• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 13, 2019

    Apple Macbook Beautiful!

    Apple Macbook Beautiful!


    Beautiful!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    Can my macbook pro use airplay 2.0 at 4k?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    https://support.apple.com/kb/sp704?locale=en_US

    Mid 2014 retina macbook pro with the i7. The website says

    HDMI video output

    Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz

    Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz

    Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz

    But that's through hdmi, if I'm using the wireless airplay to use a 4k screen can it then go at the normal 2160p 60fps? Just wondering before I buy a new tv, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Supes_man
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MacBook pro

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    Has anyone heard of any problems with the 13" 2019 MacBook pro? If not I'm goin to pick it up this week. I've never had a premium laptop

    submitted by /u/tristanurness2
    [link] [comments]

    Swollen battery causing bulging on 2017 15" rMBP w/ touch bar?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    I purchased a 2017 15" rMBP w/ touch bar just a couple days over two years ago. I primarily leave it at my desk plugged in to power, a USB hub, and two external monitors. I leave it clamshelled.

    It stays in this state for the majority of time. I was traveling for work this week and brought my MacBook with me for a change (I usually bring my iPad Pro instead) and when I got to the hotel, I sent it down on the desk in my room. I noticed when I went to open the lid, it nudged back on the desk as if it wasn't sitting flush with the surface.

    I thought the desk was tilted so I tried a different flat surface but same thing - if I nudged it, it would slide away from me. Then the realization hit me that the battery is probably swelling inside, expanding out the aluminum case from the inside out.

    Sure enough, I looked at the bottom of my MBP and it's slightly bowing outwards. I closed the lid and noticed that it only sits flush in the center when closed - the left and right sides of the lid will not contact the case unless I push down with some force, and even then, when I let go the lid springs right back up on the left and right sides. That's when I noticed that the inside is bulging a bit too, primarily in the area just above the mouse pad and below the keyboard.

    I have an appointment at an Apple Store tomorrow afternoon but thought I would solicit feedback from others who have had an issue like this. Google shows a battery replacement for the 13" MBP but obviously that wouldn't apply to me.

    I am worried I'm going to be stuck with a bill for a defective battery since I'm over a year out of the hardware warranty. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/idealdreams
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished 2016 Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    I've currently got a 2012 Macbook Pro with that common critical RAM error, and while I've tried many fixes (slings with electrical tape, prop-ups with cut up used gift cards, etc.) the error remains and essentially makes it unusable (restarts all the time).

    So I'm looking into replacing it with a refurbished 2012 from Apple, with the following specs:

    Originally released October 2016

    Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor

    13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display; 2560x1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch

    8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

    512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD1

    720p FaceTime HD Camera

    Intel Iris Graphics 550

    Plan on mostly using it for school and some light video editing. Is Apple refurb worth it/safe? Or would it be better to save for a newer model?

    submitted by /u/LadyMario
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MacBook not connecting to public wifi

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I've been having trouble connecting my MacBook to any public wifi (Starbucks, McDonald's, etc). I've tried searching this sub and r/mac for an answer, but I can't seem to find anything that works.

    It connects to the actual network fine, but I can't trigger the splash page. I wait for it to pop up but nothing happens. I'm using Chrome, and my pop ups are enabled. I've also tried going to a random website in my browser, and it says the browser was redirected too many times and won't connect.

    Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/friskynotebook
    [link] [comments]

    "No hardware installed" WiFi error on 2015 Air; replaced the wireless card, still not working

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    I put my 2015 Air to sleep before I went to bed, opened it, and when I woke up, I was faced with the "No hardware installed" error. I tried clearing the NVRAM and booting into recovery mode with no success. I booted a Linux distro and noticed the WiFi interface didn't exist, so I figured it must be a hardware issue. I bought a new card of Ebay (same model that the Air ships with) and installed it today, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error. Does anyone know what troubleshooting steps i should take next?

    submitted by /u/tempuser1923
    [link] [comments]

    Headphones won’t fit in headphone jack?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:12 PM PDT

    Which Macbook Should I Buy?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    I got a job as a media correspondent with cadets this summer.

    Today is my birthday and my fam gave me $1000 and I found an ad for a MacBook Pro 15" 2.3Ghz i7, 16 GB, 512 SSD from 2015.

    Should I buy this Macbook or should I save up a bit more and get a 13 inch 2019 or what? I know with the one i found i can upgrade and stuff which is nice. What do you guys think? First time Mac buyer here.

    submitted by /u/halfofffish
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a USB C headphone/charger splitter for ethernet/monitor?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    Probably a silly question but I have a Macbook Air for work and I don't have enough USB C ports. The one available is for my monitor but I also an ethernet hookup so I usually have to switch if I want to hardwire to the network when the wifi sucks. Well the wifi is really shit as of late so I'm thinking of just buying a USB C splitter but I'm wondering if those designed for charging and headphones work for what i want without a problem.

    submitted by /u/shinbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    Display help

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Hello,

    i have a MacBook Pro 13 retina 2015 early. It Fall down and the display got broke ( not the display but something inside got hurt) I know I need to change my display but My question: can I fix the broken/hurt thing inside the display? Is that possible ?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/mecbox
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on keeping a MBP cool?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Just got one and first thing I noticed is that it gets warm relatively easy. I thought it was overheating but Apple just barely use the fans which is odd. I honestly thought my fans were defect but they only kick in when the macbook is to hot to touch. So are there any tips on keeping the mac cool? Can I lower the threshold for turning on the fans?

    submitted by /u/RonkerZ
    [link] [comments]

    So is there like a "bluebook" pricing page for used mac laptops? Or do you just gotta look on ebay for the going rate of similar things?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    I'm just looking for a newish basic laptop since my 2011 macbook pro can't support Airplay or osx 10.14 :(

    But man, looking on facebook marketplace and the price vary wildly. I'm used to having a bluebook of expected pricing on cars and even bicycles, is there something like that for macbook pros/airs? Even a rough ballpark so I can know what is way over priced or what's a good deal. Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/Supes_man
    [link] [comments]

    Trying MacBook

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've been using iOS devices (iPhone and iPad pro) and now that I'm looking to get a laptop, I thought to myself why not get a MBP?

    My purpose for the laptop would be for net surfing, MS Office and watching some Netflix. The variant that I'm looking at atm is the 2019 13 inch MBP with touch bar, i5, 16gb ram and 512 gb. I've upgraded both the ram and storage, because I want this laptop to last a good few years.

    My questions are: 1. How good is the current i5? I've traditionally used i7 for my windows machines and never used i5 before so I'm not too sure what to expect.

    1. I'm slightly worried about the keyboard. I reckon that I'll get used to the low travel, but I've heard that they get stuck really easily. What's your experience with them?

    2. Since it's more of a want than a need ATM, if possible I'd rather get a new MBP redesign instead of the current gen. When do you guys think they'll be redesigned? I've heard 2020 and 2021

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Mr9to5guy
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook keyboard/trackpad not working

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    So a couple of days ago, my perfectly fine 2015 13 inch macbook pro's keyboard and trackpad stopped working. I got a lot of people telling me, that i needed to get some kind of "flex-cable" changed, and so i did. But it didn't fix my problem. I honestly don't know what to do, i have an exam coming up, and it's really frustrating.

    The computer works perfectly fine with an external keyboard and mouse.

    PLEASE HELP! TIA

    submitted by /u/pappaoscar
    [link] [comments]

    New Battery Did Not Fix Trackpad Issues (2012 Macbook Pro 13")

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 09:46 AM PDT

    My 2012 Macbook Pro (purchased new in 2014) began having trackpad issues in January where the cursor started erratically jumping around. It got worse over the next couple months so I looked it up and discovered it is commonly caused by a swollen battery. I replaced the battery in May, but the problem has not stopped. It is to the point where I have to use a mouse every time I use my laptop. Is replacing the trackpad likely to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/REALLY_IM_NOT_BATMAN
    [link] [comments]

    Help please MacBook bootcamp

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Mid 2012 Mac pro Os Sierra I5 core 8GB ram

    Trying to boot camp windows 10 I get to the installation phase and it stops at 22% Everytime with the error code 0x80070570 saying "windows cannot install required files. May be corrupt or missing". I've tried redownloading the iso reformatting the USB 2.0 stick but same result every time. What am I doing wrong?! Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/metricshadow12
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Keyboard Replacement

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 01:12 AM PDT

    So my Macbook 12inch early 2016 is getting the dreaded keyboard key stickiness issue.

    I am going to take it in for repair in a couple of days. But I just wanted to know if they replace just the keyboard? Or do they replace the whole case including the battery?

    Wondering if I can score a new battery out of the repair!

    submitted by /u/nott96
    [link] [comments]

    Charger replacement

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 06:21 AM PDT

    I recently lost my charger for the Macbook air 2018. It came with a 30w USB-c charger.

    The official charger with cable will cost me around to €80,- / $100,-. Which I think is just a little expensive. Fortunately, I do have a USB phone charger, but it obviously takes a lot longer to charge.

    Can anybody suggest me a cheaper 30w charger?

    submitted by /u/andorjensma
    [link] [comments]

    new macbook getting hot

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:45 AM PDT

    so i just got a new macbook pro 2017 base model. after about 10 minutes of using it , it got hot at the bottom where your wrist would normally rest. then it prompted me to update so i did , now its super hot to the point where its uncomfortably hot. is this normal?

    submitted by /u/optic5808
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on new Macbook

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    Recently my 2015, MacBook Air got damaged due to rain water coming through window and I do not have a personal laptop right now.

    I generally do programming on Editors, sometimes IDEs, run local servers, dockers, VMs, etc. I am a big fan of Mac terminal and it's trackpad, which is inseparable toolkit of my workflow which I do in Laptop.

    I was considering buying the 2018 MacBook Air, 256G model, but feels very pricey to me. I absolutely love the touch-id, and the new display in it. I would have bought it without second thought if the 256G model was priced at what currently 128G model is priced.

    Also, given the hype around the keyboard issues, I am held back in my thoughts about investing that much amount in the new machine, although I want it desparately.

    Should I consider Mac Mini, or MacBook Pro 2015 model. The product line-up is absolutely confusing.

    submitted by /u/minatkumarverma
    [link] [comments]

    Do macbook pro 15" ship with 87 watt chargers?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 02:40 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel