to the bottom? This is such an arbitrary and stupid feature it annoys the crap out of me.
    • I've had this phone for two months and I still have to really look at the screen to find certain apps because there is so much clutter. Give us an app drawer or at least let us choose the placement of them on the screen. Ugh.

    Overall the iPhone is a great phone but they really don't seem as superior as people make them out to be. I was really hoping to be wowed by the synergies I heard of. Regardless, these three things annoy me every day and should be easy to fix. Are these common complaints or am I alone here?

    edit2: The battery life and imessage/facetime outweigh these cons though.

    Also a quick thank you to everyone who is taking the time to comment

    submitted by /u/sir_lurkzalot
    [link] [comments]

    RAM management issue still persists

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:33 AM PST

    Apple hasn't addressed the ram management issue entirely. They did a half assed job with the lastesr update. App store CONSTANTLY keeps refreshing, youtube keeps refreshing and every time camera app is opened, all the background app will close. I HOPE they get this fixed. This is getting increasingly frustrating. i think ios 14 will fix it all but hopefully it doesnt become a new trend

    submitted by /u/Tawkir_Rahaman101
    [link] [comments]

    Apple should offer trade in discount for AirPods

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:27 PM PST

    I've had the original AirPods since release and their battery life is suffering big time. I get right about an hour of playback before hearing the low battery noise. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed Apple doesn't offer a discounted price on a new pair. I'd gladly trade mine in towards a new pair if they had such a program.

    Edit: I'm not suggesting Apple reuse my old AirPods for anyone else. I'm suggesting they should offer a credit, maybe $20 or $30 at time of purchase for a new pair, and Apple can responsibly recycle my old pair. A way of combating the AirPods' inherent disposable nature due to small batteries.

    submitted by /u/thegarbagesauce
    [link] [comments]

    Smart Battery Case

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 02:06 AM PST

    What's the rough lifespan on the smart battery case (iPhone XR but should apply to others )? Bought a used one and wondering what the deterioration will be like if much ? Similar to the phone batter itself ?

    submitted by /u/cully4299
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone using power saver all the time

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:27 PM PST

    I am wondering if using power saver mode all the time is bad for the CPU? I have an iPhone 11 and using power saver mode helps me last through 2 days without any performance drop as even after power saver mode on, the Geekbench score is the same as an iPhone 7. So as there is 0 performance drop I decided to just have it on all the time... is there any disadvantages that I do not know of?

    submitted by /u/AB_Productions
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max Vs iPhone Pro Max Battery life

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:44 PM PST

    I currently have the iPhone XS Max and it's battery life isn't that great. I've heard the iPhone 11 Pro Max's battery life is great.

    What I would like to know is how much better is the battery life on the iPhone 11 Pro Max compared to the iPhone XS Max.

    submitted by /u/Homeguy123
    [link] [comments]

    XS MAX SUPERRR HOT

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:36 PM PST

    Hi all,

    Have an Xs Max, had it from April brand new. For the past month, I've noticed the following:

    - EXTREMELY HOT NO MATTER WHAT I'M DOING/EVEN when not using, I put it in airplane made to cool down

    - Battery life has become non existent. on 92% from the settings, but is deffo worse than my iPhone 7 with 85%.

    What are the options? I'm using the original charger.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BritishKurdish
    [link] [comments]

    Brug

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 01:58 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel