• Breaking News

    Friday, June 14, 2019

    macOS Finder bugged out in Catalina after waking from sleep, but i think i prefer this.

    macOS Finder bugged out in Catalina after waking from sleep, but i think i prefer this.


    Finder bugged out in Catalina after waking from sleep, but i think i prefer this.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    What are those files? Is it safe to delete?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 11:38 AM PDT

    In Finder one of my side-bar folders turns red when selected instead of the usual grey. Why?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    macOS Catalina to have zsh as default shell

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    External Hard Drives are disconnected after restarting/booting?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    Title pretty much says it all. I was wondering if this is how it is meant to be? Every time I restart my mac or boot it back up any connected external hard drives must be powered off, and then back on in order to show up. I've tried googling for fixes and I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?

    My specs are 2017 5k iMac, running Mojave. No other problems with external hard drives just this.

    https://imgur.com/a/7P8Pv73

    submitted by /u/danethe123
    [link] [comments]

    Audit tool to find all the legacy 32 bit apps?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    This would come in handy before the Catalina upgrade. Is there such a beast, from Apple or someone else?

    submitted by /u/ChesterRaffoon
    [link] [comments]

    Installing a program that requires 10.12+ on a 10.11 Mac.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    I've got a MacBook Pro that won't update past version 10.11, and a program that needs 10.12+ to install. Is there any work-around here? The program just reads medical data.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dekkalife
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini Setup

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    Locked MacBook's screen won't turn off after it's gotten a notification.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    Title.

    2017 Macbook Pro, Mojave 10.14.5

    Rebooting hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/Dr_collar_pauper
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcut for Terminal app

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    I can't figure out how to open the terminal app via a keyboard shortcut. I'm sorry if this has already been asked but my search turned up nothing.

    submitted by /u/perryous
    [link] [comments]

    External iMac displays not working anymore

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    My boss had 2 old 2014 iMacs (27") that were collecting dust. He let me use them as displays for my 2015 mb pro. I daisy chained the first iMac to the 2nd and plugged that thunderbolt 2 into my laptop. It was working fine in the morning and then i came back after lunch and 1 of the 2 iMacs was black. No matter how many times i restarted, replugged connectors it was no longer recognized. Can anyone provide any tips or advice to fix this? I tried plugging the 1 monitor individually into my laptop at a time and it still didn't turn on. Can't seem to find a physical power button either? Does it matter what thunderbolt port i use for chaining and plugging into my laptop?

    Edit: I am using Mojave 10.14.5. I come from a windows background so forgive me for not providing a piece of information

    Edit2: I apologize. They are actually no iMacs. They are Thunderbolt displays

    Edit 3: I figured out the problem. When i daisy chained the displays, the 1 connecting into the other display would lose power as soon as it plugs into the laptop. I had to plug both thunderbolts into my laptop and it works fine again. Weird intermittent power draw issue

    submitted by /u/bmathew5
    [link] [comments]

    how to change files in Payload package?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    For example i have .pkg installer, i has to change or modify installing files, they are in Playload package, i dont know how properly unpack it, re-pack properly

    submitted by /u/jordanslon
    [link] [comments]

    Not thinking.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    This morning I got a message that I was running out of storage space on my boot drive (A one terabyte SSD on a PCIx card). I looked and there were only four gigabytes left! So I spent about an hour dragging big stuff out of folders into some of the other drives on my Mac Pro - Finally, freed about 40 GB of space (out of a thousand GB). Then, just to be be sure, I rebooted. What do you know! Rebooting freed up about _400_ Gigabytes!

    Obviously, I was not thinking. Still, if I had rebooted first, I would have had a bunch of stuff on my drive I didn't need...

    submitted by /u/MisterRonsBasement
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina is unable to connect to my iPhone’s personal hotspot. Help!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 06:56 PM PDT

    It's unacceptable how bad PDF rendering is in MacOS Preview/Safari

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I've been a Mac user since 2008, and for as long as I can remember, PDF rendering has been terrible in MacOS/OSX. The fonts/images are blurry, when you zoom in/out the whole PDF seems to re-render on the fly, usually still blurry. I really don't understand it.

    For example, here is a PDF of a resume from latextemplates.com. If you open it in Safari or download and open it in Preview, it's a crap shoot whether it will look right or not, especially if you zoom in/out.

    Conversely, if you open the same pdf in Chrome or Adobe Acrobat, it renders perfectly. What is the deal with this? How is this still an issue?

    I've found a few posts on macrumors that discuses it, but no solution/fix from apple https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/blurry-pdf-rendering-in-preview.2074669/

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/pdfs-and-preview-%E2%80%94-why-so-blurry.2145687/

    submitted by /u/Quas_TheUnseen
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyone who knows Disk Inventory X? Is it safe to use? I want to be sure of it is safe because I don't want any malware on my computer.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    Require an AppleScript that shuts down a Mac Mini so it thinks it had a power failure

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    Hi. I suck at programming and I can't find anything on search about it. Can someone produce an AppleScript that does this?

    sudo shutdown -h -u now

    I created an less elegant bash but prefer not showing the terminal when it is run. I have already added no password to admin in visudo.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ichasecorals
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel