• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    Apple Help help!!! please!!! after resetting i’m trying to redownload el captain and it simply won’t budge, staying around this time stamp and fluctuating up and down, the bar is also not moving even a little bit and it’s been going for about an hour

    Apple Help help!!! please!!! after resetting i’m trying to redownload el captain and it simply won’t budge, staying around this time stamp and fluctuating up and down, the bar is also not moving even a little bit and it’s been going for about an hour


    help!!! please!!! after resetting i’m trying to redownload el captain and it simply won’t budge, staying around this time stamp and fluctuating up and down, the bar is also not moving even a little bit and it’s been going for about an hour

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    Need help adding back the web search engine and back & forward buttons.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro top case is cracking open. Help to glue it back. (Epoxy didn’t work)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Do you now know how to get the Apple TV channels for free after buying this year's new iPhones?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    iCloud not backing up new iPhone to most recent backup

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    Just recently backed up iPhone 7 iCloud data in order to transfer over data to new iPhone 11. When iPhone 7 is plugged into iTunes, it states my most recent backup as earlier when I did it. When I plug in new iPhone 11 to transfer over iPhone 7 data, it restores the iPhone to a very old backup version. Does not show latest iCloud update either. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, this is so frustrating! Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/raaadmads
    [link] [comments]

    What is this?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    Total Calories Seems Buggy - anyone else having issues with the Activity app not always showing total calories? Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 Failed to Update to iOS 13 (Error 14)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    A family friend of ours is in a really shitty situation. I'm usually the go-to for taking care of things like this, particularly on Apple devices, but I am absolutely stuck.

    Our friend was updating her iPhone 8 (GSM) to iOS 13 using a USB cable and a Windows 10 computer. The update failed a little less than halfway through, throwing error 14 and saying the phone needed to be restored. She immediately unplugged it and brought it to Verizon. They didn't do anything to it, just listened to her story and told her to restore it. Same story at the Apple Store.

    Here's the problem: she is about six weeks postpartum and alllll of her baby pictures are on this phone. She's not tech-savvy, she didn't even realize iCloud Photo Library was a thing (trust me, she knows all about it now), and she does not have a backup of the device.

    I have the phone now. I was hoping maybe it was just in DFU or recovery mode and could be booted out, but no such luck. It is stuck in recovery mode, and I've tried on my Windows 10 machine and two different MacBook Pros, one running Catalina and one running Mojave. iTunes (or Finder, in the case of Catalina) tries to update, gets a little more than half way through, the update fails with error 14, the progress bar rolls back to a little less than half way, and there it stays until the phone is unplugged (I let it sit for hours last night).

    Please tell me there's something I'm overlooking. The owner of this phone is the sweetest human being you could ever meet, she's having a really tough time right now, and the last thing I want is to fail to recover this thing and have to tell her she's never going to see those pictures again. I was careful not to give her any hope, I know sometimes there's only one way out of a brick, but man I was hoping I could save this.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/rob8086
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to transfer photos from Galaxy S8 to iPhone?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    Got my iPhone XS Max a few days ago and I've been wondering what's the best way to transfer photos without too much hassle? Are there any apps for this or is transferring photos from s8 to mac and then to iphone my best option?

    submitted by /u/philiosking
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do with a totaled 2017 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    R.I.P. to my friend. Our relationship was too short.

    I spilled coffee on it and fried the logic board, with apparently a fan or two also sticking. I'm buying a new one as it's simply easier, but my question to you knowledgeable folks is this:

    Can anything be done with it? Will anybody pay for the parts or anything?

    submitted by /u/moonpies4everyone
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone SE does not power on or charge, no matter how long it is left on a charging lead

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    Haptic Feedback In Text Field

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:28 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I've been having this issue since maybe iOS 13.1. When I go to click the text field in messages to send a text, I'll get this little feedback like I'm 3D pressing something. It'll happen maybe every other time I go to click it which is causing me to believe maybe it's a bug. Trying to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue

    submitted by /u/Smply_Rckless
    [link] [comments]

    This may be stupid but what am I supposed to do? I got this email and it says that it will change my current carrier to AT& T but I haven’t changed my carrier...

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    HELP! 7+ Stuck in Boot Loop after 13.1.3 Update!!! Can Not Hard Reset, Home "Button" Disabled, Will Not Reset Through iTunes!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    Hi, if anyone knows what I can do to fix this I would be very grateful!

    Before the update my phone's home button/sensor suddenly sent me a message that it was not able to be used (or something more technical than that) and it was suddenly disabled. So, a day or so later it started the "Boot Screen Loop" which wouldn't stop. I found out I could plug it into my computer and hook into iTunes and do a restore (reset wouldn't work) by holding the down volume and the button on the right on the phone which will turn off the screen or the phone, depending. This finally worked after many tries and I had to speak to Siri to get anywhere on my phone triple touching the login or anything from any screen allowed me to move slightly and scroll was stuck in the "maybe I'll work, maybe I won't" mode.... I chose to turn off Siri's voice as she annoyingly spoke everything I did. I then turned on Assistive Touch and VOILA! I had a home button and a phone which scrolled and worked just fine. WELL...... i HAD A NOTIFICATION TO DO THE 13.1.3 UPDATE AND SO I SELECTED THE THING! (DERP DERP DERP!) AND NOW I'M BACK IN BOOT MODE LOOP AND IT WON'T RESTORE OR RESET NO MATTER WHAT I DO! Asurion wants 300.00 for my insurance claim for an iPhone 7+ 2016!??! I so can't pay that and I'm in a PICKLE! ANY TECH GENIUSES OUT THERE WHICH CAN HELP ME SOLVE THE MYSTERY WITH OUT ME HAVING TO PAY 300 BUCKS FOR ANOTHER 7+ ???

    Thank you so much in advance.

    submitted by /u/GoodGrahammer
    [link] [comments]

    Notes won't sync to iCloud

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:30 PM PDT

    I'm having a problem with the notes app across all the OS platforms. Any note changes that I make on my iMac or iPhone won't upload to iCloud. However, any note changes that I make on iCloud.com gets pushed down to all my devices. All devices are up to date and I have tried to turn off and back on iCloud notes on both devices but nothing changes. I have also "updated" reminders on both devices. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/hamndchs
    [link] [comments]

    4" USB-C to Lightning cable?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    I'm looking everywhere for one to use with a charging station, but the shortest I can find is a 3 footer. Anyone have a lead on a shorty?

    submitted by /u/kenazo
    [link] [comments]

    iPad mini A1432 with damaged display, I will use a third party. Is it worth fixing it? I will use it basically for reading PDF files.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:13 PM PDT

    I'm out of the US right now so I'll be paying around 60 USD, but I'm worried that it won't work properly due to iOS updates. thanks!

    submitted by /u/andipe220
    [link] [comments]

    Need to update iTunes, but no updates?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    Hello again. I got a new iPhone 8 and I wanna sync it with iTunes on my Mac Book Air. I connected the phone, and I got a message that I need to have iTunes 12.7 or higher. I clicked the update button, it took me to the app store where it says no new updates. I am confused. How should I update if there are no updates to download? Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you. Merci.

    submitted by /u/Nightfall90z
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina: black screen on wake front sleep

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    A couple of days ago, I installed Catalina on my mid-2012 13" MacBook Pro. I immediately had problems; waking from sleep (upon opening the lid) my Mac shows a black screen. Keyboard lights and screen backlight clearly turn on, but no visuals otherwise.

    To get away from this screen, I need to force shutdown the laptop. On startup, it starts 'Veryfing' every app I start. After a forced shutdown, it verifies the same apps again. This makes startup very slow and my laptop nearly unusable.

    I looked up the problem. Most answer point in the direction of the SMC and the NVRAM/PRAM, both of which I reset. Another forum post I found suggested to boot into Safe Mode. The problem does not exist here. However, afterwards it returned.

    I also reinstalled Catalina from recovery, without formatting the volume.

    I am contemplating wiping&reinstalling Catalina (or maybe Mojave).

    Does anyone have any suggestion I can try before doing a complete reinstall?

    submitted by /u/toinehartman
    [link] [comments]

    is there any way i can get my battery up to peak performance again without replacing the battery?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    is there any way i can get my battery up to peak performance again? its maximum capacity is 97 and i can still but apple care plus. it is an iphone 7 and its on ios 13.1.3

    submitted by /u/nickbarb28
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone wireless charging question

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Hello, I just got my iphone 11 pro max and I also got a Samsung wireless charger that someone recommended I get. It says on the package that the light will turn green once my phone is fully charged, however I notice that the light stays red/orange even after my phone reaches 100%. Does anyone else have that same issue with their iPhone? Just wanted to rule out a defective unit if anything. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SkyfireRain
    [link] [comments]

    Crossed out symbol, trying to reinstall.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    I'm trying to reinstall Mac OS because I can't boot up normally I get the crossed out symbol. I can't partition or erase the main hard drive.

    I took a video if it would help. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

    https://youtu.be/YLtaJqfMH4w

    submitted by /u/Skazius
    [link] [comments]

    Does the MacBook Pro get damaged easily from drops?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    My 2017 MBP fell today approximately 2.5 feet from my bed onto hardwood floor. It fell flat on its bottom with the Apple logo facing up. Right now, it seems like there are no problems. I am just concerned that there may be possible problems that could start showing up overtime or in a few days. Should I be worried and do these laptops normally stay strong with the types of drop I experience?

    submitted by /u/bypiano
    [link] [comments]

    Advice to buy a second hand Macbook

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    Hello,

    i would like a macbook pro (min 256 gb, 8go), and i was thinking maybe I could buy it second hand.

    But I don't know wich model to take. Is a macbook pro 2016 too old ?

    Have you any advice in general about it ?

    Thank you !

    submitted by /u/Emi521
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel