• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 12, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 12]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 12]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 12]

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve never seen a liquid in lightning port warning before.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    I've found something very interesting regarding iPhone and its' haptics.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    There was a post back when the iPhone 7 came out, regarding the then "new" haptics. OP theorized that there were sounds attached to the home button haptics. There were mixed beliefs on that, people claimed that the iPhone's Taptic engine was making the sounds, but others sasid there were sounds being played out from the speaker.

    So that 'segues' to my discovery.

    I was searching through files in an iPhone firmware file (13.0 (17A5572a), iPhone11,8) and found a folder named "Haptics", in that folder, there were several sounds that are played when a haptic is induced. Pic here.

    The following are what some of the sounds are attached to:

    WheelsOfTime.wav is heard when changing value in the wheel selection (like when setting a timer in the Clock app.)

    ReflectionDrone.wav is heard on iPhone X and newer, when the new 'Reflection' is played, there's a haptic swing towards the second half of the ringtone, which actually is NOT produced by the Taptic Engine, and is actually played by the speaker, which is a bit trippy and complicated to think about.

    Most, if not, all of these sounds are NOT obvious, you have to listen very closely to hear these sounds. I find this very interesting. I appreciate the excessive amount of detail put into the haptics on iPhone, and it is by far one of my favorite gimmicks that's exclusive to iPhone.

    To those of you that want to find these sounds yourself, unpack an iPhone's IPSW file, and follow this directory:

    /[iPhone Firmware]/Library/Audio/Tunings/[Device Codename]/Haptics/

    If you want the folder itself and don't want to find out yourself, PM me, and I will send it to you.

    Thanks for reading and have a great day.

    submitted by /u/NotSoAndre
    [link] [comments]

    3D Touch working until fewer apps?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    What's up with developers abolishing 3D Touch? A lot of apps that once had it, all the sudden don't, Reddit included. The problem is that 3D Touch is basically muscle memory to me at this point. When I want to open a post on Reddit, my muscle memory is to give my screen a hard press.

    submitted by /u/rockfan2001
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having a problem with automatic dark mode switch?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    I have both scheduled night shift and dark mode for sunset. Night shift happens every night almost exactly at Sunset. Dark mode has not once switched automatically. I've reset and am on the latest operating system. Just wondering if anyone is having a similar problem or if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Racxius
    [link] [comments]

    Cracked in a case

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    Yesterday, I bought an "otterbox" case from a retailer who also deals with my phone company. Today, I dropped my iPhone XS and the back glass absolutely shattered with the phone inside, everything else is fine.

    Two questions. 1. Is there such thing as an authentic Otterbox Traction in Black on White (mainly white with black splatters)

    1. Has anyone else here repaired a cracked back glass in Ontario and if so, how much did it cost you?
    submitted by /u/Prism3
    [link] [comments]

    Any free apps that let you shoot 24fps?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    Or is there any way to get 24fps footage in the native app? I'm sick of only getting the option of 30 and 60.

    submitted by /u/Super8guy1976
    [link] [comments]

    Lmao wut

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    A very stupid question about alarms

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    Ok this is pretty idiotic but I'm having a problem with the alarms on my 7+. My alarm rings, I hit "stop" and it proceeds to ring every 10 minutes until I actually go into the alarm section and switch it to off. I didn't hit snooze, I hit stop. For the love of god how do I set it to just turn off when I hit it like a normal alarm clock ??

    submitted by /u/ripyurballsoff
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13 iMessage “delivered” only messages

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    So I had used ios13 public beta for the past couple of months and iMessage worked fine. But lately one friend of mine has been just seeing delivered on her end and the same thing on mine. We never see read on our messages since going to ios 13.2 stable. Is anyone else seeing this or having this issue? Is there a fix?

    Things I've tried:

    • checking read receipts on both devices
    • turning off iMessage and rebooting
    • signing out of iMessage and rebooting
    • checking iMessage settings for conversations to be sent from phone number first

    Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/badst33l
    [link] [comments]

    Is Find no longer available as a widget on the today view?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    iPhone 7. Just upgraded to iOS 13. Used to have find my friends as a widget. Is This functionality no longer available on the furthest left home screen?

    Ps. The green bubble in Dark mode messages is blinding.

    submitted by /u/Quellman
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max Cameras

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    I have the 11 Pro Max and my wife has 11 Pro. My photos look different than hers, they look richer, more flesh toned than hers. I compared all settings and they appear to be the same. Is there a difference??

    submitted by /u/MyBathroomBreak
    [link] [comments]

    How to Protect your iPhone from Security Threats

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    Moving.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    I wanna move from my current Android phone to an iPhone 7. Thing is, I'm gonna sell my current phone, so Move to iOS is not an option.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/YesImTheKiwi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel