• Breaking News

    Friday, August 3, 2018

    Apple Macbook After a decade of using Windows, finally said 'Screw it', and picked up my first Macbook.

    Apple Macbook After a decade of using Windows, finally said 'Screw it', and picked up my first Macbook.


    After a decade of using Windows, finally said 'Screw it', and picked up my first Macbook.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:56 PM PDT

    White Macbook (2010?) - Blue screen when booted up - what is causing this?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:58 PM PDT

    So i have an old Macbook (white macbook probably from 2010ish). It worked fine for a while after i got it from my mother, but recently when i boot it up it will show the apple logo, then stuck on a blue screen?

    What would cause this? Hard drive? other hard ware? It was a good computer before and I wouldnt mind buying parts to fix instead of a new computer.

    submitted by /u/rocket899
    [link] [comments]

    Considering a Macbook

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:28 PM PDT

    But curious why new models still have old, slow cpu in them. The 2017 MacBook has an older processor than the tosihiba crap laptop I bought in 2013. Do you find the MacBooks slow?

    • I typed "older" processor but I meant "slower" processor than in toshiba (i5 2.2 ghz) which was never a speed demon imho.
    submitted by /u/d167366
    [link] [comments]

    Best USB-C charger for Mac that isn't Apple brand?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    Looking for best bang for the buck. I think anything at 60w of power delivery or greater would be fine

    Any good recommendations?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MeatboxOne
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use more than one laptop?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:45 PM PDT

    This is a super niche question, but I am starting law school next week and currently have a 15 inch 2017 MBP. It's not humongous, but when carrying multiple law texts I imagine it might take more space than I'd like.

    I was thinking of picking up a simple 12 inch MacBook for use when traveling to school, and just using my 15 inch as I usually have done; as a desktop replacement.

    I was wondering if any of you had done this, or if I'm just being stupid and should just use the 15 inch.

    submitted by /u/Satzlefraz
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to partition?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:31 AM PDT

    Hi, I just bought a MacBook Pro 2015 on sale with 1T of memory. I would like to partition it in four sections. I was wondering how much memory I should allocate for each:

    • one section with my MacBook Air running on 10.9. I need it for a setup with some old programs I use for work. Right now I have 125GB on my Air but I am constantly running out of space. I was thinking about 250Gb

      • one free section in case I want to try out a new OS in the future. I was thinking about 100GB
      • one section with the latest OS: 350 GB
      • one section with Windows 10, that I use for Unity and a few other programs: 300GB

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/specific_account_
    [link] [comments]

    Black screen on MacBook pro egpu setup

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:17 PM PDT

    I sat up a razer core x with an gtx 1070 on my 2018 mbp 2018, running windows/boot camp on a external Samsung t5 ssd. I can only use the gpu when I connect an external monitor to it. Do you guys have any tips on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/_sigurd_
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 Facetime Camera Not Working, Solid Green Light

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    I have a problem with a MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 (A1286). The built in facetime camera is not showing anything, just a black screen in every app I try. The green led next to the camera is solid green, and in system information the camera shows up just fine. Already tried resetting nvram and SMC but nothing works. Does anyone have a clue how I could solve this issue?

    submitted by /u/gfhoihoi72
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook do you recommend for someone entering highschool - the curriculum is tech and engineering focused with autocad etc.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:03 PM PDT

    Which MacBook do you recommend for someone entering highschool - the curriculum is tech and engineering focused with autocad etc. Should he go with MacBook Pro , MacBook Air , MacBook ? Should he go with latest or older models ? If old, how old? Any recommendations on best places to buy?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/kachra2006
    [link] [comments]

    Selling macbook

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    Hello guys. I am selling my macbook. I have erased the disc and reinstalled osx. Is that all i need to do? Forgot to log out of imessage and such. Is that logged out by it self now?

    submitted by /u/b3an_tv2
    [link] [comments]

    Have had a Macbook Air for a year, and am not satisfied with the keyboard.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 01:03 PM PDT

    I had a Macbook Pro from 2010 to 2017, and one thing I noticed when I got the Air was that the keyboard wasn't as solid as the MBP. I feel like I'm always missing keys when I type. They keyboard does not feel as solid, and they don't punch in like they did on my Macbook Pro. Does anyone else see this on their MBA? Will a keyboard cover help?

    I know the Air gets a lot of crap around these parts, but I'm a minimal user so it gets the job done.

    submitted by /u/firstyearfear
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming using a capture card, laptop gets loud. Is that bad for it's longevity and overall health?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:21 PM PDT

    I have a 2017 Macbook Pro 13" 8gb ram without the touchbar. CPU usage remains fairly low (13-20%) when I'm streaming using a capture card running from my console.

    The only thing that concerns me is that the fan gets pretty loud and the laptop gets really hot.

    Is this bad for the health of the laptop over time? Or am I unnecessarily worried as a first time Macbook owner lol

    submitted by /u/CrooklynDodgers
    [link] [comments]

    [News] Apple 13.3" MacBook Air ( Silver) is now $563.60 off

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    This is good news guys! Now you can save $563.60 (40%) on Apple 13.3" MacBook Air ( Silver).

    Source:

    https://twitter.com/shopeveryday_/status/1025316975671631872

    submitted by /u/170ish
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for experienced Mac owners

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:28 AM PDT

    So I am planning on getting a Macbook Pro for my classes later this month and am probably getting the newest model. With the newest model for 15 inch there is a 256gb and 512gb, the 512gb has slightly higher specs and graphics for $400 more.

    I am a bit worried about the storage size since I am coming from Windows and am used to 1TB+ storage, I plan on using this for presentations, animation, art, and would like to do some gaming on it. So would the 512gb be the better choice? also what would my options be for more space. What kind of adapters and accessories do I need to get? I would like to be able to use my razor naga mouse and my gaming keyboard and either of my tablets, so I would need 3-4 usb ports and probably 1 hdmi and 1 dvi/vga port. Any suggestions to products that would be helpful are very much appreciated, I am not used to these newer shaped usb ports only the 2.0 3.0 ports from Windows.

    submitted by /u/THEREALZV
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling optical output on 2012 mbp

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:06 AM PDT

    Hey, guys, I've been scouring the internet for the last two hours trying to find anything helpful and have come up with nothing. I just bought a 2012 15" mbp and it's great minus this damned optical output issue. It's stuck on optical output so my speakers only make noise during startup. Apparently it's a well known issue that Apple just recommends replacing the logic board to fix. I've dug around in there with headphones, a toothpick, and various other implements. I've hit it with compressed air. I've reset SMC and everything else. I will never use optical output and I would be completely fine with just disabling this feature. Is there any way to do so?

    submitted by /u/greenzeppelin
    [link] [comments]

    T2 chip works as windows hello Authenticator

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:34 AM PDT

    Just a quick question, does the t2 chip on the MacBook Pro works as a fingerprint reader in windows using bootcamp or any other kind of virtual environment (oracle virtual box/VMware) ?

    submitted by /u/dounuts97
    [link] [comments]

    Verified Amazon Reviews, Type C to HDMI Adapter and fitness tracker

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:44 AM PDT

    Need UK US Review Full Refund by Paypal After Review Please PM me if interested. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/devonjava2014
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel