• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread


    Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assit you, so consider helping out others in the thread while you wait for assistance.

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related, but not post worthy.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or by using the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before. You can also contact Apple directly and freely through their Apple Support live chat, for real expertise.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread


    Click here to see past D&TS threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iPad pros struggling to mirror their apps, when my Samsung S20 can fully output a separate fully blown desktop experience, no lag or glitches, with many peripherals attached - don't let apple tell you last year's pro wouldn't be able to "handle" proper monitor support.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    Please, stop asking for MacOS on the iPad. Just get a Mac if you need one.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    This was originally going to be a reply to one of the comments to people begging for MacOS coming to the iPad.

    I don't know why you guys constantly want to turn the iPad into a PC. Sure, the hardware is capable of it, but the strength of the iPad is that it's a new, modern platform. Just take a look at the state of the Windows store and the quality of touchscreen apps on the MS side. Windows 10 provided legacy support, so no one developed anything new for it that's not web-based. UWP is basically dead and only used by Microsoft.

    Apple's strength is that they can make developers bend their way. They killed the flash, the floppy disc, the headphone jack, the CD and so on; they made devs do things because they just said so. They're big and popular enough for that. iPad's future is not iPadOS getting MacOS apps, it's forcing desktop developers to create powerful apps for this new platform. There's so many iPad users that they won't ignore such a huge market. Sure it takes time, but in the end what you get is a 100 times better user experience than serving old apps on a touchscreen.

    submitted by /u/HardRic501
    [link] [comments]

    Who else is waiting to be disappointed to know that xcode is not going to be a feature on the new ipadOS?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Every year and it is the same ritual. We believe, we know it is not going to happen, we hope and we are crushed.

    But I think they will ship this time though!

    submitted by /u/mvpetri
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: New 12.9-inch iPad Pro isn’t compatible with the older Magic Keyboard

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:31 AM PDT

    Waves Wallpapers for iPad & Mac

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    iPad Air 4 Pro Tip

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    iPad Air 4 can charge airpods and at minimum, an iPhone 12mini.

    USB-C to Lightning Cable.

    Not too shabby, works in a pinch.

    submitted by /u/Bastianator
    [link] [comments]

    How can I add more colours, I usually need 4-5 so it would be really useful if I could add them.... thanks

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    Where do you charge your iPads when you're not using them?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    I keep looking for a simple solution to just popping the new iPad 12.9inch on a charging dock when I'm not using it but I'm not having much luck finding anything. My previous iPad, I would kind of just unplug my MacBook and place the iPad on top of it and use the same charger but I'm seeing if I can figure out a nicer/simpler method.

    I don't need to use it while it's charging necessarily so it doesn't have to be like a big work dock.

    Anyone have stuff they love?

    submitted by /u/MaxelAmador
    [link] [comments]

    What does ‘full screen brightness’ mean? Because when you compare ipad models on apple.com the 5th Gen 12.9 still lists ‘600 nits max brightness (typical)’

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Any shiftscreen users able to help me get round this issue please?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    Both now having the same chip, Is the Macbook Air a better option than trying to use iPad Pro as computer ?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    Honestly, I think, the M1 chip is wasted on iPad Pro if we don't see improvements in iPad OS. MacBook Air, on the other hand, is a real computer and there's no need of buying expensive accessories like the magic keyboard. And the battery life of Air is much better. The only difference I see is the touch screen and the use of Apple pencil. Even for that, I think a computer chip on iPad is overkill. A base level iPad would suffice basic tasks like digital note-taking. I think the iPad Pro as a computer would never be close to a MacBook, in making use of the processor's full potential. I'm curious about what improvements they might bring for the iPad OS to match the hardware.

    submitted by /u/hary_vz
    [link] [comments]

    How to import google contacts to iPad

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    I have contacts on my google account, I want them on my iPad. I tried downloading "csv for ios" file on iPad, but it doesn't support downloading that (WTF?). I want to add contacts directly to iPad or iCloud, I'm not sure how to do that.

    also I was unable to download a large pdf from WhatsApp web, on safari it would just reload the page without doing anything and on chrome it opened the file but i was unable to save it, it showed some error like unable to save or something similar.

    Can someone help me, Thank you.

    submitted by /u/PomegranateDry9060
    [link] [comments]

    How do I completely back up my iPad?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    So I am a music producer and video editor and would like to completely back up my iPad (not necessarily to iCloud if I don't have to) before selling my pro and getting the latest one.

    All the stuff I see say how to get all the apps back but not how to get all the content from the apps.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kallen815
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a program I can use to type/write on the same notes with MacBook Air 2018 and IPad Pro?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    I've used notability, GoodNotes, OneNote. Are there any apps that will let me write/type notes on the same page in real time? Or write/type on the same PowerPoint?

    submitted by /u/balmondjuice
    [link] [comments]

    Readdle Documents as ebook reader and metadata editor

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    As the title really, is anyone using Documents as their go to ebook reader? How is it with editing ebook metadata? I have calibre on the desktop but would rather just download and edit directly on the iPad. Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/Furtle1983
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else noticed a huge drop in RaM performance?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    I own a base model iPad and noticed in the last week or so my iPad can't multitask. If I switch to another app even for a moment, my original app will have to restart. It seems like the iPad isn't able to hold any of it in the RAM.

    Whereas ever since I brought I used to easily have multiple apps running (youtube, safari, messenger, etc) and was able to switch between them without loosing my stuff.

    Does anyone know why this happening?

    submitted by /u/TheAnonymousPresence
    [link] [comments]

    If Apple decides to put macOS on iPad, how do you think they will do it?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    With the new iPad Pros having the M1 chip, I think macOS will soon run on iPad. I don't think it is a matter of "if" anymore: only "when" and "how."

    My guess is this: iPad will be able to boot into macOS when an external display/mouse/keyboard or Magic Keyboard is connected. I think Apple will require a mouse/trackpad and keyboard to be connected to the iPad in order to boot into macOS on iPad. I don't think they want macOS to be used solely by touch. I would venture to say most people who want to boot the iPad into macOS already use the iPad with a keyboard/mouse/trackpad combo.

    The iPad could do this automatically when an accessory is connected (the user could specify a rule like "When I connect a display, open MacOS;" or, maybe there is an "app" called MacOS that appears on the home screen when the required accessories are connected.

    Perhaps when connected to an external display, the external display would show macOS and the iPad screen would still show iPadOS. This would allow traditional window management on the "Mac" side, but stay true to touch controls on the iPad. Maybe this enables quick build-and-run from Xcode? Is any of that even possible - to run both at the same time on the M1?

    At the end of the day, I think it is going to happen; but the story Apple will tell has to be more than "Okay, you can now shut down your iPad and select an OS when turning it on." There has to be more to the story.

    submitted by /u/chackl
    [link] [comments]

    What's the over/ under on iPadOS 15 "fixing" iPadOS?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    I'm not one of these people that wants macOS on the iPad, because I think that's foolish and backwards and we've all used a desktop environment crammed onto a touchscreen on some goofy netbook in middle school.

    But I will say that with the increasingly insane horsepower on the iPads how truly stunted the software is has gotten ridiculous. I've been holding out that apple would take an iterative approach to fixing the small issues but that hasn't been the case. Like, why can I still not summon spotlight without having a keyboard connected despite spotlight existing in its mac form on the ipad since 2016? That's five years of half-baked software frequently getting in the way of a workflow I use at least a hundred times a day on mac.

    So what's the rumor mill say? Has apple been secretly fixing the mess behind the scenes this whole time and now that the iPad has the M1 they're going to drop the biggest iPadOS update yet and whole hog fix the thing in one go?

    submitted by /u/BeachHouseFan420
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit look like this on my Ipad Pro 12,9". Is there away to make it look like on my Macbok Pro 16"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:04 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel