• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 12, 2019

    iPad Honestly the multitasking iPadOS allows and the utility of the Apple Pencil makes university note-taking and reading an absolute joy. How has the iPad improved your work ethic/method?

    iPad Honestly the multitasking iPadOS allows and the utility of the Apple Pencil makes university note-taking and reading an absolute joy. How has the iPad improved your work ethic/method?


    Honestly the multitasking iPadOS allows and the utility of the Apple Pencil makes university note-taking and reading an absolute joy. How has the iPad improved your work ethic/method?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    Last year my computer was dying so I decided to buy an iPad (2018) and an Apple Pencil and try it out. Money well spent.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    My Top Apps I use for the iPad

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:18 AM PDT

    I have been using the 11" iPad Pro (2018) for the past couple of months and thought I'd share my thoughts on it solely from the perspective of a non-student, working adult. Listed below are some apps I use on a daily basis.


    Background:

    Working adult who owns a Macbook pro (2014), Samsung Galaxy s10+, and of course the 11" iPad Pro (2018) with 256gb storage and 2nd gen Apple Pencil.


    iPadOS: I thought that this should be first on my list before I dive into the apps I use. The iPadOS system was one of the main reasons why I decided to get it in the first place. After its announcement earlier part of this year, I scoured the Internet for beta reviews and this subreddit for the users' experience of this upgrade. This certainly did not fail to impress and when iPadOS was officially released, I immediately upgraded. The main highlight for me was the ability to connect an external storage to the iPad pro. I edit photos in Lightroom and having a tablet that connects my SD card with pictures taken from my Sony A6500 camera allows me to edit on the go.


    Productivity

    1. Outlook: I have never enjoyed the user interface of the default Mail app. As I have a windows email, Outlook is the best alternative. It allows me to sync my mails across multiple devices and it even has a dedicated dark mode.

    2. Goodnotes: I know there's a never ending comparison between Goodnotes and Notability. Personally, I just settled for the cheaper option. Goodnotes allow me to write notes with my apple pencil from online lectures from Edx. Currently, I'm learning python and statistics as part of work. Having an app that organises my notes accordingly helps me stay focused. Goodnotes also allows me to take scanned copies of my receipts and compile it into a pdf file for my office claims. (eg. 3 receipts per page).

    3. Dropbox: I've been an avid Dropbox user. It syncs across all my devices and having stuff accessible in the cloud across various platforms makes it one of the most useful apps. It even has a scan document feature which I use often to scan my work receipts.

    4. Ticktick: My go-to todo app. First got it for my s10 and it syncs across all my devices. Clean and simple UI. I enjoy its ability to transcribe what I type into a todo immediately. (for eg. "Buy milk tomorrow at 2pm" adds a todo immediately with all the fields required)

    5. Safari: iPadOS has vastly improved how Web pages show on the iPad Pro. Now with the feature to display desktop Web pages and the ability to download files from the browser has made the iPad a powerful machine. I use WhatsApp Web on safari to communicate with friends and colleagues. The only downside is that it doesn't alert you of notifications.

    6. Gladys: Very useful shelf app that allows you to copy pictures/text/links into a virtual shelf app and pasting from the app to your destination. Definitely an essential app.


    Media and Entertainment

    1. Netflix: This app needs no introduction, very useful when you can download and watch shows on the go.

    2. NPlayer: In my opinion the best video player for the iPad. It plays mkv files smoothly and connects to my MacBook pro so I can download videos directly to the app, or simply stream from it.

    3. Safari's YouTube: Way better than the default YouTube app. Even more useful when you use an ad blocker to block all ads. Oftentimes, I find myself playing Study music (chillstep) with the iPad screen off while studying.

    4. Spotify: another app that needs no introduction. The new interface looks phenomenal on the iPad.

    5. Slide: I've tried various reddit clients and I always find myself coming back to this reddit client. This is the only app that fully optimizes the screen's estate. Similar to Pinterest with its ability to see all posts in one screen. I like how it highlights new comments to a thread you've previously visited too.

    6. Altstore: Gameboy, Gameboy advanced, SNES, N64 GAMES on your iPad. Pair it with my ps4 controller and you've got a mobile gaming machine. What more is there to say?

    7. Lightroom: As mentioned above, having the ability to connect my SD Card allows me to edit photos on the go. Having the ability to backup my raw files is also a huge plus.

    8. Feedly: RSS Reader that keeps me updated on the latest news.


    Misc.

    1. YNAB classic: I've been using this app for 5 years. This budgeting app keeps me on track towards my financial goals. Assigning every dollar allows me to see where my money is going to. Also allows syncing across all my devices. A must have in my cards.

    2. 1Password: I got this app when I bought my MacBook pro back in 2015. This app helps to store all my passwords. The iPad Pro's ability to use Face ID to unlock 1Password makes it even more convenient whenever I need to unlock 1password.

    Love to hear your top Apps you use for the iPad!

    submitted by /u/GabrielXCrescendo
    [link] [comments]

    Buying Ipad Pro Now??!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:18 AM PDT

    My first Semester starts in a week and Im looking forward in buying an Ipad Pro for studies. My problem atm is that I dont wanna buy one now, if new Ipad pros are gonna be released next month. Do you guys think if the improvements are going to make it worth the wait? Or that the price of the old Ipad Pros might drop alot?

    submitted by /u/Fr0stiii
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone experiencing poor battery life on the ipad pro 10.5?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:12 AM PDT

    I bought this two years ago and as far as i can recall, it didnt really have good battery life.

    However the deal is when i see reviews everyone seems like their ipad pro has impeccable battery and it just makes me feel that i bought a defected device. Its kinda sad for me.

    When i watch youtube videos at about half brightness, i can only get like 6 to 6 and a half hours of battery life, whereas there's a review of having over 8hours at 80percent brightness.

    Is it just me or is anybody else having the same issues? I ran a diagnostic just in case, but the results said 89% of max battery health, so i dont think the battery is too worn off.

    submitted by /u/shuuuumama
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 3 White Spots or Stuck Pixels

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm a relatively new iPad owner. I did own the 2017 iPad but have decided to upgrade to the Air 3, mostly for the pen support and better processor. I've debated between this or the iPad Pro 10.5 but ultimately went with the Air. What swayed me from the Pro 10.5 was the white spot issue. Seems to be a pretty common occurence. Now I have this fear of getting this problem on my Air. Googled and a few have reported something like this happening. Now I'm a little paranoid about pressing too hard with the pencil or anything. Is this problem actually caused by pressure? I've read somebody say that what caused such frequent problems with the Pro was the screen design itself?

    submitted by /u/unremarkable-me
    [link] [comments]

    sync music to iphone after replacing mac with ipad pro

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:59 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I've always used iTunes to sync my private music to my phone via iTunes in the past. Now with Catalina, the finder will take over that role.

    However I am considering replacing my MacBook with an Ipad pro, I don't have many "out of the box" use cases for my laptop /laptop replacement.

    The only thing I'm struggling with, in my decision is: How can I continue to sync private media such as videos, music and so on that will be on my iPad (or Icloud, dropbox, external hard drive) to my iPhone.

    At the moment I can't see how this would work and therefore the main issue with replacing my mac is actually an apple internal issue. I'm thankful for any advice on this part

    (as a bonus question(does the iPad pro have enough" juice" power to power external drives without an external power supply?)

    submitted by /u/pinkfllwyd
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know which flash drive to use on my iPad air 3?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:15 AM PDT

    I have an ipad air 3 and I want a memory stick to use for it. I currenlty have this one:

    www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ50C-016G-B35W-Cruzer-Blade-Flash/dp/B00E1F0J06&ved=2ahUKEwjIqNrRjpflAhVjQxUIHZpLBUMQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1_B-mzI58QlTNN-bwOUVBS

    However when I plug it into my USB adapter it says it requires too much power, even when the ipad is plugged in to charge?

    So how do I know which ones I can use that domt require too much power?

    submitted by /u/miles564
    [link] [comments]

    Can you mark/highlight in Books?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 07:22 AM PDT

    I was wondering if i could buy my textbooks for school online and mark or underline important things. I know you can mark in a pdf but can you do it directly in a book i buy digitally?

    submitted by /u/Linus_Joshua
    [link] [comments]

    What am I doing wrong ? SMB connection not able to get the shared folder content, using iPad File app ? (Folder is FAT32 shared over Windows 10, accessible from other non-ios devices)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    Enjoying my 'new' iPad Air 2! :)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 11:55 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/sw9ECsZ.jpg

    Hey guys! Kinda new here. A family member gave me an iPad Air 2 in a great condition! Was in a very little use. Immediately upgraded to iPadOS 13 and wow - hard to believe this device is 4-5 years old.

    It looks great, very smooth, battery is good etc. Really enjoying the multitasking and unique features!

    1. Any other iPad Air 2 users left here? How's your experience? Guess if I like the iPad concept, I will upgrade it in the future
    2. what are the must have apps/games I need to check?
    3. What do you guys mainly use your iPads for? Whats the phone/tablet use split?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/TopTomy
    [link] [comments]

    6th gen iPad acts weird with pencil..

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:46 PM PDT

    Hoping someone can help me. I have the 6th gen iPad with Apple Pencil and it is so glitchy. When I write, letters might disappear or go wiggly. The lower portion of my screen is the worst for this. I also find that halfway through writing, it just stops. Like, my pencil does nothing whatsoever? I have to tap on a button within the app to make it work again. It's only the writing that seems to stop working as I'm able to tap the icons with the pencil.

    Just for an idea of what I'm using?

    • 6th gen (2018) iPad 9.7 inch.
    • generation 1 Apple Pencil.
    • noteshelf. I believe 2, it's the latest version.
    submitted by /u/funeralball
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to update iPad 4 Mini to newest iOS 13?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    I'm currently on the original iOS 10 that came with it but with Apple's history in breaking and/or making older models unabareably slow with their OS releases (for profit of course), I'm afraid to update. So does anybody any info on this? Should I stick with current iOS 10 until my favorite apps are no longer compatible or should I just update? Thanks in advanced.

    submitted by /u/peruytu
    [link] [comments]

    iPad OS13 on iPad Pro 10.5” - when I am reading a PDF on landscape mode... AND I swipe with one finger from the edge, a different app pops in over my reading material. How to stop this?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    It has also happened while viewing photos and I swipe my finger from the bezels. Instead of the next photo, a small version of a previous app pops in to the screen.

    Really annoying. I mean #REALLY ANNOYING

    Edit - other than that my iPad is a great device!

    submitted by /u/Redditforexploration
    [link] [comments]

    Need curved text on image

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    What is the sub's recommendation for an editor that can overlay text on a scanned image, with the text placed along a curved path?

    submitted by /u/Techn0dad
    [link] [comments]

    Picture in picture in iPadOS is only visible on home screen

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    Any body else noticed that picture in picture is kinda broken in iPadOS, the window is only visible in the home screen.. as soon as i open any app, the window stays in the background.

    The picture in picture window used to stay on top of any app opened.

    submitted by /u/Micheloomaxy
    [link] [comments]

    [iPad Pro] Concerned with the bending Issue - Wait for the new one?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:50 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    im currently in the market for a new iPad pro. I love the device, but im scared of bending it. With the current rumours (new iPad Pro in March 2020) i'm not sure whether I should wait or not. Do you guys think the bending will be fixed with the new Pro? And do you know how bad of an issue the bending is? Is it only a low%? I'd keep the iPad in a case

    submitted by /u/k6Impact
    [link] [comments]

    Old GoodNotes 5

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    Is there any possibility to download the older version of GoodNotes 5? When I was using it in May, it has been working pretty good IMO. The shape tool, the scrolling through the pages... Now it is not working as good as it used to work. When I want to make some shape (square or rectangle for example) I can't do it first time round. I need to delete it and redraw the lines over and over... I found some bugs when I'm in vertical scrolling (especially when I want to quickly swipe the pages) - the screen becomes white, the pages get stuck and... it moves me to random page (at the beginning or end of the document).

    submitted by /u/JohnCLNowak
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a garageBand (iOS) function similar to the desktop version of “command+k” ?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    On the desktop version of gB you can use your QWERTY keyboard to control instruments rather than clicking at them. Is there a function like that baked into the iOS version?

    submitted by /u/irpregmit
    [link] [comments]

    Using an iPad with a Camera (RAW + JPG files)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm hoping someone can shed some light on how I can use my iPad (2018) with my camera (Sony A7R3).

    My biggest difficult is separating the RAW files from the JPG files. The JPG files are around 20MB and the RAW files are around 40MB so it would be preferable if I could simply not import the RAW to the iPad, but I would be happy to import them then delete them if this is an option.

    What I've tried:

    • Photos app: It imports both files without giving an option, and I cant seem to isolate RAW or JPG within the app.

    • File Browser app: I was hoping to use the Browser app to copy only the JPG images but the search doesn't search for file extension, so typing in JPG returns no results (and file extensions are also hidden so I cant manually do this).

    • Darkroom app: Again I can't work out any way to separate the files in batch.

    • Lightroom App: I managed to create a new album and copy only JPG files to it, but how to I get this album back out of Lightroom? This would be the best option if I can manage to get the photos back out of Lightroom.

    • Pixelmator app: I purchased this as it was advertised as a Lightroom alternative but it doesn't seem to have any type of photo organization features.

    I would love to use the iPad on a holiday, copy the photos from my camera, reduce their size, do some quick editing then put online or show friends on the iPad itself. How to other people manage this?

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/poglet
    [link] [comments]

    Can't download stuff

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    iPad 6th gen, 2GB RAM. I will start a download on SonyLIV, Hotstar, Prime Video, NetFlix, just any app, even the software update from the Settings app (manual, not automatic while charging in the night.). Then I will let the iPad be, I don't even go to home or anything, I let the app stay open. I assumed, at first, something like downloading should work in the background. It didn't so I started letting the app be in the foreground but that doesn't work either.

    After a while, the screen turns off, and I come back after a while hoping the download is complete and what I find instead is the app has been closed and it has returned to the home screen. I've had the iPad for about 8 or 9 months and it has always been this way.

    What am I doing wrong? Or is it the RAM? This is my only Apple device so I don't quite know how things work.

    submitted by /u/vivektwr23
    [link] [comments]

    Do “3rd party” Apple Pencils (1st Gen.) exist? If so, which ones have you tried and recommend?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:18 AM PDT

    With iPadOS 13, how do you bring up the app search bar?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    I used to be able to swipe to the left from the first tab, and get a bar in where I can start typing the name of the app.

    Since upgrading to iOS I can't find how to get this search bar up anymore. I have tons of apps and I really don't want to have to look at the icons one by one to find my app. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/rayxi2dot71828
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel