• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    macOS Is anyone else annoyed at the different angle of the lines through these icons when they are disabled? I'd be so pleased if they were all at the same angle!

    macOS Is anyone else annoyed at the different angle of the lines through these icons when they are disabled? I'd be so pleased if they were all at the same angle!


    Is anyone else annoyed at the different angle of the lines through these icons when they are disabled? I'd be so pleased if they were all at the same angle!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    OBS for M1

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    Hello, this isn't strictly macOS only content, but I know a lot of people int he macOS community use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for recording or streaming as it is a professional set of software.

    I have just recompiled OBS for apple silicon using the latest code from the master branch on the OBS GitHub. This enables hardware encoding and now runs natively on M1. I've also added the virtual camera to the build too.

    You will need qt@5 and ffmpeg installed to use it:

    brew install qt@5 ffmpeg

    In order to open it you will have to right click and press open, you might have to do this twice because the build is not signed or notarised.

    Download: link

    Important: This does NOT have browser sources available sorry.

    submitted by /u/A_MrBenMitchell
    [link] [comments]

    Playing The Stanley Parable on Mac. Has anyone been able to play on a recent OS version?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Hi

    Is there anyway that I can play The Stanley Parable on my mac- most updated version?

    submitted by /u/LizFrance
    [link] [comments]

    Infinity Screen Share between Leopard and Big Sur!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    Adobe Lightroom on M1 Mac

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:54 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I bought a Macbook Air M1 16gb ram a month ago. The first day of owning it I downloaded lightroom cc, photoshop and premiere. Both Photoshop and Premiere use minimum of memory and ram and don't swap/write memory to the SSD. I edited in premiere for 5 hours and it wrote like 500mb of memory to the SSD. I edit and retouch photos in Photoshop and it uses maybe 500mb per photo so that is reasonable. But once I start using lightroom it writes like crazy maybe like 5-10gb per photo and even when I am not editing photos it keeps writing and writing. I started using and external SSD where I store my catalog and photos and still it writes data like crazy. It just doesn't make sense, I stopped using lightroom because of this and went to capture one and I can edit like for 3 hours and it only writes 10gb max when editing around 20 photos so this has to be some software issue. Lightroom CC is running native on M1 macs but lightroom Classic is still running under rosetta so that one is even worse. I mean ok maybe its not a huge issue but I don't want to wear my new macbook like that cause I see that all the other adobe programs just run how they should. Is here anyone with the same issue? Cause to me it is not normal that lightroom writes 150gb of data every editing session when capture one only uses maybe 10gb. I like lightroom and use it for a long time so if there is any solution or some settings I need to change like maybe smartpreviews or somethine please let me know cause I would love to use lightroom again as I have paid a subscription. Also the mac was pretty expensive so I don't want my ssd to die on me in 2 years. At the beginning I thought it was an Mac M1 issue but it is clearly an software issue of lightroom. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ixography
    [link] [comments]

    2013 MBA Big Sur upgrade from Catalina sutck for an hour without progress (This is after the timed progress bar, 2nd reboot I think). Any suggestions?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:37 AM PDT

    Imac 2014 27 inch upgraded ram

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    And now the screen is all messed up. Like huge white blocks across 80 percent of the whole screen. I was very careful with it so I dont know why this has happened. Could it be the ribbon cables maybe? Or is the whole screen effed??

    submitted by /u/DntH8IncrsDaMrdrR8
    [link] [comments]

    Imac 2014 27 inch upgraded ram

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    And now the screen is all messed up. Like huge white blocks across 80 percent of the whole screen. I was very careful with it so I dont know why this has happened. Could it be the ribbon cables maybe? Or is the whole screen effed??

    submitted by /u/DntH8IncrsDaMrdrR8
    [link] [comments]

    Critical RCE Bug Found in Homebrew Package Manager for macOS and Linux

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    Facetime Camera Not Working on MacBook Pro 2016

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    I have been using this Mac since launch and it haven't had any problems until Big Sur. Whenever I try to use the camera via FaceTime, Photo Booth or other applications such as Zoom or Skype, the green light just flashes and no video available on the screen. The issue has started since Big Sur 11.2 and I have not found a solution for this. I have tried different possible solutions such as using terminal to kill VDCAissistant, reinstall Mac OS, downgrade from Big Sur to Catalina, create a new admin user account, screen time and privacy settings etc. but still no luck. I brought it to Apple Store couple weeks ago and they said it's a hardware issue and it would cost around half of a new MacBook Pro to get it fixed, which is ridiculous. My MacBook has been in great care and has not suffered any liquid damage at all. The only repair that I had is the butterfly keyboard sticky keys issue that was covered in the replacement program.

    Anyway, I want to explore other possible solutions before I give up on this. Not a tech guru but I was wondering is the VDCAssistant process one of the necessary background processes to get the camera running? I tried to locate it in Activity Monitor but it doesn't seem to be there. Just want to put this here to gather some thoughts on getting this fixed. Thank you all in advance!

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Cap8711
    [link] [comments]

    do you prefer "allow wallpaper tinting in windows" on or off

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    Can't close the "out of application memory" Force Quit Applications window

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    Sometimes this window pops up when my system's free memory runs low, but then my computer locks up for a while. When it becomes responsive again, the buttons in the window stop working and I can't close it. Is there a way I can close it if the regular methods don't work? I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

    submitted by /u/iamnomad101
    [link] [comments]

    ‘17 MBP App loading / function issues

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    Hi all.

    I have a Apple certified refurbished 2017 MBP. Ever since I started running Big Sur I have issues that result in multiple restarts each day. If I click on Apple News stories in my email the News app hangs. If I open News before clicking on the email link, it still hangs. When I send emails in Spark, the app hangs when I hit "send". It still sends the email but the app hangs. When I launch Zoom from a calendar link, it's 50/50 whether it will launch or if I have to reboot and then try again. Sometimes other books hand, like Books or Clean my Mac X. It's pretty evenly Apple applications and 3rd party applications that seem to have the issues. Some days it is worse than others and it's never at the same time of the day (I am on my computer all day for work).

    A few months back, I completely wiped my Mac and started fresh. I did find that I accidentally kept one of the old partitions and so I deleted that partition. No issues resulted from that.

    I have apple care until June. I'm wondering if anyone is still having app loading or hanging issues. I plan on reaching out to Apple about this. I figured I would check here first.

    submitted by /u/STWHA
    [link] [comments]

    Can't resize/repartition APFS Volume with Disk Utility on macOS Mojave [APFS Container resize error code is 49187]

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    Every time I try to shrink the APFS volume on my mac to add more Bootcamp size, I always get the error message: APFS Container resize error code is 49187

    I tried every possible way, like check for local snapshots and multi checking if Time Machine is off although I have never used it. I also just reset macOS Mojave so I don't have any important files to lose on it.

    Is there a way for me to be able to get this issue fixed? [I'm not looking to upgrade my mac anytime soon, because upgrading to Catalina was a nightmare for me]

    If you can help me with this issue I'd greatly appreciate it!!

    submitted by /u/remonataba528o0b2
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra to Big Sur woes...

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 04:36 PM PDT

    Hi, so I have an aged Mac that meets the High Sierra requirements (late 2013 MBP). I haven't used it in more than a year, and I wanted to update it thoroughly. So I got it out and got a charge back in the battery, right. So I boot it up, and it's kind of all heck has broken loose - it was on some version I believe of High Sierra, and when I go to the App Store, nothing even displays, except for the updates page, and that displays in broken HTML (all kinds of other squirrely behavior, like it wouldn't try to ping my current iPhone to re-authorize iCloud, etc). It will ultimately update itself to a newer version of H/S, but I am assuming that Apple disabled support for H/S in the app store, and this is why nothing is working correctly?

    The website just seems to run me in a ring of trying to use the App Store, and I tried the internet recovery (cmd-opt-R) but this generated a 5101F error (which apparently is a network issue... I think I have an adaptor for ethernet for this thing, possibly, somewhere....).

    It's been a while since I used MacOS (obvi) - I was previously a fairly power user, but I've been on Windows 10 primarily since about 2-3 years ago (and actually, what happened was that I was using this Mac to boot Windows 10 in Bootcamp for some time, so this is why the MacOS side of it is so out of date, because even before I stopped using the MBP, I stopped using MacOS).

    Thank you! Please don't hate me! :)

    submitted by /u/themiracy
    [link] [comments]

    After cloning my internal drive to an external, am I good to format it to use as a little bit of a storage and for a windows partition? I'm on Big Sur currently.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    Recently cloned my drive via CCC since it was no longer enough space for everything I wanted to do, so I created a bootable drive. Now I'd like to use it to also boot a windows drive.

    Am I good to delete the internal partition to do a bootcamp bootable drive and then ONLY boot from the external going forward?

    submitted by /u/BittahObserver
    [link] [comments]

    i think boot camp is severely broken

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    Are App Store apps installed per user in MacOS?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    On my MacBook, I've got two user accounts each logged in with different Apple ID's.

    Microsoft office is installed and despite updating on one account 16.47.1-> 16.48 and this update being reflected when I log into the other account (both installs say it's 16.48), the App Store says it needs to update and I'm asked to update to the same version that's already installed. I had to download like 3+ GB and wait for it to install again.

    • Before update: v16.48 (21041102)
    • After Update: v16.48 (21041102)

    I don't see any evidence that these are 2 separate installs as the apps appear in /Applications and not /Users/[user]/Applications and the update was reflected in both accounts after only updating one of them.

    What's going on with the App Store?

    submitted by /u/antnythr
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: you can override a user's lock screen as an admin

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    If a standard user (non-admin) has their screen locked, you can press option+return and enter an admin username and password to unlock it and gain access to the user's account.

    submitted by /u/YourMJK
    [link] [comments]

    This is How you install iPhone-only apps natively on M1 macs

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    I see posts every now and then about this kind of stuff, but it seems many don't realize you can do this kind of stuff.

    TITLE CORRECTION: IOS APPS (iPhone and iPad)

    I have Cashapp, ProtonMail, and many more iPhone apps running natively on my m1 without any other software

    1. Download iMazing
    2. connect iPhone to mac via cable.
    3. open iMazing, click your device and then look for Manage Apps
    4. Go to the library tab and click the download icon.
    5. Right click the app you downloaded and hit export IPA
    6. Double click the exported ipa file and it automatically installs into the Applications folder on the Mac.

    Only works for apps downloaded from the official app store and or ties to your apple id

    submitted by /u/matt4493
    [link] [comments]

    I'm running Catalina on a 2020 Macbook Pro. I updated my version of XQuartz and I've been stuck on this lock screen for some hours now... is there a way to restart my computer? I'm a graduate student who works off this computer and it would be really bad if I can't access my info...

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    Trouble Setting up Time Machine via Network Drive

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    I have a Mac mini with an attached external drive that I am trying to use as a central Time Machine backup point for multiple Macs in my house. It is running 11.2.3, but when I try and set up the shared folder, the Advanced Options is grayed out. Is there another step that I need to take? https://imgur.com/MCaWkgT

    submitted by /u/digital_james
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel