• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 13, 2019

    Apple Macbook MacBook Air turned into a workstation!

    Apple Macbook MacBook Air turned into a workstation!


    MacBook Air turned into a workstation!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    What is the best free video editing software to use?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 11:13 PM PDT

    Yes I used google, I found some answers but I'd like to hear from real people rather than just an article.

    Im trying to edit videos much easier than using my ps4 but I just got into editing a few days ago so I don't know where to start honestly.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/snobberbogger99
    [link] [comments]

    Could My Repair Get More Expensive?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Last night, I dumped tea onto my 2017 MacBook Pro. I know, I know, I'm an idiot. The second it got hit by liquid, I instantly flipped it upside down. I was genuinely impressed by my reaction speed. It was unplugged and I made sure to shut it down. All visible liquid was dried and then I got a pin and paper towel, going between each key to mop up any liquid. Most of it landed on the trackpad but some ended up on the keyboard. Very little ended up being mopped up by my paper towel. I then flipped the MacBook upside down on a towel and left it overnight. In the morning no liquid was on the towel. I booked an appointment at an Apple store and the guy at the Genius Bar took it into the back to look at it. He said that I would need to replace the top case which will be $568 CAD. He said that it was impressive how little damage actually occurred and that no damage to the logic board was detected initially. How likely is it that they could find liquid damage on the logic board? Just wanting to know so that I can prepare myself for the worst.

    submitted by /u/Dianchie
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people buy macbook vs windows computers that are cheaper?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    Im interested in getting a macbook but Im wondering why some people may choose a macbook vs a windows pc/desktop which on the surface seems to do same for cheaper, are there certain tasks a macbook can do better than windows pcs?

    submitted by /u/Supaacool
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded from Macbook Pro 15" 2018 [i7 2.6GHz/512GB/16GB/Radeon 560X] to 15" 2018 [i9 2.9Ghz, 1TB SSD/32GB/Vega 20], Ask me Anything you want!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Just upgraded from Macbook Pro 15" 2018 [i7 2.6GHz, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon 560X] to Macbook Pro 15" 2018 [i9 2.9GHz 6 Core, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, Radeon Vega 20] Feel free to ask me anything guys for those of you curious what the difference in performance is like!

    How much did you buy it for?


    I bought the i7 2.6GHz/Radeon 560X/512GB SSD/16GB RAM {second hand} variant for around $2300 AUD ~ [$1562.34 USD] a couple months ago

    I bought the i9 2.9GHz/Radeon Vega 20/1TB SSD/32GB RAM {second hand} variant for around $3400 AUD ~ [$2309.55 USD] a week ago

    First impression


    First of all, my day to day usage pattern:

    • web development/programming in general
    • Android mobile application development with Java/React Native
    • frequently uses Microsoft Excel to document things
    • Have tons of Google chrome tabs opened on multiple Chrome windows
    • Laptop is almost always connected to 2 (1080p) external monitors
    • Play rocket league from time to time (I don't play other games though) on my Windows 10 bootcamp partition or natively on mac OS (I'm running Mojave 10.14.6)

    Honestly I don't think it's worth the upgrade because my workflow doesn't involve anything graphic intensive and I actually still have around 180 GB left out of the 512GB SSD. I also don't run virtual machines and I don't do any graphic design/video editing so it feels like more horsepower than what i require

    Any noticeable performance difference?


    FYI, I''ve always turned off the "automatic graphics switching" option in the Energy Saver to make sure that my laptop is using the discrete GPU (560x/Vega 20)

    Short answer:

    YES, but not a HUGE DIFFERENCE for my use case

    Long answer:

    Browsing: I use this chrome extension called Dark Reader which gives you the ability to turn every webpage white background to dark. If I try to use this extension when opening maps.google.com, google maps will lag on my chrome web browser when using the 560x variant but with the Vega 20 laptop the lag disappears and google maps becomes way more responsive on chrome web browser when using the dark mode with Dark Reader.

    Gaming:

    • Rocket League:I can play Rocket League natively on my mac OS Mojave on high quality graphical setting on the Vega 20 whereas before with the 560X, if I want everything to play smoothly I need to drop down to low quality (the game ran very smooth on Windows 10 bootcamp mode even on the 560x though). There are still a lot of lags though when a car gets destroyed or when someone joins the game/leaves the match on mac OS.

      Furthermore, with the i7 2.6GHz/16GB RAM/560X variant, if I try to browse reddit on my other external monitor when playing Rocket League on my laptop screen, the laptop will struggle to scroll through reddit posts (there are tons of lags when scrolling). However, when using the Vega 20 variant of the laptop with 32GB of RAM, I can play Rocket League on one monitor and scroll through reddit posts on my other monitor at the same time without a hitch, so there's definitely some significant performance boost when multitasking with a graphic intensive application running in the background

    • Deus Ex Mankind Divided: on Windows 10 Bootcamp can now run quite smoothly on 1600 x 900, medium preset whereas with the 560x, I can only go as far as 1366 x 768, low preset.

    Coding: Scrolling through a long json file on Visual Studio code or any other long source code file is noticeably smoother on the Vega 20 Variant.

    16GB vs 32GB RAM?


    Honestly I haven't seen much difference between the two. Again, that's because I don't run virtual machines or anything like that though. I'll try to use the laptop for a few days and see if there's a difference when opening up 25+ tabs on each Google Chrome browser window spread across multiple screens haha


    That's it for now, I haven't tested other things. I'm writing this purely for those of you who are curious if there's any noticeable performance difference between the two and I have 30/40 mins to burn to write this post :)

    I hope it's informative!

    submitted by /u/blue2609
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 Controller not working on MacBook Pro

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:30 PM PDT

    I updated to Catalina and connected my controller via Bluetooth, but I've tried to play three different games on Apple Arcade and my controller isn't working with any of them. I also checked to make sure the games are controller supported.

    submitted by /u/cft1848
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading 2011 MacBook by replacing Logic Board -- feasible?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a 13" 2011 MacBook Pro with a 2.3 GHz i5 and only 512 MB of GPU RAM (Intel Graphics 3000). If I were to purchase a different logic board, perhaps with an i7 and a better graphics card, is that a feasible replacement? I've worked on plenty of laptops and replaced parts, so I feel comfortable performing the repair, however I don't know if there are any other factors here that may impact whether or not the repair is successful. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TsuDoughNym
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished macbook pro 2015 in 2019?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    I want to buy a macbook pro 2015 but i am not sure if it is worth getting a refurbished one.

    Anyone got experience with refurbished macbooks? i need some tips and feedback before i buy one :)

    submitted by /u/stepan911
    [link] [comments]

    Planing on buying a MacBook today, Is the insurance worth it?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    After weeks of debating between the Pro and Air, I've decided to purchase the Air. At a $1200 price tag, I don't know if I want to spend another $200 for the insurance.

    submitted by /u/nidoalro
    [link] [comments]

    New user

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    Hi I got my MBA18 last week and its my first MacOS device but I was always an iPhone user so not everything is unknown to me. Now I would ask for your help cuz I can't connect my iPhone so that I can receive phonecalls on my Mac. I understand where to go in the settings and everything like that but I keep getting a error message on my phone that says in order to share calls the other device must be connected to the same Apple ID. Now that's where I'm stuck I am logged in with the same id I receive messages and sms even face time calls just fine but still no phonecalls. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DogD666
    [link] [comments]

    Quality of product from backmarket?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    Hi all, I'm up in the air between getting a used macbook from ebay (had a bad experience previously and am tempted to avoid) or backmarket, or amazon. Backmarket seems to be an aggregator for a bunch of refurbishers. Many of the Amazon refurbishers are getting bad to okay reviews. Sadly my last seller on ebay gave me a crap computer despite good reviews.

    Sadly an Apple refurbished from their website is out of my price range.

    Advice please?

    submitted by /u/verbeniam
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro (2017) battery drain when connected to external monitor

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:52 AM PDT

    I have had my macbook for a year and recently bought a 4k monitor. The mac connects to the monitor via displayport. The problem is the normal battery can last me 8-9 hours but when connected to the monitor its reduced to 3 hours. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Thats-unpossible-
    [link] [comments]

    Tinny sound

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    I've purchased the Macbook Air 2018 and I've noticed that sometimes the sound sounds tinny at some parts of songs and movies (especially the sound of the start of youtube premium shows). I don't know if there's a defect with my macbook or it's a common issue, please help if you can.

    submitted by /u/buteraz93
    [link] [comments]

    Lost 10% of battery in 3 hours of sleep. MacOS Catalina

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    Am I the only one, that's all I want to know?

    submitted by /u/KNJC
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina. They removed the Dashboard! It had some important data there. where can I find it now?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:23 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel