• Breaking News

    Friday, October 26, 2018

    macOS What is with the misalignments! This is so distracting.

    macOS What is with the misalignments! This is so distracting.


    What is with the misalignments! This is so distracting.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    TimeMachine issues on Mojave & general backup advice needed

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 11:49 PM PDT

    Is anyone having issues with TimeMachine on MacOS Mojave? Mine finds my disk, starts the backup and then a few GBs into the backup I get an error message that the backup failed.

    My destination is a Debian based (OpenMediaVault) NAS that has a Netatalk plugin installed for TimeMachine support. I have no connectivity issues with this NAS and I can use rsync to backup without any issues.

    I heard that since Sierra Apple did away with AFP, but I don't know how to set up Time Machine without the Netatalk thing that uses AFP. Is it now possible to natively use TimeMachine with SMB or am I better off just using rsync? (I use BackupList+ since I don't trust myself with the command lines yet)

    Lastly, is there a better backup alternative that I am unaware of that won't cost me a bunch money? (I'm not in the USA so exchange rates)

    submitted by /u/D_Spamers
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave on MacBook Air 2015

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:40 AM PDT

    Anyone with MacBook Air 2015 that has updated to Mojave? If so, how's the experience like? Was it fuss-free and any battery/lag/performance issues faced?

    submitted by /u/goldensashimi
    [link] [comments]

    Help! No disk options when installing MacOs Mojave

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:20 PM PDT

    Any way to keep the screenshot thumbnail on screen until it's dismissed?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:18 PM PDT

    I love the feature, but wish I could keep it there for longer while I find the application, document, or directory I'm trying to insert the image into. Is there any way to change the length of time it remains on screen?

    submitted by /u/skillfulcoding
    [link] [comments]

    2011 MacBook Pro won’t turn on

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:09 PM PDT

    So this morning my Mac came on no problem. I had to open it for security where I work. I shut the lid and it won't turn on at home. I figured it was dead but it won't even power on with the power cable plugged in. I'm thinking it might be a battery issue because the computer is hot despite not being on. I recently replaced it wth an ifixit battery because Apple doesn't even sell theirs anymore. My original had begun to expand maybe only 4 months ago.

    Anyone have any similar experience? Advice?

    submitted by /u/Terrapin11
    [link] [comments]

    After Mojave, Computer Won't Recognize Camera USB

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:35 AM PDT

    I update to Mojave, and now my Mac won't recognize my Nikon via USB. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/gfdf
    [link] [comments]

    Booting Windows SSD via Parallels/ VMware

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:13 AM PDT

    Hello dear reddit community!

    I have a SSD from a windows laptop Win 7.

    Is there any possibility that I can remove the SSD (I have all the necessary tool/cables for that) from the windows laptop and boot this SSD via Parallels or VMware? Or is there any other way I can boot the windows SSD via my MacBook?

    Would be cool if somebody would knew a way to boot this windows SSD.

    regards

    submitted by /u/flutschhiadl
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for a folder to be arranged in a different way than the folder it was found in?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:21 PM PDT

    (Not sure if this was the right place to ask, sorry in advance) 2015 MacBook Pro, High Sierra

    I have a folder for photos that is arranged by the Date Created, which is just the way I want it to be. I want to have another folder for a specific set of pictures that is arranged by Name. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/rjtiger126
    [link] [comments]

    Adding application to "Full Disk Access" in Mojave with terminal

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:42 PM PDT

    Hey! I was wondering if anyone has found a way to add an application to the "Full Disk Access" using the terminal. I can't seem to find anything out there on this. I have seen people who have done something along these lines with SSH but not adding an actual application. I appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/rockfordrt
    [link] [comments]

    How to install latest macos on my MacBook air

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    Got a MacBook air and it's running Lion I want to update to the latest software available, how do I do that. Mojave doesn't work

    submitted by /u/drkamikaze1
    [link] [comments]

    How to upgrade external drive that's being backed up by Time Machine?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    Two external HDDs are connected to a Mac running Mojave.

    One is used as a source disk (4TB) and the other one is used as a destination disk (8TB) for backups (Time Machine disk).

    I want to replace the source disk (4TB) with a 8TB drive without having to re-copy all the data to the Time Machine destination disk.

    Hints?

    submitted by /u/necroturd
    [link] [comments]

    Populate Keynote slides with data from Numbers spreadsheet

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:51 PM PDT

    Hi

    I'm a busy teacher - I use Numbers to create lesson plans becuase I can use formulas to calculate the timings for different stages of the lessons. I want to find a way to export the cells that say the lesson stages, into Keynote, so each cell saying a stage has it's own slide in Kenote.

    This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSxcI3xwVK4&t=61s) explains how to do this using java script - I haven't tried this and am wondering if there's an easier way to achieve the same thing. I'm only trying to create about 10-20 slides with the data.

    Is there a feature built into either Pages or Numbers that can do this, without having to fiddle about with a script editor?

    submitted by /u/BumFluff-42
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get back the old gallery view in Finder?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 11:33 AM PDT

    This is what the old gallery view looked like, pre-Mojave. This is what it looks like now.

    I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates this new view. I want to get the list mode back and I liked how you could see the preview for the prior and next photos.

    Is there a command I can plugin or something I can install to get the old view back?

    submitted by /u/PuppyApocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    Is the only way to get iTunes 12 back is to reinstall completely?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:33 AM PDT

    So my iTunes wouldn't open, it never has. I always got "iTunes could not open because of a problem." So I removed iTunes with app cleaner and went to reinstall it but the separate download doesn't exist anymore. Is reinstalling MacOS Mojave really the only way to get iTunes back?

    submitted by /u/adamcym
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with mojave - help..!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    Hi

    I just opdated to mojave and now every letter is just a question mark. Every name of folders on my desktop is just question mark. When I click on the apple logo in the top left corner the drop down meny also just shows a lot of question marks.

    What can I do to solve the problem? I really hope some of you guys can help me out

    submitted by /u/flankdank
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help with downgrade Mojave to High sierra

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:59 AM PDT

    Please Help with downgrade Mojave to High sierra

    I did remove a disk that installed Mojave by restart computer with holding cmd+r and go to option to ease disk then restart then I holding option key to select bot option

    take a look at a step. Last step end with mac can't boot with an external drive

    https://i.redd.it/ejrwjf3redu11.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/tod91rntedu11.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/2ln2u9vvedu11.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/t1tbdlmxedu11.jpg

    Help me please.

    submitted by /u/psuputsopon
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Genius bar does it again quotes over 1k for a simple repair

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 02:26 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RXJP4mxCc

    Also that incompetent Apple employee diagnose the problem wrong. Where does apple hire these incompetent people or is that Apple motto charge customer arm and leg for 50 quid repair?

    submitted by /u/MrMforM
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad cursor freezing issue

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:26 AM PDT

    The trackpad indicator freezes occasionally. Is this a general problem?

    MB Pro 13" late 2016 16 GB 256 GB

    submitted by /u/GreedyAmbassador
    [link] [comments]

    How is the performance on Mac OS 10.14 with the 2016 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 05:22 AM PDT

    Should I upgrade my 2016 MacBook Pro Base config to Mac OS 10.14? Will I see an improvement in performance? After all the issues with High Sierra last year I'm not so sure.

    submitted by /u/R555g21
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how switching between apps in multiple desktops works?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:35 AM PDT

    MacOS Sierra

    So I have multiple desktops for each subject of my work. Each desktop has a Chrome window, and one instance (tab) of every tool needed. What happens sometimes is when I hit Cmd+Tab to switch to the Chrome window of the same desktop, it jumps to the Chrome window of the desktop to the left. It (Chrome from left desktop) recently got an activity from a whatsapp tab "multiple tabs detected. click here to use this tab" kind of thing. Clicked it.

    I tried switching between all the windows to fix this.

    So it's not ok up to this moment. If anyone understands the window switch thing in Sierra please let me know :0

    Edit: tried switching desktops positions. hits the last desktop clicked, anywhere it is.

    *found this for MacOS Leopard: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4995042

    "You must enter these Terminal commands:

    defaults write com.apple.dock workspaces-auto-swoosh -bool NO

    then restarting the Dock using the following command:

    killall Dock

    It says this is the solution for Leopard, but worked for me on 10.8.3"

    *found this article for MacOS 10.10: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/automatic-switching-between-deskops-workspace-auto-swoosh.1839850/

    did not use the terminal comand. instead rightclicked on chrome icon in doc and selected assign to this tab. seems to work for now

    *issue reappeared. then I started left-clicking on the google chrome icon in the dock and it went haywire, switching between all the desktops.

    right clicked on chrome icon in dock and assigned to All desktops. seems to work for now.

    • realised all 3 Chrome windows are present in every desktop. pretty cool

    *used the terminal command. seems to be the best solution for now

    submitted by /u/aoleutheoriginal
    [link] [comments]

    What's your preferred setting for "right-clicking" on a Mac track pad?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 03:51 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel