• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    iPad Just randomly discovered you can move multiple icons at the same time!

    iPad Just randomly discovered you can move multiple icons at the same time!


    Just randomly discovered you can move multiple icons at the same time!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    My minimalistic setup (iPad Pro 11")

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    I just love what I can do with my iPad. /s

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    Anyone encountered this issue before? The homepage sort of “leaves a mark” and it’s there visibly in the background whenever your screen is on. This is iPad Air 2 running iPad OS.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    The sketch I was working from last few hours #appleipad @ipad ipad is crushing in all the ways

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:36 AM PDT

    Anyone else take off their case when they’re at home

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I'm really paranoid about bending and break my 11inch iPad Pro so I have a case on it, but I take it off when I get home because I just love how thin and light it is. Anyone else do something similar?
    Edit: iPad Pro 11 inch since there was some confusion

    submitted by /u/DrNavi
    [link] [comments]

    Files app and documents and data, can I delete it to free up space, then reinstall?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:10 AM PDT

    Question for OneNote users, how do you rate the writing + drawing experience?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    There's so much I love about ON. Mostly that it's available on every platform I use, which makes it a great candidate for the one notes app to rule then all.

    But, but.. I've so far found the writing and drawing experience to be clunky when compared to something like Notability. In part this is understandable because that was Notability's killer feature. And I'm just not sure I can give it up to make the full move to ON.

    For those that have made the ON leap, how have you found it? Am I missing something, or is it just with a less good digital pen experience ON is still overall the best choice? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BlindingLT
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t get over how great iPadOS has made work/play travel with a single device

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:28 PM PDT

    I'll admit, my iPad has always been my favorite device to use but it's not always been the most useful. Going back to the iPad 2, I've always had an iPad and it's been my consumption device of choice.

    But bringing my iPad on a work trip always meant also bringing my work or personal laptop. Five pounds of electronics on my back were more reminiscent of my days lugging a ThinkPad than some super sleek devices. Even on personal trips, I would break down and take my laptop "just in case." It was simple: Accessing web apps like Google Docs, Wordpress, Basecamp, HubSpot, Workfront, and more were exercises in frustration as I bounced between poorly optimized apps and websites trying to get shit to work. One year, I decided to say screw it and went on vacation without a laptop. Only I had to try to do my company's open benefits enrollment, have the website fail on me and then had to call in to have my rep walk me through it.

    iPadOS with my iPad Pro 11 really changed that. I have been on approximately ten trips (nine of them business) with this as my only (non-smartphone) device, even through some of the later betas, and found it capable of handling anything I throw at it. The iPad has always been great at the mobility part of computing. I've opted for built-in cellular connectivity since the beginning simply because I burn through so much tethering data (I'm at 70gb of cellular usage this month, compared to under 10gb for my phone). Working in coach class of an airplane is nearly impossible with all but the smallest laptops but iPad makes it easy. Plus, being able to switch between that and watching downloaded movies and reading is really great. I'll always take my iPad with me on vacation so I can plug into HDMI at hotels or vacation rentals and watch movies or live events.

    iPadOS really helped beyond those inherent capabilities: 1. The ability to access the real websites of our business apps with finicky or limited mobile apps is a major lifesaver. Being able to update a CMS or Hubspot on the go was 90% of the reason I talked myself into bringing the big laptop. 2. The other lifesaver is being able to connect it to a larger workstation at my company's office locations. I use a 28 inch monitor, keyboard and mouse to help be a little more productive and make things a little easier on my eyes.

    Would I like more? Of course! I figured out how to program a five button mouse to be productive with the iPad but it would be great if it acted a bit more like a mouse. And of course, when I plug into a monitor, I wish it would expand the full width instead of being letterboxed. An iPad keyboard with a trackpad would be great too. I'm sure others would like some of the more full-featured apps available on MacOs or Windows.

    But, I wouldn't want to sacrifice the amazing touch-first experience for any of those. The biggest advantage that keeps my iPad coming out of my bag first as soon as I get anywhere is that it doesn't require a keyboard and a mouse to work flawlessly. I turned my dad onto an iPad after he got his first smartphone two years ago. My parents' home PC basically gets turned on to update Quickbooks and download security patches and antivirus software. Otherwise, they use their 128gb 6th gen iPad I got them for $350 for everything else now that they can access some of the websites they used to only be able to get to on desktop.

    I'm sure it will erode Mac sales but I hope we see more and more development on iPadOS as it gets separated from iOS. At the very least, I really appreciate all the strides that have been made over the past six months.

    submitted by /u/thelance
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 2019 10,2" vs iPad Mini 5 7,9"

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    I was going to buy an Android tablet which costs around 200€, but then I was told that the iPad in general is better for gaming because of its superior CPU and that's why im going to spend ~150€ more. So I looked around and found these 2 tablets which are pretty decent in terms of performance and price, but I'd like to know which one is better in your opinion.

    iPad 2019: worse CPU (A10) but it's 10.2" and it's cheaper (360€)

    iPad mini 5: better CPU (A12 Bionic) but it's only 7,9" and costs 60€ more than the iPad 2019 (420€)

    I'll mainly play CoD Mobile and PUBG and having a bigger screen is a huge advantage in these type of games, because you can use 6 fingers and have a better vision overall. But also a better CPU is nice to have, making the gameplay smoother, at the cost of a smaller screen and more money to spend.

    Which one should I buy?

    submitted by /u/Xx_Bot_Killer_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Is the iPad (non-pro) and apple pencil 1 still a good buy for casual use?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    Looking to get a gift for my gf for her bday. She has used our friends 6th gen iPad and apple pencil 1 with the procreate app and really enjoyed it. I'm wondering ifit's worth all the extra money to get a iPad that can handle the apple pencil 2 when all she will probably use the iPad for is drawing/painting (no 3D work) and watching movies on the plane.

    How is the apple pencil 1 compared to the 2? Is it lot more laggy and annoying to use? For casual use is it still worth it or should I look at alternatives like the surface pen and Microsoft surface?

    Suggestions welcome!

    submitted by /u/TrashQuestion
    [link] [comments]

    Concepts is such an underrated app because people don’t understand it’s main purpose

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    It's not a typical drawing app (Procreate, Clip Studio are way better for it). It's not a typical note taking app (Notability & GoodNotes are superior).

    It's a brain storming app! Try to use it for brain storming, and you will find it's the best one in the market!

    submitted by /u/imprecis2
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know if airpods pro can be paired with an iPad for functionality such as an iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    I'd like to pair them with my iPad and my android phone but I'm wondering if the NC controls would also work on iPadOS so they'd potentially work on my android phone assuming they're close by.

    submitted by /u/DeepFusion
    [link] [comments]

    How common is the bend? (Ipad Pro 2018)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    Thinking of buying an ipad Pro to use for surfing, design work and reading.

    How common is the bend?

    submitted by /u/1almond
    [link] [comments]

    Best iPadOS Game for a non gamer.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:12 PM PDT

    This may seem like an oxymoron, and maybe it is. I do not play games on my iPad ever, but their are times i would like too. So I am asking for a game that might be a good introduction into mobile gaming or possibly just a good time waster when needed without too much strategy. I thank you in advance for your time in responding.

    submitted by /u/parkertim
    [link] [comments]

    The All new Apple Airpods Pro / 3

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    Updated to 13.2, now Google Music starts a song randomly?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    Have 2018 9.7" iPad, just updated to 13.2. Use Google Music, but since update yesterday, twice a random song from my Library starts playing? Never happened before?

    Either bug or somebody else has control of my iPad. Anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/bramfoto
    [link] [comments]

    How to print from your iPhone or iPad

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    Any idea for what to use a "not in use" ipad for?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:25 AM PDT

    Recently found my old Ipad Air 2 hidden away and its in a good condition(except the batteries). If you have an old or barely used Ipad, what do you use it for?

    submitted by /u/skaret
    [link] [comments]

    Crayon and smart cover/keyboard

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    Hi, im wondering if you can stick logitech crayon to smart cover/keyboard. Same thing you had with apple pencil 1st gen.

    submitted by /u/jabi1122
    [link] [comments]

    Does duet display work better with newer ipads or is it generally unstable and pretty laggy?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:56 AM PDT

    I am using my 4th generation iPad and the duet app is pretty unstable and laggy. Can people that use an up to date iPad tell me if it is the same for them or not because i am considering getting a new iPad for this.

    submitted by /u/AidsUnicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Will the touch functionality be affected?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    I have an Ipad Air 3 and an Apple Pencil. I accidentally drop my Apple Pencil on top of my Ipad screen (no screen protector) from about a half foot height. There is absolutely no scratches (which anyone probably would expect I guess). However, I am worried, not that I know if there is any reason to be, about whether the touch functionality (and thus also the sensitivity detection when using the Apple Pencil) could have been affected?

    So the smart tablet people out there: Could it be that this functionality could have been affected negatively by such events? Is there some sort of protective layer between the display and the actual touch hardware on the Ipad Air 3?

    submitted by /u/nichlaspro
    [link] [comments]

    Help With Viewing Entire File System

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm fairly new to apple products, and for the most part I'm getting the hang of it. I'm having trouble figuring out how to view my files on my iPad. I get that there's a user folder, but it only shows what I've downloaded. I can't move them to a specific folder I need to in one of the apps. Is there a way to view the entire file system on an iPad like on Android?

    submitted by /u/bdacanay
    [link] [comments]

    iOS v12.4.3 is out for legacy iPads.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:34 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel