• Breaking News

    Friday, October 26, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [October 25]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [October 25]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [October 25]

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:12 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hey! I'm Joe, an editor at MacRumors. I have an iPhone XR early from Apple. AMA!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:38 AM PDT

    Hey r/apple! My name is Joe Rossignol. I'm an editor at MacRumors.com. Apple was kind enough to provide us with an iPhone XR review unit ahead of its launch on Friday. I've spent some time with the device and I'm here to answer as many questions as I can! AMA!

    I will begin answering questions shortly after 11 a.m. Eastern Time.

    This is me / verification: https://twitter.com/rsgnl/status/1055468446064893953

    submitted by /u/rsgnl
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch and fall detection credited with saving man in Sweden with acute back pain

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 02:26 PM PDT

    Apple seems to have completely blocked police password cracking tool in iOS 12

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:45 AM PDT

    Pokemon Go will soon use Apple Health and Google Fit data to hatch eggs and earn candy

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:51 AM PDT

    Shazam Informing Users About Apple Acquisition, Account Data Now Aligned With Apple’s Privacy Policy

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    Notes may be the most underappreciated native Apple app

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:30 AM PDT

    I've tried many different note-taking apps over the years - everything from Evernote to Bear.

    Apple Notes has long been an acceptable free option but a bit lacking in features compared to other note-taking apps.

    But over the years Apple Notes has seen incremental improvements that, in my opinion, has made it the best note-taking app available for basic note-taking purposes.

    Here's what I appreciate about the app:

    • Simple, clean interface. All features are easily accessible and easy to understand.

    • Extremely easy to change the style and the size of text on the fly.

    • NOT a markdown editor. (I understand this is a negative for some people. Personally, I am not a fan of markdown. I prefer using simple command key combinations to mark up text).

    • Has gotten to the point that it has every essential note-taking feature (collaboration, locking, multiple windows, pinned notes, dark mode, etc.)

    • Available for iOS, Mac, Internet browser.

    • FREE if you already own Apple products (yes, I understand that's a big "if" and that you're probably not going to want to use this unless you use iOS / macOS devices as your primary devices).

    For my purposes, Apple Notes is a nearly flawless app (aside from a lack of watchOS support). It's really nice to have such a useful app come standard with every Apple device.

    submitted by /u/TheIronKraken
    [link] [comments]

    Apple uses human curation of Apple News to keep it from being ‘total crazy land’

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    Apple is working on an iPhone that works better in the rain

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:23 AM PDT

    Apple’s Radical Approach to News: Humans Over Machines

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 10:17 AM PDT

    I miss the startup chime.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 04:59 AM PDT

    The startup chime for me at least, gave the computer life and also confirmed it is alive, and it's relaxing also. When you boot a new one post 2015, it feels lifeless and... dull. The joy of hearing for the first time is gone, now just a black screen with a bar. Is there any hope of Apple bringing it back somehow?

    submitted by /u/Squiliam-Tortaleni
    [link] [comments]

    So I shot an entire commercial on an iPhone XS Max.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:29 AM PDT

    You'll have to excuse my brand new Reddit account, I didn't wanna post this with my normal one. Lol

    Anyways, I wanted to share this for anyone interested in the full potential of the iPhone XS Max camera system or interested in hearing the thoughts on the Xs Max potential from someone who shoots video and photos professionally.

    I just got my Xs Max a week ago and I was totally blown away by the new camera system. The dynamic range, color saturation, af acquisition and af tracking and over all image quality had me thinking, 'I wonder if I could actually shoot a commercial with this, and if so could anyone even tell?'

    Steven Soderberg who is a filmmaker I idolize shot an entire full length film on an iPhone and I've seen a ton of other examples from other filmmakers trying the same thing, so I figured why not! Ha.

    Anyways, I'll post the link the comments below. You guys are the judge, but I honesty think we are at a point where you'll start to see this sort of thing happening more and more.

    The freedom to move around without a giant gimbal and my giant camera allows me to be so much more creative.

    So anyways, hope this post finds it's way to anyone who might find it useful.

    Feel free to bug me with any questions about how I shot it, the gear and gimbal I used, or editing.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/martinmooremilwaukee
    [link] [comments]

    Massive iPad deployment at OSU paying long-term dividends in higher education

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:31 AM PDT

    iPhone Xr real world photos with depth control

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 09:01 AM PDT

    What is something about your Apple device that you will never get tired of?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    It could be any feature which you really love. About any aspect of the software or hardware, MacOS or iOS.

    For me it's just how smooth iOS is. The way the brightness ever so slowly changes depending on the lighting and if TrueTone is enabled or not. Its so seamless. It's hard to actually see in motion but I know my device is almost always at the perfect display setting whenever I use it. Which is cool.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/Goofball-John-McGee
    [link] [comments]

    (Another) Short AirPods Comparison Review

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    I'm stunned. Pure and simple. My Jaybird X3's went through the wash and I decided I'd try Apple's offering out. Not only are they more comfortable in the ear, but they also sound significantly better. The biggest factor is the soundstage and the separation of tones; every instrument gets space to breathe, every little sound is present in a way that they weren't on the X3's. I was listening to a podcast on my walk back to work from lunch and jumped because the voice sounded so clear. The Jaybirds sound compressed and tinny in comparison. Yes, the X3's have better noise isolation but that comes at the expense of clarity. I can say honestly that the airpods sound and feel better than the Jaybirds.

    I've heard tell that the airpods are only marginally better than the regular earpods and I have to disagree, the lack of wires and subsequently improved sealing drastically improves the sound quality. I suspect there are better drivers involved as well.

    That's my two cents. I love these headphones, I didn't want to but here I am hat in head singing their praise.

    submitted by /u/AuntMamiya
    [link] [comments]

    I turn off screen time and reboot my phone, the battery seems to be normal now. Thanks guys!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 05:19 PM PDT

    I reached out to Apple due to severe eye strain with respect to my iPhone X's screen

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 01:44 AM PDT

    Since I discovered the issue after the return window for my carrier, I decided to reach out to Apple. After talking to their customer relations and support team, they've suggested that I consult my physician or stop using the device that I paid a grand for. I feel entitled when I post this but certainly if they're aware of the issue, shouldn't they accommodate users who've been affected by it? I would like to hear out everyone. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ParleGBlues
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Hypnosis

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:33 AM PDT

    Apple Hypnosis

    Buy Apple. Must buy Apple. Must buy more Apple...

    This video is made to let you buy more Apple stuff.

    Rendered from 371 teaser images of the 2018 October Event. 60fps.

    submitted by /u/Balance-
    [link] [comments]

    How do iOS apps fingerprint your phone?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:53 PM PDT

    Hi,

    This is a question mainly for devs as you're probably more aware of this.

    What information do apps use to fingerprint your device? For example Uber, Yik Yak etc store account details somewhere even if the app has been uninstalled. When re-installing the respective apps, they automatically logging in. What information from the device are they using to fingerprint to an account or store login details? It's definitely not iCloud, because I have a completely clean iPhone which is only logged into the App Store and data is still stored somewhere even if iCloud is not enabled. The only way of erasing said data is to erase all contents and settings in General.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HDMILex
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper integrating the iOS dock in a playful way?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:47 AM PDT

    I'm searching for an iOS wallpaper that integrates the dock in a playful way, E.g. something sitting on the dock etc...
    but I don't know what to enter in google google to get that, so, does anyone have a wallpaper that fulfils that requirement? Or an idea what search terms could lead me to it...

    submitted by /u/m_y_reich
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper integrating the dock in a playful way?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:47 AM PDT

    I'm searching for an iOS wallpaper that integrates the dock in a playful way, E.g. something sitting on the dock etc...
    but I don't know what to enter in google google to get that, so, does anyone have a wallpaper that fulfils that requirement? Or an idea what search terms could lead me to it...

    submitted by /u/m_y_reich
    [link] [comments]

    What are the chances of Apple releasing a new MacBook on Oct 30th event?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:40 AM PDT

    Since there are quite a few rumours about Apple releasing a New MacBook or upgrading MacBook Air, what do you think are the chances of Apple unleashing a MacBook also on October 30?

    submitted by /u/apsknight
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel