• Breaking News

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    macOS Opinion - Windows runs better than macOS on my mac. WHAT?!

    macOS Opinion - Windows runs better than macOS on my mac. WHAT?!


    Opinion - Windows runs better than macOS on my mac. WHAT?!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:42 AM PDT

    Hello all! :)

    I'm here to know your opinion about this topic. Well, Windows 10 runs better on my MacBook than macOS Mojave!

    Let me explain why I say this. Im doing my master's thesis and I need to use an image sensor and some software that only runs on Windows. I tried to use parallels desktop to run windows 10 in a virtual machine but the sensor sends a huge amount of data that it crash the application, so, i was forced to do a bootcamp of Windows.

    After some days using windows 10 I was really impressed how windows was so mature and stable.

    Web browsing is very smooth and fast, no lag at heavy sites. On macOS, sometimes I have to close safari and open it again, some sites like facebook eat a LOT of RAM. Even scrolling on reddit is smoother!

    Has I said before, I'm doing the master's thesis and writing the document using microsoft office... Well, this is when things get really interesting. The same exact document, with some imagens, tables, mathematic equations, is much more fluid when scrolling, adding more images, editing the tables or the text when using windows than it is when using macOS.

    Sometimes I have to do some Skype calls with my professor... And it is just a pain! The mac gets laggy and very very hot!

    About the overall system performance, boot time is faster in windows (like 6/7 seconds). Navigating thru the OS, is like the same as macOS.

    Well, this isn't a post to say that macOS sucks and windows is wayyy better. NO! Not at all! I love the apple ecosystem and I love my macbook, but... It feels strange and a bit frustrating when I see that a OS, specifically made for apple machines runs worst than a OS made for a large number of machines/brands.

    Will macOS Cataline save this? Will apple wake up, or this is just marketing to make me buy a new machine?

    PS: this is my MacBook, 2,7 GHz- 256 GB, 8 GB RAM

    submitted by /u/reikonaga
    [link] [comments]

    Best OS X version for an older MacBook?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    I have a 2008 MacBook, 2.4 GHz, running OS X 10.6.8, w/ 4 gb of ram. What's the safest OS X version I could upgrade to and have this baby still run smoothly?

    submitted by /u/lazrbeam
    [link] [comments]

    MacOs mojave. I’m trying to install some software but i get this message. What can i do? (It’s already in the applications folder)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    Does Logitech Options hurt battery life

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:58 PM PDT

    My average energy impact is 1.17 (I'm new to OS and I'm not sure if that's high, but its the third highest on the list). I have a the 2019 base MacBook Pro if that helps

    submitted by /u/milanop1ano
    [link] [comments]

    [Issue] Magic Trackpad 2 does not automatically reconnect

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    not sure if I'm the only one facing this issue but periodically, the Magic Trackpad 2 will not automatically reconnect. I'll have to manually go into Bluetooth settings to connect.

    Is this a known issue?

    submitted by /u/wilflare
    [link] [comments]

    Can't use the swipe to go back on Reddit on Chrome?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    I'm on the OSX Mojave

    When I'm on the reddit front page, I click on a post and it opens. To go back on any other website, I can use the swipe gesture with 2 fingers to go back. However, it doesn't work on reddit and I have to physically move the mouse and press the back button.

    Anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Pretty annoying

    submitted by /u/pursian
    [link] [comments]

    AirPlay iPhone to MacBook?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    Want to watch a show on a streaming app but the app itself is Mobile-only and I'm not tryna watch it on a 5 inch screen. Is there any way I can AirPlay/Cast to my MacBook Air?

    submitted by /u/Richiieee
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: In the new Music app, you can bring back checked/unchecked songs in Preferences

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    Go to Music - Preferences - General and select "Songs list checkboxes".

    Sync settings in your Finder should then show the option to "Sync only checked songs" like before.

    (You might have to close and open the Finder window for it to show up after changing preferences.)

    Edit: I neglected to add Catalina in the title fml. So I'll just do it here. Catalina. Catalina. Catalina.

    submitted by /u/Yestromo
    [link] [comments]

    How can I remap a key?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    One of my keys is stuck and is giving me a ton of issues. Is there a way to remap it to a less important key like the caps lock? Its the letter A key that needs to be remapped

    submitted by /u/TheAmbitious1
    [link] [comments]

    3 screens with 3 different resolution hell

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:01 AM PDT

    I'm using 3 screens at work:

    1. mac book pro 15" 2017: default screen resolution
    2. a quality dell monitor - 2560 x 1440 (this is the max, the rest look really bad)
    3. a cheap dell monitor - 1200 x 1920 (max)

    The problem is that various tools, like Xcode, display different text size on each screen, thus preventing me from working on all 3 screens without reducing/increasing the font size constantly.

    Is there a way to configure macos to show larger text on one screen and smaller text on the other?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/8412risk
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to make a Yosemite bootable USB installer?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:47 AM PDT

    I want to upgrade an old mac mini to an unsupported version of yosemite, but I can't find a video that will work without downloading from the App Store, which is no longer an option. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/sachin1118
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini 2010 can't use ANY startup commands (SHIFT/COMMAND+R/OPTION) Just boots normally.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    I inherited an old Mac Mini 2010 that I wanted to use but my first thought was to factory reset it. It was running Snow Leopard and none of the commands worked so I figured I'd update it to at least El Capitan. After the update I tried some of the basic startup commands and it STILL continues to boot up normally. I've tried every combination and can't figure out why it won't work.

    I've verified with terminal that I have a Apple_Boot Recovery HD (I think?). I'm also not using an Apple keyboard. Just a basic PC keyboard, which I've also tried using different ones to make sure the keyboard isn't just being weird. I'm at a complete loss. Please help!

    Edit: unfortunately I do not have the boot able DVD it came with years ago.

    submitted by /u/Zantillian
    [link] [comments]

    I can still see elements on screen when the brightness is set to lowest. Is this normal?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    Hi, I have a quick question. I'm currently on MacBook 2017, running the latest Mojave. I just found out that when I turned my brightness to minimum (with the function key), even though the screen appeared to be black, I could still see some elements faintly on the screen (especially when they are white or on white background) and they still reacted to my inputs like they would when the brightness is at normal level. Is this something normal? I have been using this one for over a year and this was the first time I noticed that. I had some problems with the screen before. A bit afraid that they might be related.

    Thank you in advance for the replies. The will for sure help with my paranoia :(

    submitted by /u/autumniit
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi problems in macos 10.14.6 on mbp2018

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    It is constantly disconnecting from the wifi every 2-3 minutes and the connection is lost. Router is not the problem as my Pixel is okay with wifi. I tried changing the router settings by factory resetting multiple times and restarted the laptop but no use. Is there anyone experiencing same thing? Any idea of how to resolve this, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/yeet_ing
    [link] [comments]

    What's up with these Preboots on my MBP?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:26 PM PDT

    I have 2012 MBP Retina. I just notices several Preboot folders in Volumes. My 2018 MBP doesn't have any Preboot folders in Volumes. Googling isn't coming up with good info. Does anyone know why all these are here? I feel like these are leftovers from software updates that didn't delete when they were supposed to be.

    https://imgur.com/lFKKDdN

    submitted by /u/typeXYZ
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade to macOS Mojave?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Currently using a mid 2013 mac air (13-inch) and i am currently on osx el capitan version 10.11.6.

    I am afraid that after upgrading that my computer will run slow since it is on the older side..should I risk the update?

    submitted by /u/pursian
    [link] [comments]

    After Mojave upgrade finder not finding files anymore from external HDD and SD Cards.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    Hello. since i upgraded to mojave, my finder is not searching for files anymore on external drives.

    Mostly exfat.

    I tried to rebuild the spotlight index manually (terminal )and via Settings menu but didn't help.

    I did a smc reset and get a new drive to test with different formats but still the same problem.

    any help would be really great!

    Kind Regars,

    P1nk

    submitted by /u/P1nk_Fl0yd
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with startup, MBP

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I have a problem with my MBP. It can't start up, just black screen with folder and question mark after some time appears. Also cmd+r works, and when I try to repair the disk with disk utility, this option isn't active. Essentially, there's no ssd at all. Only "disk0" and "OS x base system". What can it be? I'm kinda newbie to mac, and can't find anything related to this problem on the internet. I've tried to reinstall the system, but there's no disk options when installing OS.

    Edit: I managed to start the laptop by installing OS on the USB flash drive. This is how disk utility looking at the moment https://imgur.com/a/SlGtkzb

    submitted by /u/yuri_dr
    [link] [comments]

    My onion browser isn’t loading after public beta install

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    I installed the first public beta of MacOs and my onion browser isn't loading. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/HolocronSurvivor
    [link] [comments]

    Can't install Catalina

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:34 AM PDT

    Ive waited a little with this years MacOS beta after having a bad experience last year, and now ive decided i want to download it, but i cant.

    https://imgur.com/a/m90RFFL

    My mac is enrolled but the Catalina beta is still not available. I tried installing the Beta Access Utility again but it just says update not available. I also tried removing the Beta software enrollment and reinstalling it but that didnt work either. I didnt have any problems installing iPadOS and iOS13. Im on a 2017 13" no touch bar mbp.

    submitted by /u/Redluff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel