• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 25, 2018

    Apple Watch My wife wants an Apple watch, is it worth it/useful?

    Apple Watch My wife wants an Apple watch, is it worth it/useful?


    My wife wants an Apple watch, is it worth it/useful?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:29 AM PDT

    My wife is a teacher and her co-workers all have Apple watches. She thinks they look cool and wants one but also knows it's a lot of money. I bought her a series 3 the other day (wrong color) as a surprise. She wasn't a fan of the color and felt guilty about spending the money. I'm going to return it and most likely get her a series 4 if we decide to pull the trigger. Any other teachers in here with an Apple watch? I definitely think they look cool, just don't know how useful it is. Need help justifying spending the money. Thank ya'll.

    submitted by /u/mynameisbogus
    [link] [comments]

    If you want a Spotify app for your Apple Watch, this is where you tell Spotify. This is the link their support sent me when I asked about it.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:13 AM PDT

    Had this pop up on my IG today

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:28 PM PDT

    Cellular Digital Crowns - One Year Apart

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:58 AM PDT

    Red Dot (S3) vs Red Line (S4) on Stainless Steel, with Sapphire Classic Buckle, then and now:

    https://i.imgur.com/1yxpTVo.jpg

    submitted by /u/ScaniaCB80
    [link] [comments]

    I work in retail and started at 8.30am. 0 minutes exercise? Has this happened to anyone on 5.0.1? I updated this morning before work..

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:50 AM PDT

    Freedom comes to my S4 and Macbook Pro

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:06 PM PDT

    People that upgraded to the S4 from the S3 - are you noticing a huge difference and are you satisfied with your purchase?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:02 AM PDT

    Anyone know when new official bands will come out?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:59 AM PDT

    Not a fan of the new bands from Sept and wondering when the next season's bands will be released

    submitted by /u/1080bruxelles
    [link] [comments]

    Siri NOT working with music...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:34 AM PDT

    Up until recently, I would be able to ask Siri via the watch to play a playlist or shuffle my music. This feature worked until the past couple weeks, but the same commands work when asking Siri via the phone, but no longer on the watch.

    Has anyone else had this issue?

    It's driving me crazy, I never use my phone while driving, only my watch. So when I get in the car and ask Siri to play something and she just says "sorry, I'm having trouble playing your music", it's very irritating that I have to wait till I'm at a stop light then go in my pocket and manually start some music

    I've contacted Apple support and they can't help. I've tried unpairing and repairing, restarting both devices, and disabling and reenabling Siri and nothing works.

    Every other thing Siri can do works, except music playback..

    submitted by /u/iMau5
    [link] [comments]

    Knocked my new S4 swinging my arms right into a metal door handle....

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:17 AM PDT

    The crack really isn't deep (ran my finger nail over it and didn't feel anything) and you can only see the crack and a certain angle. Looking head on at the watch you can't see it. It almost just looks like a small straight line smudge.

    I have Apple Care+. Someone told me you get 2 "accidental" damage replacements for $70. Is this accurate? If that's the case should I reserve those for if my watch faces absolutely shatters OR replace out of principle?

    Anyone have any tips or pointers when it comes to Apple Care for the Watch?

    submitted by /u/GarfieldSighs3
    [link] [comments]

    AQI Finally working for anyone else?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:50 AM PDT

    I have zero issues with spotify and my watch, someone fill me in?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 06:01 AM PDT

    I use spotify daily like most of us, and I switch between phone (in car usually) to my desktop at work, to phone (bluetooth headphones at gym) then desktop at home or bluetooth speaker. And anytime im listening, it shows up on my watch and I have basic controls. Theres usually a tiny delay but I dont mind and it works great. It never crashes or freezes, and double clicking the crown lets me go between messages and the player easily. I always hear about how bad it is but I just dont understand, maybe cause ive never used the apple music? just wondering.

    submitted by /u/rcab23
    [link] [comments]

    Flaws in HeartWatch app regarding regular heartbeat reading

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 09:06 AM PDT

    I have talked to the customer support about this, and while they were really helpful with explaining how this should work and I understand that completely, it seems that app is recording regular heart beat wrong.

    Note: I am not blaming app for being inaccurate, just pointing to some flaws that I noticed.

    As you see in the description of the Regular heartbeat, it says "RH is when you are NOT working out, moving or sleeping".

    There's the problem! App is sometimes recording heartbeats and putting them into Regular Heart beat section when I am moving, doing daily chores or whatever.

    1st example: https://imgur.com/a/ynLj72V

    Maximum regular heartbeat 112.

    That was when I was moving around, doing stuff.

    2nd example: https://imgur.com/a/6tqbiDa

    Maximum regular heartbeat 143. Huh?

    It was NOT recorded when I wasn't working out, moving or whatever. It was recorded when I was doing some manual labor in the house, moving heavy crates up and down the stairs.

    3rd example: https://imgur.com/a/VkwxSGd

    Maximum regular heartbeat 114.

    That was when I was doing chores around the house. Not when I was not moving, etc.

    4th example: https://imgur.com/a/LusHW6Y

    That's today. Hence only 3 hours of readings as I woke up 3h ago.

    I had 102 BPM 7mins ago, before I started to write this post and when I was also cleaning and doing regular stuff with medium intensity.

    Disclaimer: Minimum readings on all 4 screenshots is low because that's the heartbeat when I woke up and was still in bed. Nothing unusual there.

    Possible explanation would be that the app is recording those heartbeats while I was standing still, or sat down for a minute. But if that's the case, app should recognize that I was doing something prior to standing still or sitting and exclude those results from showing on the "Regular heartbeat". Like some kind of cool-down period of a few minutes to allow heart to get to the REGULAR heart beat interval.

    Now this is interesting, I was tracking regular heart beat prior to all the chores which caused my heart rate to be "elevated", and then the app was showing different, accurate results.

    Minimum was still low because it's the BMP of a heart when I woke up, but average and maximum were normal. 50-70. As soon as I started doing some "manual labor" in the house, maximum went to the roof. And it shouldn't, that is not regular heart beat because I am doing something. I am not sitting, or not moving, as the description says.

    Consequently, as AutoSleep app is calculating nocturnal dip (heart rate compared to the regular BPM) as a difference from regular BPM throughout the day to the sleeping BPM I have doubts that it's incorrect. My nocturnal dip is -41% because or irregular readings of "regular heart beat". Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/zv4yzXy

    Normal nocturnal dip is 10-15%.

    If heartwatch would stop capturing heartbeats when I am actually moving or doing stuff as a regular heartbeat, my nocturnal dip would be lower, more accurate.

    So to get to my question, is anyone else having similar issues?

    TLDR: Heartwatch app is recording heartbeats while moving and doing stuff under "Regular heartbeat" which is meant to track your heart while you are not working out, moving or sleeping.

    submitted by /u/diablek
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got it working ��

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:57 AM PDT

    Is there a calorie tracking app that adapts to your activity level?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:55 AM PDT

    Calorie counting apps usually set a "goal" to target if you wanna lose or gain weight, but they are usually based on discrete parameters. Is there an app that uses your Move calorie information to set your goal adaptively, based on past information perhaps?

    submitted by /u/tracy_martell
    [link] [comments]

    I’m not going outside.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:49 AM PDT

    AW Hermes question

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:28 AM PDT

    Hey all, long time lurker here. Just updated the AWH S3 to WatchOS 5, but I can't seem to find the dual color Hermes watch faces, like those native on the AWH S4. Are some of these faces model restricted? Sorry for coming off as being picky about the specialty faces, but would appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/elated-elevated
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to view snapchat messages on the watch?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    It will notify me if I receive a message most of the time, and it will say their name and if they're typing or sent a message, but I can't view it on there. Is there a way to view the message?

    submitted by /u/sso_1
    [link] [comments]

    Would a Series 2 Suffice for what I want?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 08:11 AM PDT

    I have been trying to get myself to pull the trigger on an apple watch for a while. Every time I go to buy one I hesitate --- what if I don't like it? I have never owned a smart watch or a fitness tracker before.

    For me, aesthetics are pretty important and if I don't like how the watch looks, I won't wear it. Although I love the look of the Gold Stainless Series 4, it's expensive for a device I'm concerned I either won't like or won't wear. As for aluminum, I have some concerns about durability just because of how clumsy I am.

    I've been lurking this forum for a while and I understand that the Series 4 is a huge improvement over past generations; however, I was considering purchasing a series 2 (probably stainless or ceramic) just to see if I even like having an apple watch. Series 2 are priced pretty reasonably now (even the ceramic edition is less than a new aluminum S4). The only reason I am not considering Series 1 is because it's not water resistant.

    My only concern is that a series 2 will be so slow that I will get frustrated. Do you think a series 2 is an OK first apple watch in 2018? Would it suffice primarily for fitness tracking - I mostly work out indoors: treadmill, elliptical, bike, weights, and occasionally I go hiking outdoors and sometimes I go swimming. How slow is it really, especially on OS5?

    Thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/pp2591
    [link] [comments]

    Alligator band with aluminum 44 - pretty happy with the pairing!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:32 PM PDT

    Still rocking the LGBTQ band with Series 3

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:22 PM PDT

    Battery life of apple watch 4 Lte vs Apple watch 3 non lte

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:29 AM PDT

    so from what i read most people talk favourably abt the apple watch 4's battery life.

    i upgraded from apple watch 3 non-lte to 4 lte, and my feeling is that with the same usecase the battery lasts significantly less.

    i make so little use of the lte features that the reduced battery life outweighs the benefits.

    is there any comparison on how the 4lte holds up against the 4non-lte?

    submitted by /u/karlpiranha
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Series 4: Sports & Fitness In-Depth Review [DCRaymaker]

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 07:15 AM PDT

    Telegram Apple Watch support returns with iOS update (via 9to5mac)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:38 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel