• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 29, 2019

    iPad Got My Mom an iPad

    iPad Got My Mom an iPad


    Got My Mom an iPad

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:38 AM PST

    iRoller = no more grittiness when writing with the Apple Pencil!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 08:54 AM PST

    Best game controller

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 06:00 AM PST

    What is the best game controller for the iPad? The SteelSeries Nimbus seems to be the go to controller, but I'd like something smaller like the 8bitdo controllers. Too bad they don't work on iOS. Are there any like it that work?

    submitted by /u/GAGARIN0461
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else get a wobbly effect when using the Apple Pencil? Sometimes it even spazzes out drawing random lines.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:25 PM PST

    Truly amazed!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 07:04 AM PST

    Owning an iPhone XS Max and just upgrading from a 2016 iPad Pro 9.7 inch to an iPad 2018 11 inch, the ProMotion display is truly amazing. Going back and using my iPhone XS Max (despite its beautiful OLED panel) that's not ProMotion almost makes the iPhone feel slow in comparison. Absolutely amazing!

    submitted by /u/OnGod55
    [link] [comments]

    What's your workflow for copying picture from MacBook to iPad when Universal Clipboard stop working?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:14 PM PST

    I fucking love Universal Clipboard when it works. I fucking hate it when it bugs. This week it seems like it stopped working and I tried everything. Many people on the internet seems to have the same problem, I know I'm not the only one. It just doesn't work sometimes.
    So when that happens, what do you guys do? I don't like using airdrop as the pictures I send usually only needs to be sent to some documents in different apps. It's also a very slow painful process where you have to always access the photos apps, then copy, then delete, then delete permanently...
    Is there a workflow for solving this problem?

    Also, completely out of the topic but why is sharing pictures of iPads a thing in this subreddit? If I filter the subreddit by top submissions, the majority of posts are "I (finally) bought an iPad for (me) (mom)...". We all have the same device. It's not anything special and no one really cares. Why is this so popular?

    submitted by /u/Grid3333
    [link] [comments]

    Are both skews of iPad on a yearly update cycle now?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 11:20 AM PST

    The 2018 iPad Pro was clearly a huge leap forward, will apple be doing a sec bump later this year?

    In the golden age of the MacBookPro Apple did processor spec bumps once a year right?

    submitted by /u/Portatort
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad Pro 11inch worth it for student?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:45 AM PST

    I'm currently debating if it's worth it for me to purchase the new iPad pro 2018 for use as a college student.

    To start out I want to say that price is a minor importance to me since I got a hefty refund check from my school to use for school supplies.

    I am currently working on a Computer Science major. I have a laptop that I use for any coding or typing work that I have to do. I am not trying to replace this.

    Many of my classes either require or strongly recommend hand written notes so I was planning on using the iPad to create neat, hand written, but electronic notes using the apple pencil. I also plan on using procreate during my free time to draw and doodle.

    I am certain that I can get a decent deal on the iPad from an on campus store.

    That being said, is something like the iPad Pro worth it at 799 (my campus store has it listed at 749, but are also offering commuters a $50 gift card. So ~700 + tax and the pencil.

    This is going to be my first apple product since I got the iPad 2 back on my 10th birthday in 2010.

    Sorry if this is against the rules or seems rambly.

    submitted by /u/KevinD2000
    [link] [comments]

    USB c headphones for iPad Pro

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 10:04 AM PST

    Hello there

    Recently got my new iPad Pro 2018 (11in), as a mobile gamer, Bluetooth headsets are not an option as Bluetooth don't support both Mic and stereo sound at the same time. I have been shopping usb c earbuds/ headphones or usb c to 3.5mm connectors, but it's so frustrating that NONE OF THEM WORK! My iPad continues to play sound through speaker even when I have my earbuds plugged in.

    Any suggestions? Any helps? I'm just so frustrated right now because I cannot use Mic for over 2 months already. Still don't get why would apple even switch to USB C instead of using lightning, and not releasing accessories for USB C

    submitted by /u/CRwithzws
    [link] [comments]

    When is Google going to take YouTube on the iPad Pro seriously?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 05:15 PM PST

    The iPad Pro 2018 is capable of 4K HDR video, and yet the app in iOS has not been updated yet. And most egregious of all, the freaking home bar covers half of the UI icons on the bottom of the screen!

    I know Google and Apple aren't really friends but if they're going to offer an app on their App Store in the first place, it should be the best Google has to offer.

    submitted by /u/nexusleone
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to learn how to draw with the help of an iPad?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:03 PM PST

    I recently bought one of the new iPads with pencil support. So far I'm really liking it, it's been very helpful, but one thing I'd love to do is to make cool drawings like the ones you might see in some posts.

    Thing is, I suck at drawing even in paper, so was wondering if you know some tutorials,online courses or whatever that could help me become good at it.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/toni__macaroni
    [link] [comments]

    Floating video call

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:26 PM PST

    Is there any other app than FaceTime that does floating video call window on iPad ?

    submitted by /u/al5adish
    [link] [comments]

    Personal speculation - I don’t think we’ll see new iPad Pro’s (2019) this year - software to take advantage of the current hardware is way more important

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 09:01 PM PST

    HARDWARE >

    The new 2018 iPad Pro's are great on the hardware side of things. Yeah the bending thing is annoying but personally I haven't experienced it and potentially it's something that could be tweaked factory side to reduce the issue of bent iPads straight out of the box rather than requiring a whole redesign / new model.

    Looking back at the release cycle of the iPad Pro's I think maybe they'll be on a 2 year cycle going forward.

    2015 - 12.9" (original)

    2016 - 9.7"

    2017 - 10.5" & 12.9" (2nd gen)

    2018 - 11" & 12.9" (3rd gen)

    The original 12.9" was released in 2015, the second gen 12.9" was released in 2017 - that's two years of the same design. The 9.7" (released in 2016) and the 10.5" (2017) were both completely new models.

    The original 12.9" and 9.7" weren't on par with one another. One had 4gb of ram while the other had 2gb, one didn't have True Tone while the other did.

    The 2017 Pro's were identical in terms of specs and pretty close in design minus the pretty noticeable differences in bezel size.

    The 2018 Pro's have identical specs and design. The bezels, camera bump and the overall thickness of both devices are exactly the same. It's a really slick design, super powerful and I think now they've got both devices on par with each other we could see them sticking around longer and having the next iteration release in 2020.

    SOFTWARE >

    What I think is way more important than new hardware is software that can take advantage of the current hardware. The new iPad Pro's are so powerful but iOS can be frustrating at times.

    USB-C is great but currently it's gimped. I wanna be able to plug in a usb stick or hard drive and access it from the Files app just like Finder on Mac. Being able to edit photos / videos directly from an external drive would be so useful for a lot of people.

    The iOS home screen sorely needs an update, it's been the same since 2007 and looks a bit daft and barren on the huge 12.9" display.

    The scaling of folders in the Files app should also be tweaked for the 12.9", I've used the new 11" and 12.9" side by side and get 4 folders horizontally on both, make use of the bigger display and scale the folders so they match the folder size on the 11" then I'd be able to view 5 across. It's annoying as the Recents tab is scaled nicely but the rest of the Files app is blown up. Make use of the bigger screen area don't just blow things up.

    Being able to have the same app open side by side (like safari) would be useful for documents.

    Hopefully some of these will be rectified with iOS 13 if rumours are true. The iPad is an amazing device and no other tablet comes close but there's definitely weak spots when it comes to the software.

    What does everyone else want in terms of hardware and software improvements?

    submitted by /u/SpaceKonk
    [link] [comments]

    Which note taking or reading app has the ability to take notes, read out loud text notes, pdf, saved webpages altogether ?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 12:40 AM PST

    I haven't bought an ipad.. i have windows tablet and android tablet. I want to read an extensive range of pdfs and websites, e.g. wikipedia etc. I want to have the ability to manage the information.

    My current pain with windows and android apps:

    pdf readers: ■Ezpdf (android) now not very stable, crushes very often. ■Xodo (android windows), mine ,not reading out louf

    Note taking apps: ■Onenote sucks.. •In the android version, when you save a webpage from a browser like chrome with text and photos, it takes FOREVER. •There is no read out loud option in the android version . In the windows version, you have to use a 'concentrated' reading option for that, but only very few sentences are shown on one screen.... also not possible to take notes at the same time

    ■Evernote • It doesn't have a good handwriting experience.

    ■Edge •The crazy Edge on windows doesnt have many formatting options when reading pdf, no dark background, etc. Same with webpage. •When read out loud , it greys out the webpage except the sentence being read... this is very bad. Microsoft designers thought we have to look at the very sentence when we listen to it. I would like to listen and take notes on the page.
    Also, when you use Edge to take notes on a webpage, the webpage is saved as a picture... thats just not good...

    So, I want to switch to ipad.I heard about notability and goodnotes. Are they going to solve the problems?

    submitted by /u/honantong
    [link] [comments]

    Annotating App Recommendation for Grad Student

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 06:32 PM PST

    Dear iPad Pro fans,

    I'm a doctoral student in his 40's. As I grew older, my vision has worsened, and reading printed articles really wears out my eyes. I'm looking to go paper-free when it comes to the articles, and here's where the iPad Pro comes in.

    Do you guys know if an app exists that allows you to annotate but also lets you export/extract the annotated parts of a pdf document to Word or Google Docs? Also, is there an annotable app that works with Endnote on iOS?

    Many thanks in advance!

    Nick

    submitted by /u/srcultureshock
    [link] [comments]

    The iPad Pro (2018) is an overpriced piece of crap, and I’m a fanboy.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 04:13 AM PST

    • Bought a 12.9" 256GB (like $1500+ in Canada)
    • Was slightly bent
    • Backlight was darker along the entire left edge
    • Screen sensitivity was hampered by a thin glass screen protector
    • Battery was garbage, would drain 15-20% overnight unless you bought a magnetic cover, otherwise touchscreen is always active on new models. My 2017 12.9" pro would last weeks in standby, WEEKS! I was charging this one daily.
    • Sold it for a loss

    • Bought an 11" 256GB

    • Not bent much (yay?)

    • Backlight not as bad but still has a dark corner

    • Bought a folio so battery is better (ugh)

    BUT

    Here's the thing. I've tried 3 different screen protectors, two glass and one matte plastic anti glare. They both have touch issues almost 100% of the time. It's a grounding issue. If I touch just the screen, no scroll. If I touch the metal edge of the enclosure or if I plug it into power, it scrolls just fine. That's terrible design. Did you not think I was going to protect the giant glass surface that makes up 99% of the devices functionality?

    The $250 iPad doesn't do this, no previous iPad has had this issue, certainly not one that can cost upwards of $2000.

    I've resorted to using a Bluetooth keyboard to scroll and navigate iOS when possible, it's that bad, shoulda just bought a MacBook with janky keys /s

    I own a 27" 5K iMac, a 21.5" iMac, an iPhone X, AirPods, 2 homepods, Apple Watch, and a 2015 MBP. Have owned almost every iPad since the original. Never been more disappointed in an Apple product, especially one that has so much potential, speed, and beautiful design. Huge miss by Apple. Not allowing a real file system (especially with USB C available now) is ridiculous.

    /end rant

    This 40 page macrumors thread about screen protectors.

    submitted by /u/GlassworksCreative
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel