• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    Apple Macbook How much could (or should) I sell my 2009 13” MacBook Pro that has a bad keyboard?

    Apple Macbook How much could (or should) I sell my 2009 13” MacBook Pro that has a bad keyboard?


    How much could (or should) I sell my 2009 13” MacBook Pro that has a bad keyboard?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    Context: I was given the device after it sat for years. TL;DR the keyboard is defective. Some keys do nothing while others make gibberish. Everything else on the computer is fine. To fix it would be north of 250 dollars so its not worth it.

    I was thinking of selling it for 40-50 bucks, as I just want to recoup the costs of the ssd and ram I bought for it (38 dollars total). What would be a fair price for the condition it is in? And should I do an auction or buy it now? Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Squiliam-Tortaleni
    [link] [comments]

    The latest OS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:36 PM PDT

    Any problems with the OS 10.14.6 so far?

    submitted by /u/Emma005
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air right side shift key is not working

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    Hey everyone my MacBook Air right side shift is sticky I took it out and found that plastic underneath the key has gone bad Can someone help me from where I can buy just a single shift key in Germany or Europe Is it MacBook Air 2015 Thanks

    submitted by /u/8kuhd
    [link] [comments]

    Waterproof case for macbook pro touchbar A1706?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    I see several options on Amazon for "water repellent " covers instead of water proof, which just seems to mean that the protective lining doesn't go all the way to the edge and so water can enter through the zipper or seams. Are there any truly waterproof macbook pro covers that are slim and lightweight?

    submitted by /u/highlighterblu
    [link] [comments]

    Will replacing a swollen battery increase preformance?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    tl:dr: Will replacing battery fix performance and speed issues? Should I just scrap the whole thing and buy a new one?

    Apologies in advance for the massive amount of words that you will hopefully read!

    I have a Mid-2015 MacBook Pro 15 inch. I actively use this laptop as my primary computer for both work (I work from home for a very small software company), and for personal use. Needless to say, it is running 24-7 usually only rebooting if things get sluggish, or doing updates. I do keep it plugged in about 90% of the time, so my battery cycle count is rather low, around 480. It does tell me I need to service my battery

    I keep it on a cooling pad with 2 fans in the pad to keep air circulating under it at all time after I noticed a period of time where it would get so hot by the hinge fans it would almost burn my fingers (this was about 2 years ago). I use an external mouse and keyboard so I'm not normally touching the actual laptop itself, basically using it as a desktop with a built-in monitor.

    Back in Feb, I had a work conference which required me using the laptop and I noticed that the trackpad wasn't working quite right, it would move the cursor, but wouldn't allow for clicking. Honestly not that big of a deal for me since I brought my mouse.

    Moving forward, last week, we had another conference to attend, and this time upon closing the laptop to put in my bag, I noticed that the lid wouldn't close all of the way, and honestly thought maybe something got stuck up in the hinge causing it to not close all of the way. While at the conference my husband glanced at it in just the right angle and could see a noticeable bump, which we looked up and yippee swollen battery. It was bad enough the owner of my company was like umm, maybe we should get that looked up so it doesn't blow up on you or anything.

    Work is going to cover battery repair for me when I take it into the Apple Store, so I spent the weekend working on backing everything up, about 300 gigs worth of screenshots and documents, fun times. I noticed it was considerably slower than it was previously. I figured that it was due to my backing up in the cloud vs an actual physical hard drive. However, today was almost unbearable with the lack of speed. Just to give you an idea, it is nothing out of the ordinary for me to have 30+ tabs open in Chrome, Netflix or Hulu streaming on another screen, slack, email clients, Excel, video editing software, and Zoom going. I'm sort of a resource hog, I know. Today, if I opened more than 2 tabs, things would grind to a halt, can't stream anything, and then the worse part, I have to use Zoom with screen sharing and sometimes video for my job. I was doing a screen sharing session, and had two other ladies on the call with me, who insisted on them doing video as well. I wasn't able to share my screen at all, as the load time was well over 2 minutes to load a single webpage. They were able to share their screen, but my audio was cutting out so I had to call in on my phone. Anyway, we struggle through the session, and as soon as I ended the meeting my MacBook crashed. I let it boot on its own, and then did a manual shutdown, let it sit for a while, and then turned it back on. I'm able to do a little more than I was today, but I'm trying to not push it.

    Anyway, getting a new MacBook is something we can do, but honestly I'm cheap and would like to go the most effective route. If replacing the battery won't help with performance, then I'll get a new one, but I don't want to walk into the Apple store with that on my mind because they will just say oh let's get you in a newer model, screw the old one. Does anyone have experience in this area?

    submitted by /u/peejeeratties
    [link] [comments]

    Can you upgrade a 2019 MacBook Pro’s internal hard drive to 2 terabytes?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    Program to not lock the sym.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    Hello, my brother has his Mac from his office. He is looking for some program to run wherein his laptop is unlocked and shows as he is available for others on Skype and slack.

    He can't install any software, as it's restricted. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/chjassu
    [link] [comments]

    used older macbook pro

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    I would really love an opinion on this item. I don't know much about technology, the correct terms etc. I've been doing some reading about battery cycles, etc. How really any model of the macbook prior to 2011 can't run on the 2019 standards. I've still got A LOT to learn

    I could use a macbook for school (writing papers, big textbook pdf files), and editing/ saving/ exporting my photos and videos (side gig).

    The link:

    item on hold for me, contacted seller, need to say yes/no by tonight!

    submitted by /u/mellerrzz
    [link] [comments]

    Is the official leather sleeve for MacBook Air/Pro worth the $200?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    I see a lot of different opinions on the sleeve. Some people say it's premium and some say it's cheap vinyl. Can anyone confirm whether they kept or returned the sleeve?

    submitted by /u/destithrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Help with deciding which model to get

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm planning to get my first mac device ever. I'm a first year CS student planning to get the 13inch base model. Should I buy the 256GB ssd and 8GB ram model or should I save up more and invest in the 256gb 16gb model? Will it make a noticeable difference since I'll be mostly programming and using softwares like CAD.

    submitted by /u/taanishqq
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro with bad battery life? There may really be a problem with your battery

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    So my MacBook Pro (13" with TouchBar) has had battery problems since the day I got it. I would get a maximum of 5ish hours battery use, even from light use.

    My normal day to day apps I have open are Thunderbird, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Terminal, Atom. This will pretty consistently give me about 5 hours power.

    I've been on Apple Support chat multiple times about this, and been into the Apple store twice where they did a hardware check and said everything is normal.

    Well...

    My keyboard stopped working so I got the keyboard and battery replaced. Guess what? I'm now getting 7.5 hours battery life.

    So all the hardware checks said my battery is fine, but replacing it added about 50% more battery life.

    Just a FYI.

    EDIT: As a side rant, this laptop has given me so many problems (already had to have the screen replaced) yet my 6 year old MacBook Air is working perfectly and has always worked perfectly...

    submitted by /u/TuckerMcInnes
    [link] [comments]

    12' MacBook worth it in 2019?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    In need of a new laptop and thinking of buying a 2015 or 2016 MacBook, would u recommend it? Thank u

    submitted by /u/ninel44
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Armrest Ergonomic case

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:45 AM PDT

    Out of frustration and lack of better descriptions, I'm reaching out to you in search of a case. Not just any case. I'm getting really tired of my wrists getting sore from resting on the sharp edge of the bottom of the keyboard/touchpad part of it.

    Do you know of any ergonomic hand rest cases that don't choke my fans and cause overheat?

    submitted by /u/SmackHP
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 13,3" 2011 turns off a few seconds after disconnecting it from the power supply

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    I have ran the hardware test and everything was ok. I have ran the smc and pram reset but every now and then it turns off. Sometimes it turns off even if it just gets hit lightly. I don't know what to do. Do I need to format it?

    submitted by /u/harshyx
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy the 2018 MacBook Pro, but many people say that overheating is an issue. Will it still heat up if I use for example office programs only?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    I think I'm getting a Macbook pro. Need a sanity check.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:31 AM PDT

    I think I'm getting a Macbook pro. Need a sanity check.

    Surface pro fangirl in college for graphic design and entertainment engineering. I Love the surface line. It has so much potential, but Satya Nadella hasn't fixed Microsofts chronic inability to rise to it's potential. Two generations later I am still hoping to see basic features like TB3 or an OS that works as a tablet os, or you know.. apps made by reputable folks for doing cool shit. My SP4 has 120GB ssd, 4GB ram so it can't handle adobe CC or even a web browser. Time for a change.

    I fell in love with the Macbook pro when I used the touchbar of all things. I do wish it had a touchscreen though, and that's a pretty big oversight for such a good laptop. But after making a pro/con list, it seems like i like more about the Macbook than the surface line. So I want to know from Macbook users if I'm making this choice based on incomplete info.

    https://i.redd.it/bee9zukdhse31.png

    submitted by /u/boricuaPrincessAmber
    [link] [comments]

    An issue with air, need help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:06 AM PDT

    Hi, everyone,

    I press the turn-on button, the screen flashes for a second, I get the startup sound, but the screen goes blank immediately, though if I look very closely I can see the field to be filled out to log in. Anyway, after approximately 14 seconds the screen goes entirely blank and ultimately my macbook air turns off.

    SMC reset did not help.

    Maybe there's still something I can do before service.

    Ignas

    submitted by /u/IAUAUA
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel