• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 2, 2019

    macOS This alert is infuriating! The damn thing comes up every 5 minutes!

    macOS This alert is infuriating! The damn thing comes up every 5 minutes!


    This alert is infuriating! The damn thing comes up every 5 minutes!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 09:25 PM PST

    Apple TV Screensavers

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 11:35 AM PST

    Is there a way to add the Apple TV screen savers to my MBP?

    submitted by /u/solelo
    [link] [comments]

    Apart from borrowing a friend's mac and using a SATA to USB cord to recover files from my MacOS APFS volume, what's another way I can recover my files?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 07:52 PM PST

    A day after I bootcamped my mac, whether coincidence or cause, my MacOS startup disk could not be mounted. Reading through similar problems with High Sierra, it looks like an issue with High Sierra's APFS.

    Repairing the disk seems impossible without erasing it. Before I do, there's some data I want to salvage that was not included in my last backup.

    I don't have a SATA to USB cord. Buying one will take a week to get here. What's another way to recover?

    Can I re-install High sierra on a new partition and access it that way? What about Linux on a USB stick? I deleted my Bootcamp partition hoping it would fix the issue, but it didn't. I currently don't have an operating system.

    submitted by /u/GrandRow
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to get rid of org.chrominum.chromoting.me2me.sh? Deleting in system preferences don't work, it just keeps coming back after reboot. Google is no help .... Already deleted chrome remote desktop

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 11:34 PM PST

    Creating a Custom Dynamic Wallpaper

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 05:47 AM PST

    So I've been making a dynamic wallpaper, and it works and everything. Only issue is that the sun positions might be a bit out of whack. Anyone know how I might find the positions that Apple's default dynamic wallpaper uses?

    submitted by /u/EddieUniverse
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS app for uninterrupted focus and automated productivity reports

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 02:01 PM PST

    Hi everyone, 👋

    I've co-created a productivity app that I believe you may find quite useful. If you wish, check it out at https://www.producthunt.com/posts/clearminute and let me know what your thoughts are!

    Wish you a successful start in 2019!

    submitted by /u/MartinMihaylov
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone here migrated from a larger disk to a smaller disk + external ssd?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 03:41 PM PST

    My brother recommended a new Mac Mini with an external usb-c ssd drive. My current Macbook Air has 256 gb, and this has 128 gb internal, with a relatively high upgrade cost. I think I'll need to keep documents and some applications on the external usb-c drive instead. I have already transferred less-used documents to an external usb 3.0 drive.

    So my 1st question-- has anyone done this using Migration Assistant?

    2nd-- are there any special pitfalls to worry about?

    3rd-- is there a good way to use my current Time Machine drive with the Mac Mini?

    4th-- is there a good way to sync important files? and email and browser data?

    submitted by /u/Ananiujitha
    [link] [comments]

    Finder not refreshing after upgrade to Mojave

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 09:12 AM PST

    macOS 10.14.2 (Mojave)

    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) - (16 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD w/ ~45 GB available)

    Ever since upgrading to Mojave, I've had issues with new and/or recently moved files and folders not showing up in Finder. The behavior is not consistent. It seems like it's more likely to occur when I have CPU intensive applications running (Matlab, etc), but it will still occur fairly often with no applications running and even after a fresh reboot. Some examples of the issues include...

    *Drag a file to the trash. It doesn't show up in finder nor does the trashcan icon change on the dock and there is no option to empty trash in finder.

    *Run matlab or python code that creates output files. Output files don't show up in finder.

    *Select multiple files in Finder, Option + Click, select "New Folder with Selections". New folder appears, but all files still appear to be in the parent directory where they were before.

    *Click and rename folder in Finder. Finder freezes for a second, then folder appears to revert back to old name.

    In all cases, the issue might just resolve itself in a few seconds or last for a long time. Relaunching Finder usually fixes everything, but not always. The folders/files are always in the right place and perfectly accessible via the terminal, so it doesn't stop me from doing anything, and it seems like the issue is just with Finder and however it indexes new items. Just curious if anyone had heard of a fix. In googling the problem I've found many instances of people complaining that Mojave caused Finder to operate extremely slowly or crash, but I haven't experienced that. It's just as fast as always and behaves like always with respect to existing files.

    submitted by /u/AmerWerewolfInParis
    [link] [comments]

    I’m in need of the ability to fax documents. I really want to avoid buying a physical fax machine. Are there any reputable apps for Mac that allow you to send and receive?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 06:06 PM PST

    For my job, working from home often so I need to be able to send and receive faxes.

    Does anyone have any experience with any programs that will give you a fax number and you receive faxes via email or similar. Also the ability to take any doc on my Mac and send to someone's fax number.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/ohh_ok
    [link] [comments]

    El capitan to high sierra upgrade ruined my imovie project

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 01:12 PM PST

    I was working in one of the iMovie applications on a project and i never officially saved the project as an mp4. So I backed up the computer before installing the latest operating version(high sierra) when I look for the project its not really there, everything added in the project is gone.

    They are stored in imovie projects which are stored on your movies folder i believe, i excluded /movies from time machine backups because i didnt want to backup all the movies"films i have" for obvious reasons. So it looks like im not going to be able to get that project from a previous backup? What still doesnt add up is why did the imovie project get messed up after upgrading from el capitan to high sierra. Its not like I erased disk and upgraded and restored from a backup. I just upgraded to high sierra while keeping everything on the disk...

    submitted by /u/I-am-ocean
    [link] [comments]

    Any workarounds to make video calls using Safari 12.0.2?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 10:52 AM PST

    Guys, I really only want to use Safari as my browser, but unfortunately making video calls on Facebook is an everyday thing for me and I do not want to juggle between browsers. Any workaround for to make this work?

    submitted by /u/WizardMascott
    [link] [comments]

    When I switch to a different Desktop on Mojave my Terminal with HandBrakeCLI running gets starved for CPU: is there a way to turn this behavior off?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 07:03 AM PST

    I have a script where I'm converting some video files with HandBrakeCLI. When I'm on the desktop running the script, I can see in Activity Monitor (I have it display CPU info in the Dock icon) that all my cores are being used.

    But, when I switch to another desktop and use Chrome or other programs, the Activity Monitor shows the cores becoming idle soon after I switch. If the window running the script isn't in view, it gets paused or starved of CPU.

    Is this a new feature? Is there a way to turn off this behavior, perhaps on a program-by-program basis?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/e40
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel