• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 12, 2019

    Apple Help Dropped ipad, part of screen black but still responsive, best course of action?

    Apple Help Dropped ipad, part of screen black but still responsive, best course of action?


    Dropped ipad, part of screen black but still responsive, best course of action?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    so i got this pop up and have no idea what it means, can anyone help ?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:45 PM PDT

    Why can’t Siri do as I ask? (Apple Watch S4)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    New iPhone 11 front camera worse than iPhone 6s?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    I just got an iPhone 11 to replace my iPhone 6s of many years. The first thing I noticed when I was trying out the camera is that the iPhone 11 front-facing camera seems to blur my skin and make it look like I photoshopped myself.

    I hate it becuase blurring my face means getting rid of a lot of the details and shadows. It looks so obvious against the rest of the photo and it makes me look like I'm doing it on purpose. Not only that, but it's ugly and ends up a low quality photo.

    I searched online and apparently this was also a problem with the iPhone X, but it was supposed to be fixed with iOS 12.1. My phone is already on iOS 13. I tried turning on and off Smart HDR and nothing happened.

    Is there anything I can do about this??

    submitted by /u/koakova
    [link] [comments]

    Attempts to upgrade to 13.1.2 Killed my iPAD

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:10 PM PDT

    Has anyone experienced issues upgrading to 13.1.2?

    My IPAD had been functioning perfectly fine was on the most recent version of iOS 12 and had never had an indication of any problem. Then when it tried to update to iOS 13.1.2 over wifi it received "unable to verify update" errors. I tried several times to update it with reboots and nothing worked. After some searching, I found instructions telling me to use itunes to update the ipad (worst mistake ever). After attempting to update via itunes i got an error saying it failed and now it will not boot past the Apple logo or the "plug into itunes" screen.

    I took it to the Apple store and spent an hour there for them to try and restore the device. Unfortunately they were not able to restore it and received a 21 error code which indicates a "hardware" issue but at home I get a 2009 error code. The store manager said all they could do is let me buy a new ipad at 10% off or the same iPad generation at discount as well. She said that it was a hardware issue and that the warranty was expired.

    I have a hard time believing that the update is not to blame and I can't believe they expect me to just buy a new iPad. Has anyone else had issues with 13.1.2?

    submitted by /u/always_lurking-vb
    [link] [comments]

    2011 MBP won't boot after resetting SMC/PRAM, in Safe Mode, in Recovery Mode, and Target Mode shows no issues. Screencaps of load screens from Verbose Mode included within.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    Yes, I know it's an ancient computer. I don't remember which OS it's running (best guess is 10.12?) because a few years back I tried upgrading it to the then-new OS version and it made the thing unusable. I restored the previous state and moved on to a newer computer, putting this MBP on the back burner. I've basically only been using it as a Plex Media Server.

    I was surprised on Friday afternoon to find that it was in the middle of an unprompted reboot, and it wouldn't stop rebooting itself. I turned it off, tried resetting the PRAM and SMC, no luck. I get the grey Apple screen with a progress bar, and when it reaches about 33% complete the screen goes light grey and the thing goes unresponsive.

    Same result trying to boot it into Safe Mode, trying to boot it into Recovery Mode gets me a grey globe with a "booting from Internet this may take a awhile" and then the light grey unresponsive screen comes back.

    I've booted it into Target Mode, attached it to another Mac and run Disk Utility on it. First Aid came back with no repairs required, getting green checks all around. No luck rebooting again after that, tried the PRAM and SMC resets again.

    Lacking all other avenues, I tried booting it in Verbose Mode, which loaded up a slew of text that flew by before going back to the light grey unresponsive screen. I did it once more, but shot a sorry-it's-not-clearer video (that does get clearer by the end) of the text since it went so fast. Here is an album of screen caps:

    Video screen caps of Verbose Mode boot of old MBP that isn't loading

    Any ideas? Unfortunately I have no local backup but should have a full mirror of it via BackBlaze. Should I just get them to send on a restore HD and try clone it onto the MBP? Any other things I should try out before doing that?

    submitted by /u/wharpua
    [link] [comments]

    Photos are taking up so much space on my phone even with "Optimize Phone Storage" on.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    20GB+ of space is taken by my photos, like I said, even with "Optimize Phone Storage" turned on in Settings. Is there any way to just not keep any photos on the phone at all once they are backed up to iCloud?

    submitted by /u/Indyhouse
    [link] [comments]

    Ever since the update to iOS 13, I keep having to re-enter my Apple ID password.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on a 6s, and every few days it makes me enter my password when I unlock it.

    submitted by /u/Barbaro_12487
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes purchase with a stolen card

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    Hello, my mothers card was stolen in her house buy a guest and used to buy some stuff in iTunes store. Is there any chance to get information about the user who did it? The problem is he stole way more than just a card, and Police can't do anything. If I would know at least apple id, or location of purchase, than in 90% I would be able to know who it was and could use it as evidence or at least be sure about the person who did it.

    Card was very rarely used by my mother, so she find out it was stolen when purchase was made. That is why we can't accuse any particular guest. Apple support in my country couldn't say anything, but they said there can be the way to find it out.

    Please, help me! And sorry if I made too many mistakes with my English!

    submitted by /u/sagittarius_07
    [link] [comments]

    Messages not going through to Android users.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    Phone: iPhone XS Max Provider: T-Mobile

    My dad and sister use Android devices. As of today, I am unable to send them messages via the Messages. app. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My messages are only going through to other iPhone users.

    submitted by /u/305medicalthrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    icloud and photos

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:21 PM PDT

    hi. i just turned off the option for icloud photos because i had 11,000 and needed more space on my phone (7s) so they are all in the icloud. great. from what i understand, which isn't much, is that if i turn it back on icloud will download all the pics back to my phone, which i do not want. but i do want to be able to upload new pics to the cloud. can someone ELI5 if i am able to even do that and if so, how. i am very non tech savvy. thanks in advance for your time.

    submitted by /u/theflameburntout
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with my MacBook. I can type in my password and, through Siri, Open apps. This is just the display.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    Using TV app with 2 Apple IDs on iPad?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Is it possible to use 2 different IDs with the TV app. Its possible on the Apple TV itself and on Catalina (albeit you have to sign out and in between the different accounts on a Mac). But when I try to switch accounts on an iPad I get the 90 day restriction warning. Is there a way to bypass this restriction on an iPad

    submitted by /u/brian017
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot update Apple Watch 3 to WatchOS 6

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:18 PM PDT

    Hey folks, I have an Apple Watch 3, 38mm (A1858). My phone is on iOS 13.1.2, and when I open up my Watch app, it tells me "watchOS 5.3.2. Your software is up to date".

    How is this possible when Apple has published that the Watch 3 is compatible with watchOS6? Has watchOS 6 not been released yet for the Watch 3?

    submitted by /u/dumbeinsteinASU0101
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro battery capacity significantly decreases with each charge cycle + battery draining.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Howdy, I have a Macbook Pro (mid-2010) running High Sierra that I haven't made any internal upgrades to other than a battery replacement just a year ago. I bought the battery and a new power cable from an authorized Apple store.

    I'd like to make this post as short and simple as I can, so here goes. The battery seems to be draining faster than ever, even more so than the stock battery did that I used for for nearly a decade. The battery will slowly discharge as normal for about an hour or two (which by this time the battery will be around 50-60%) and suddenly it drains to <5% and within no time shuts off. To add to this it seems like the battery is charging slower than it should; according to coconutBattery the wattage which the battery charges at sometimes sits around 10-15W, other times less. The power cable/charger is a 60W adapter and matches the battery. Finally, and what I'm worried about most is how fast the capacity on this new battery is draining. Again using coconutBattery I'm keeping track of all the stats and as a comparison after 120 cycles (~7 months after battery replacement) the capacity sat at 99%, and over the last three cycles this week it has dropped by 4% each time. I understand these numbers may be estimates but just to put things in comparison the last time I saw numbers these low I was getting warnings to service my battery.

    I'm at wits' end here with no clue what to do. I have done a SMC reset, a VRAM/PRAM reset, and for the sake of things tried my older 60W Magsafe plus other outlets around the house. No matter what program(s) I have open the battery continues to have the problem of suddenly draining, anything from having just a couple tabs open to streaming movies. The current power cable I have is authentic and Apple-branded, the battery (I believe) is legitimate and is what the store sold me although it doesn't appear to be the same brand preinstalled in new machines.

    Worst comes to worst I'll pay another visit to the store and see what they can do but I'd figure I would ask for some guidance here first.

    If any additional information is needed I'd be happy to comment or edit it in. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Highmaul
    [link] [comments]

    How to keep Video Recording when someone interrupts with a Call / Facetime?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    I'm trying to keep a video recording but when people call or facetime me, it interrupts it.

    I have the iPhone 8 Plus and it's updated with the latest software (13.1.2).

    and please don't just say block the person

    submitted by /u/sniper1905
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13 - Camera won't take a photo right away

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    I'm trying to help a family member who left a voicemail regarding an issue they're having taking photos on iOS 13 on iPhone XR. I'm unable to be with them in-person so it's tough to witness what's happening... but he's saying when he tries to take a photo, it won't let him take the photo right away.. Or take another photo right after. Anyone know what might be occurring? That's the best description I'm able to relay forward.

    If anyone can go off that and suggest any solution or setting that needs to be tweaked, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know. Thanks

    submitted by /u/StrikeOfLightning
    [link] [comments]

    Help please: Moving all media from Google Photos to iCloud Photos

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I want to ditch Google Photos and move everything to iCloud Photos. I've watched videos and read articles but they're all wrong or incomplete. Does anyone know the correct way to do this? Here's what I've done:

    1. I went to Takeout.Google.com and downloaded a .zip file of all my photos/videos to my MBP. Easy enough.

    2. Once downloaded, Google makes a separate folder for every single day, so you end up with thousands of separate folders with a bunch of junk metadata.

    3. I went to iCloud photos and tried to upload a few photos/videos but they don't allow uploading videos, only .jpg files, and you can only upload one file (one days worth of media) at a time. Extremely tedious.

    4. Decided to upload the entire .zip file to the Photos app on my MBP. Easy enough except 180 photos/videos didn't upload because it couldn't read the metadata. The photos are all out of chronological order too.

    5. So now I have (almost) my entire library in the Photos app on my MBP and I have no idea what to do from here.

    I just want to ditch Google Photos and pay for a lot of storage in iCloud to store my entire photo/video library there. Help desperately needed.

    submitted by /u/TheKarlton
    [link] [comments]

    lost data on icloud

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    hey guys

    so i got a new phone a couple of hours ago, moved my data through icloud, and fully reset my older phone. looking through my pictures now, there is a 6 month gap.

    i was on the 5gb plan for a while and when i ran out of storage i just resorted to keeping my data locally till i grew sick of it last week and upgraded. my question is, does icloud automatically back up the data it didnt get to back up when the storage was full?

    im hoping it just needs time to restore everything since my apps arent all downloaded :(

    submitted by /u/lamashbb
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to rename "Marked Location" (dropped pin) in Apple Maps (macOS) ?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    I can't seem to find a way to do this. I created a "Collection" of Map markers on my iPhone .. and iOS seems to allow me to rename dropped-pins, however the custom name I type in isn't propagated to the Marker List.

    Those dropped pins seem to sync over to macOS,...but I don't see any way on macOS to rename them either.

    As it stands,. this makes the Maps "Collection" feature a bit useless. Say hypothetically I wanted to put 8 dropped pins,.. all 8 of them are named "Marked Location". Kinda makes it hard to tell them apart.

    submitted by /u/jmnugent
    [link] [comments]

    Specific contact wont show FaceTime and iMessage options in contact entry.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    The options do show up for other people the contact entry for the same person. Any idea how I can get them to show?

    submitted by /u/yaynative
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 7 doesn’t update to iOS13

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    There'a a bit of funkiness going on with some of the fonts in the new vertical writing feature in Pages. Is this a bug? Is there any way that I can contact apple regarding it?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:10 PM PDT

    With some of the 'standard fonts' (arial, times new roman, etc.), the full stop (small circle) is displayed in the wrong location. It is displayed on the left at the centreline instead of in the top right corner. However, if it is typed after specific kanji, it will display correctly, but if that kanji is edited, the full stop moves. (after 学校 it is displayed correctly, but if you change it to 大学校 it becomes incorrect. The same thing happens with the comma. In japanese fonts, such as YuMincho and YuMincho+36p Kana, they are always correct.

    Brackets/quotation marks are oriented incorrectly when using times new roman or arial, or pretty much any other standard font. They are oriented like they would be in horizontal text, which is different from the orientation in vertical text. The same is true for colons. However, in the Japanese fonts (YuMincho, etc.), they are displayed with the correct orientation.

    Here's a video of me typing in the new vertical text mode and showcasing the problems

    submitted by /u/I_Mr_Spock
    [link] [comments]

    Help with iBooks! In grad school and created multiple “collections” to sort through articles I’ve downloaded by category on my iPad, but the collections don’t sync to my MacBook. Sync is on, the collection folders show up but are empty. PDFs show up, but aren’t organized. Help..?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:06 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel