• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 3, 2019

    macOS Best Remote Desktop app for connecting MacBook from iPad Pro?

    macOS Best Remote Desktop app for connecting MacBook from iPad Pro?


    Best Remote Desktop app for connecting MacBook from iPad Pro?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    I'm now starting to use my iPad as a main device, with hardly any reason to head to my Mac. I'm thinking about setting it up in my desk and just using my iPad Pro 12.9 to remote from it, but haven't found a great tool yet,

    Does anyone else have a similar set up, or have experience with Remote Desktop from iPad to Mac?

    submitted by /u/sambobmac
    [link] [comments]

    Got error message "GarageBand 5 is not optimized for Mojave" but I've delete the app years ago.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:26 PM PDT

    Just get this pop up warning message 5 minutes ago on my 6 year old MacBook running 10.14.5.

    Problem is: I've deleted GarageBand.app using AppCleaner years ago, and I've manually deleted anything I can find in ~/Application Support, ~/Receipts, ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ and ~/Preference. I've also checked Console.app and search for "GarageBand" and nothing is found.

    Is there some files that I've missed ?

    submitted by /u/ulyssesric
    [link] [comments]

    XAMPP oci8 on macOS Mojave

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    Hello. I am trying to move from coding in Windows to macOS. Everything was fine until that point where I need install xampp for coding some web app in php. That app uses oracle database and to connect to it, for that I need oracle instant client. Entire day I am trying to figure out how to do it.. Nothing works... PLEASE HELP. I will kill myself I think, because I cannot take this anymore

    submitted by /u/xfusion97
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine not working

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    Plugged in my hard drive, hit back up now, the light on the hard drive flashes but nothing, says last back up was June 23rd. Ran disk utility and unmounted and mounted the hard drive, nothing. Ran first aid and everything came back fine, but still unable to back up.

    submitted by /u/joe_schmo54
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to fresh install MBP 2019 Mojave

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:32 AM PDT

    So started using my new MBP today and used migration, like an idiot! I wanted to start fresh, App clutter free from un-deleted links ect. So after a while onto tech support the told me to create a new user and set my timemachine transferring files back. FFWD 3 hrs and all the app are still there. I've managed to make a USB install disk but it won't let me install from it. In a nutshell I want the Mac back to factory fresh. just like I first opened the lid. Do I have to delete the old drive? It just keeps telling me that this MacBook is secure from this method of install. Any help VERY welcome.

    submitted by /u/Wakatuki
    [link] [comments]

    I didn’t backup before upgrading to Catalina. Am I screwed?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    Some of our worktools are not yet functional with Catalina. I went down to Mojave again but couldn't transfer my files back because they were locked in newer OS. Now I'm back to Catalina with my data intact but can't figure out a way to get my configuration back to Mojave with all the data. Migration assistant doesn't go back to older OS and neither does time machine. I restored the entire HD in disk utility but couldn't access them in Mojave despite seemingly having read & write access.

    Any input here? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/grossbard
    [link] [comments]

    Airdrop and Handoff

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    I got a new MacBook Mid 2012 how do I get it working

    submitted by /u/BJskywalker
    [link] [comments]

    Any 4th of July software sales going on?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    The 4th of July is coming up, and that means 4th of July sales! Any good Mac OS software sales you know of coming up?

    submitted by /u/paleogizmo
    [link] [comments]

    Never upgraded the OS on my Macbook before. Do I have to back anything up?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    I have a 2015 macbook pro 13". I want to upgrade to Mojave. Should I backup any of my data?

    Also, is there anyway to upgrade overnight while the macbook is closed?

    submitted by /u/ExistingNail
    [link] [comments]

    Safari multiples windows bug

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:07 AM PDT

    I restored Safari tabs once (Mojave,MBA) and noticed that I had additional 10 windows restored with empty new tab page. I was trying to recreate issue for weeks but couldn't. Recently I've noticed that if I drag tab in another window issue occurs and only then, If I choose option merge all windows it won't happen, only with dragging a tab. Issue persist through new installation of MacOS. Can anyone confirm this?

    Another question is about https://safari-extensions.apple.com website. Does that extensions still works? I know that it should bi installed from MAS but I accidentally installed Grammarly throughout said website. Didn't know that was possible...

    edit. typo

    submitted by /u/jandorn
    [link] [comments]

    Changing the iTunes podcast default from delete after playing

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:18 AM PDT

    Every time -- or nearly every time -- one updates iTunes the delete after listening option is re-enabled. Thank you iTunes but I will be the one deciding what to keep and delete since that time a podcast that is no longer available got nuked by you.

    Dumb question - what setting can be enabled so that delete after playing is disabled by default?

    Please and thanks.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Gaslight
    [link] [comments]

    No INSTALL NOW button in safari's extensions gallery

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:48 AM PDT

    Always see Current Song (CMD+L) in iTunes/Music?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    Is there any way to do this, even with a script or something else? I've always found it incredibly annoying to have to hit command+L every time i look at itunes/music to see what album is now playing

    Miniplayer of course always shows the current track, but if I'm shuffling my library it never keeps up

    submitted by /u/Mister_Rahool
    [link] [comments]

    Can't disable sound from external monitors

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:09 AM PDT

    When I have external monitors connected, they play sounds even though I choose my macbook pro as output. If I have headphones connected to the macbook, then sounds comes out of the headphones as expected. Same with bluetooth headphones.

    Any idea what this could be? It's really annoying in the office, and coming from such an expensive device

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/leo__bulero
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel