• Breaking News

    Friday, June 14, 2019

    Apple Watch Does anyone else hate it when the minute hand covers the date on the right?

    Apple Watch Does anyone else hate it when the minute hand covers the date on the right?


    Does anyone else hate it when the minute hand covers the date on the right?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    Series 4 watches are NOT made for swimming?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    I decided that my 6 month old series 4 SS, with 0 scratches (I'm ULTRA careful with my devices), watch was a great way to keep track of my swimming activity. According to all the commercials and documentation Apple says that it's made for this, right? Tons of commercials, the device says water resistant to 50m on the back, and with a few hours of searching I'm having problems finding cases where people have the problems with Apple that I'm experiencing.

    My local pool has a depth of 4.5 ft with a chlorine filtration system. After 45 minutes of swimming and playing with my kids, having looked at my watch numerous times, I decide that it's a good time for us to get back and grab some dinner. As I'm cooking dinner I notice that my wrist is getting pretty hot and... wait, is my screen off? Hrmm... That's weird. Ok, I guess my battery died. Onto the charger you go little watch.

    After we've eaten dinner I go back to put on my watch and finish the rest of my evening. But, the screen is still blank... Now this is strange. Let's shake the watch some, see if there's any water that comes out. Nope... Hrmm.... Well, let's just set it aside and let it lay for the night. Put it on the charger in the morning and... Still nothing later that day, and both the charger and watch are hot.

    Let's go read the Apple warranty, replacement, etc. From what I can tell, there's no reason that my watch should have failed. It's in great condition without a scratch, crack, etc. The crown and buttons look good without any visible damage. It sounds like a perfect warranty case. Time to get on the chat with Apple warranty.

    Apple advisor says that it sounds like water damage, we can do the express replacement option. They'll put a repair charge and the full price of the watch charge but they're refundable as long as they receive the watch and the review of the watch doesn't identify damage caused by me/abuse/damage. Cool!

    New watch comes in, I send the failed watch in, they receive it and 2 weeks later I'm still showing a repair charge. Ok, let's go check the status of my repair then; repair completed/closed. Hrmmm... I thought they'd post some findings or reason, something that indicates why they didn't issue a refund. Time to call.

    Thankfully I only had 1 transfer and the customer service advisor tells me that the repair cost isn't refundable because it's logged as water damage. Ummm... I know it was logged as that, but I was told I'd get a refund on the repair when they see it's in mint condition. This is an obvious manufacturers defect. They advertise you can swim with it, I swam in a regular chlorine pool with a maximum depth of 4.5ft for a total of 45 minutes. I can't find a single thing that says swimming in a pool with a series 4 is not recommended or covered. I CAN find multiple instances of Apple bragging that you can swim with this watch. So why am I having a problem getting this refund processed?

    They're continuing to argue with me about how water damage is not covered under warranty and that any repair costs. If I didn't have Apple Care it wouldn't have been covered at all and that's the only reason I'm out $75 instead of the full cost of the watch. They are extremely set in their ways about how water damage is 100% never ever covered, no matter what, and that this is normal.

    Has anyone else had issues with Apple in this same area? Google searches are only returning cases of "take it to the store" and then no updates. I'm PETRIFIED to take my watch anywhere near water again, and that REALLY sucks because our local pool doesn't have a clock anywhere. I guess my old Casio is going to get some new batteries because it really DOES work in water.

    submitted by /u/executor485
    [link] [comments]

    Canary Yellow Sport Band with Gold Apple Watch.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Autosleep users, I have a question..

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    Can anybody explain why the 12 hour clock mode shows that I slept through the day as opposed to the night?

    I can assure you i slept from around 2am till 8am but it shows as 14.00 to 20.00 as in the next day on the graph, yet the bottom text says 02:00-08:00. What!

    Its really irritating that it shows like this and its made me delete it a couple times already.

    After searching online and finding no answers as well as exploring its options menu myself im out of clues as to why its happening.

    It set to auto detect and i wear the watch to sleep.

    Photo attached. All reasons, ideas appreciated. Thanks

    photo showing my sleep time but on clock shows as pm as opposed to am

    submitted by /u/illzus
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch detects less calories when phone sits still

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    I've noticed that when im at work with my phone in my pocket the apple watch s4 seems to track more calories/movement. When I leave my phone to locker it only tracks half of the calories when doing the same ammount of activity, also the acticity ring is closing much slower when phone is not in the pocket

    submitted by /u/Rephyliini
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch shows numbers instead of contact names.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:36 AM PDT

    My dad and I both have Series 3 Apple Watches. My dad had this issue first, and I got it as well a while later. When you get a message or a call, the watch shows the person's phone number instead of their contact name. Wondering what the problem is and how to fix it. Thanks

    submitted by /u/glunkous
    [link] [comments]

    How does one change it so it tells what watch you have behind your name?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:30 AM PDT

    Title says it all

    submitted by /u/KasJul
    [link] [comments]

    Track speed on watch

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:37 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an app that will give me a split when rowing, ideally it would be time per 500m.

    From what I can see none of the Apple workouts can do it but I'm hoping there's an app out there that does it.

    submitted by /u/harrykendell
    [link] [comments]

    [SUPPORT] Series 3 Watch has lag and takes a minute to do anything.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    Watch OS: 5.2.1 iOS: 12.3.1

    iMessages do not push to the watch right away. I had my fiancee send me a message so I could see how quick it was pushing to the watch and noticed it kept changing from green (regular text) to blue (iMessage text) and then it would push to the watch. Before these problems started, it pushed almost instantly.

    Seems like there's a bigger battery drain on my watch since I've done the latest Watch OS update.

    Yesterday, the Apple Logo kept appearing and wouldn't go away until I did a hard reboot. When it restarted, I lost a big amount of battery.

    I'm about do to a complete reset and hope for the best but I figured I would ask here and see what folks think before I do.

    submitted by /u/the_green_glass_door
    [link] [comments]

    Fear of Series 4 in the pool

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I recently was gifted a 44mm aluminum series 4 and I know that the watch is water-resistant till 50m. However, is there a way to lessen my fears of the watch being a defect? Like putting a case or something? Any advice appreciated.

    submitted by /u/RandyHortin
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean? I’ve never seen it before and I just woke to it. It’s not responding to anything

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Vibration for alarm only

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:35 AM PDT

    Hello

    I managed to get quiet alarm by setting silent mode and activating haptic vibrations.

    Problem is I also have vibration for the notifications.

    I would like to have only vibrations for my alarm, does anyone know if it's possible ?

    Thank you !

    submitted by /u/ecaquot
    [link] [comments]

    Change band every day

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:17 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I have an apple watch 4 and I wanted to know if changing the band every day, the mechanism that blocks the strap tends to deteriorate more?

    This is because for daily physical activity I use a Sport Band while for daily life I have a Sport Loop.

    submitted by /u/PrimMaze
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to update my apple watch to OS6 with a windows pc?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:09 AM PDT

    I do not have access to a MAC unfortunately as i am on ios 13 i cant use my new watch

    submitted by /u/TheLewJD
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone with the watchOS 6 beta show me what time travel looks like?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:20 AM PDT

    I've heard that time travel was added back, and I haven't found any documentation on how it looks.

    submitted by /u/atillathebun11
    [link] [comments]

    Found a brand new discontinued sky blue official Apple band for a freaking steal on eBay!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    Apple Watch diagnostic tool- need s1 firmware!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:44 AM PDT

    I have a few demo s1 watches that I am trying to install normal os with. If anyone has firmware I can trade a few apple internal files I have. I have somewhere from 30-100gb of files

    https://imgshare.io/image/5fc1O https://imgshare.io/image/5fqEF https://imgshare.io/image/5fTq9 https://imgshare.io/image/5fHRQ

    submitted by /u/Mmiklosz
    [link] [comments]

    Favor I'm asking you terrific people

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 02:15 AM PDT

    So one of my friends is trying to buy a nice standard watch for a lady friend we both know without her knowing. He asked me to be in charge of finding out the size of her wrist. I asked her about her Apple watch and found out she uses the 4th opening on her 38mm standard band.

    Long story short, is there anyone using this type of band that could give me the measurement? Or is there a chart I could be pointed to? I looked everywhere without luck.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/BigBallerBryant
    [link] [comments]

    New watch faces in os 6 not showing up

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    I have recently upgraded my watch series 3 to version 6 but just have two new faces; missing others.any idea?

    submitted by /u/hatefpalizgar
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have any options?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    I got my series 3 Nike edition (42mm) as a package deal when I ordered my iPhone X. I believe I'm still just under one year. This morning I mowed the lawn, came inside to rest, tried using my watch and it was unresponsive. It wasn't until I went back outside and looked at it in the sun light that I saw a hairline crack. I know for a fact I didn't hit it on anything, I honestly don't know how it happened. I called att and messaged apple to see what could be done and it seemed as if I would have to cough up enough money to buy a new one. I don't have the money right now and I really don't want to continue to pay for this tech that can no longer do what I got it for.

    submitted by /u/Da816275
    [link] [comments]

    Videos of watchOS 6 on Series 2?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:27 AM PDT

    Anyone that can post or make one? I wanna know if my Watch is going to be too crappy on OS 6.

    submitted by /u/melbigsonasthebeaver
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch now on O2 (UK)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    If you're in the UK, you can now get the Apple Watch on O2 (joining EE and Vodafone). Just waiting for Three to catch up now!

    More information

    O2's plans

    submitted by /u/cheggyeggplant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel