• Breaking News

    Friday, August 3, 2018

    Apple Help Bought a used Apple Watch. Previous owner did everything right but it still won't work.

    Apple Help Bought a used Apple Watch. Previous owner did everything right but it still won't work.


    Bought a used Apple Watch. Previous owner did everything right but it still won't work.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:01 PM PDT

    So I just bought a used Apple Watch. Of course the previous owner didn't remove it from their iCloud so I had to message them an get that taken care of. They followed the instructions and got the "Erase is Pending. This Apple Watch will be erased when it connects to the internet" message.

    However, when I try to set up the watch it says "This watch has been lost and erased. Use the Apple ID used to set it up to continue".

    What do I do here? Is there more I need the previous owner to do?

    Also I'm never buying a used apple product again I definitely did not want to spend my afternoon playing phone tag with this guy

    submitted by /u/Skwink
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 charging issue

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:23 PM PDT

    The iPhone showed a charging icon but won't actually charge? The charging source is good, changed cables, no debris inside charging port

    submitted by /u/vMaiingan
    [link] [comments]

    Is increasing the Fan RPM bad for my Macbook?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:03 PM PDT

    I have a Late 2013 Macbook Pro, 15" model. 16GB Ram/2GB Graphics/512GB SSD

    I found that during the initial setup process it got quite hot before the fans kicked in, too hot for my comfort. idk if I'm too soft-skinned but, the left part of the keyboard specifically made my fingertips feel like I was holding a hot coal when I was just typing as stuff was going on in the background.

    I know it was just the setup process as after everything was installed and moved over, I've noticed it runs cooler. But I'd like to avoid that. I installed Macs Fan Control and want to use it to keep the temperature down, around maybe 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit but want to know if there are any drawbacks?

    I know that increasing the RPM will wear out the fans faster but I think that's an acceptable drawback if it means a cooler, more comfortable experience while using my laptop but I just want to know if that's the only drawback?

    submitted by /u/MikeDawud
    [link] [comments]

    ipone 6s Disabled and wont connect to iTunes (windows 10)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:44 PM PDT

    Iphone 6s wont connect to my computer (windows 10) and all the guides online say to update a driver in device manager but i do not see any iphone/apple drivers. I have tried reinstalling itunes, restarting pc, and restarting phone but nothing worked.

    Iphone model A1633 if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Dexxy12
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone se: Screen becomes unresponsive and will scroll randomly.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:35 PM PDT

    I'm having a problem where my screen will become unresponsive randomly for about a minute, as well as times where the screen will randomly scroll. I've tried solutions I've found online but nothing has worked so far. Phone is less than a year old and has had the screen replaced about 6 months ago with no issues stemming from that. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/sbion
    [link] [comments]

    Help!! Airdrop not working

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:15 PM PDT

    Hi, I've had a problem airdropping files from my iMac to my iPhone x. So i have had this problem for about a week now. After airdrop does the little loading animation and checkmark it comes up with a error that says"couldnt save to photos" and some stuff about icloud drive. I also have problems with other phones not working with the mac. It really has me frustrated for it has always worked before. Any ideas? Let me know! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/David-h719
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2017 - How to get into AHT if keyboard is non responsive

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:54 PM PDT

    I have a 2017 Macbook Pro 13.3 in w/ Retina display w/o the touch bar. Purchased in May 2017.

    It was functioning "normally" all night. I used it to FaceTime someone and when the call was completed I realized my keyboard was no longer working.

    *backstory* (This might be too much info but I'm hoping someone can help me with a fix because I've already done about 800 google/youtube searches and I've found nada. I'm hoping someone can go all Apple Sherlock on it and help)

    Last week it had gotten a little buggy, so I finally took the time to do the most recent software update. It would freeze pretty regularly on FaceTime or wouldn't complete a call, even though it looked like it was ringing on my end. After that update a few of the lag issues fixed, but FaceTime still wasn't consistently operating correctly. The keyboard was working just fine till I got off a FaceTime call last night and the keyboard was completely non-responsive. But I did think it was odd that it was all of a sudden defaulting to a random bluetooth keyboard I'd bought ages ago, and had sitting in a drawer. I was able to use that BT keyboard to search for a few fixes. When I restarted it at that time the quick keys were functioning, and I was able to restart it in recovery mode (Option-Command-R). It had been a little buggy software wise so I went for the nuclear option and opted to Erase startup up and Re-Install Mac OS. I thought that would get nip it all in the bud and fix it. BUT... It didn't. After that, the keyboard is 100% non responsive. The quick keys are now not working at start up either. I did go through all my settings today and noticed that my firewall wasn't on. I'm not sure if that happened previously, or was a byproduct of my Abomb option. The quick key "option 5x" via the BT keyboard or internal keyboard will randomly (about 1 in 50 tries) get the keyboard doing "something". But so far it'll let me type about 5 characters and then freeze on a random letter and get stuck on a repeat that is almost unstoppable.

    Given that TMI...

    • Does this sound like a true hardware issue? Or maybe some kind of funky software issue I haven't found a fix to yet? asking before I take it in and prepare myself to replace the whole top case.
    • Does anyone know how I can get into AHT (Shoulda done that before but... welp...) With the quick keys not working? I've see zero answers to this in my million google deep dives looking. I'd really really like to run AHT to see for myself. My control freak tendencies wouldn't let me take someone else's word for it. And I doubt the technician would appreciate me standing over him until they're able to complete it.
    • Does anyone have any bright (or even dim) ideas about about what to try/look for next? I've toggled through every setting/google search page/form and Youtube "fixit" video that seemed even remotely relevant to no avail.

    Any ideas? Y'all are kinda my last hope. Reddit come through! lol

    submitted by /u/nataleethecatalee
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 2 keeps disconnecting from HomeKit - preventing me from using it as a Hub

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:35 PM PDT

    Recently, my iPad Air 2 has been disconnecting from my HomeKit accessories (it's left at home). This means when trying to remotely activate a HomeKit accessory, it just says there's "No Response."

    When I get back to my iPad, I have to either soft reset or (what I found is faster) is to turn the wifi off and then turn it back on and then that reconnects the iPad to all the accessories.

    This is a recent thing and it used to work perfectly before. What gives?

    submitted by /u/tl790
    [link] [comments]

    When I open the Instagram camera, a edited screen recording keeps multiplying

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:14 PM PDT

    And it was made on July 24th and it's still going and deleting them doesn't work. Help?

    submitted by /u/Sumkidwithal96
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes to iPhone song fix question

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:22 PM PDT

    This is the issue. One of my albums I bought off of iTunes is an old Alien Sex Fiend album and the titles on the songs are wrong. If I fix them in iTunes, will that push to my iPhone 7? or to iCloud?

    I'm kind of scared to try syncing with a usb cord between phone and MacBook Pro because the last time I did that I ended up with completely duplicated music on my phone. I'm not especially tech literate, so I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this.

    I have googled, but apparently I am not using the right words. I am working with an iPhone 7 and a 2017 MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6.

    Bonus if you can tell my why Playlists don't cross back and forth, and how to get that to happen?

    submitted by /u/EducatedRat
    [link] [comments]

    How to get keyboard/text shortcuts to work in an app?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:48 PM PDT

    The keyboard/text shortcuts I have set (i.e. replacing SW with southwest) work in Apple applications like TextEdit, Mail, etc, but not in some third-party ones. Anyone know how to get them working in specific apps?

    submitted by /u/SFSiren
    [link] [comments]

    An issue preventing me from using two-factor authentication

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:38 PM PDT

    I appreciate the security and convenience (unlock Mac with watch, iMessage sync) of using 2FA for my Apple ID, however I encountered a real-world issue with it in the past:

    I was on holiday in a foreign country where I was using a local SIM (so I didn't have my usual phone number).

    I misplaced my iPhone at the hotel, with a flat battery, and didn't have any other Apple device with me on holiday.

    I was unable to log into iCloud because I had no device with me for authentication, and I was unable to get an SMS because I had a different SIM in my phone (which I didn't have anyway).

    This experience led me to deactivate 2FA, as I'd become digitally incapacitated without my iPhone.

    However I'll be traveling again next summer and would like 2FA for security purposes. Is there any way I can avoid getting locked out of everything if I lose my phone again?

    submitted by /u/weyho
    [link] [comments]

    Terminal code to reset SMC on macbook pro 2015?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:22 PM PDT

    Ive tried to "crtl+option+shift+power" to reset my smc but I think it didnt reset itself. I was seeing if there was a code I could run. Thank you

    submitted by /u/moxiesmiley
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of buying a carrier specific iPhone?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:56 PM PDT

    I'm shopping for a new iPhone 6s from apple, which is $449. It lets you select a carrier specific iPhone or do a SIM free iPhone.

    My question is, what's the point of getting a carrier specific phone when you can get a SIM free one for the same price? Won't the SIM free phone work with multiple carriers?

    submitted by /u/Raspyy
    [link] [comments]

    What are the timelines for beats headphones like?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 01:27 PM PDT

    Not quite sure if beats headphones are yearly releases or perhaps there is reliable way of telling when future updates are due. Just wondering if beats 4 is scheduled to be released this year. This might not be the most relevant sub but as far as I know the apple one is just for news rather than questions? Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/insudbnsnjaja
    [link] [comments]

    (iPhone X) Spotlight screen no longer showing frequently used apps/searches.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    So this started yesterday. My spotlight screen is suddenly blank, which has never happened. I no longer have frequent apps, news, or recent searches. This is legit one of my most commonly used features - this is highly frustrating. This is what my spotlight screen looks like.

    I can still search, and it works fine. I've attempted to restart my phone twice without success. Nothing brought this on specifically, other than that I restarted my phone last night when I wasn't getting notifications about iMessages. The restart fixed the iMessage issue, but created this one.

    Details about my phone:

    iPhone X iOS 11.4.1

    Any thoughts help. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Michaelllllll
    [link] [comments]

    30 Second Delay after Sleep

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:58 PM PDT

    When my 2014 iMac goes to sleep, it takes at least 30 second for it to wake up. I reset the PRAM and it still has a decent delay when I click/swipe the trackpad or type something to turn back on the display. I would like to know if something is wrong with the computer because this never happened before.

    submitted by /u/joshers2005
    [link] [comments]

    Family Sharing Help

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:43 PM PDT

    So I am in a family sharing with my other family members and I was wondering if I could have it so my debit card is the card that takes purchases from the App Store/Apps instead of my Mom's but only for me and not my other family members. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Golfpro323
    [link] [comments]

    Messages taking 16GB

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:47 PM PDT

    My messages app is using 16GB of space on my phone. I have no conversations in it. Please help. Here is the screenshot of messages under iPhone storage.

    submitted by /u/TheFurryPugcart
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro internal HDD unpluged from the sata cable while in use, now malfunctioning

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:46 PM PDT

    First of all, I know. Dumb dumb dumb. What happened was I was in the process of cloning the drive to an ssd. I had tried a few times and the ssd would not boot. So after multiple attempts and me getting impatient, I didn't secure the HDD and was doing a clone off the computer.

    Fellow tech picked up the laptop to move it and sure enough the drive dropped out and disconnected from the sata cable.

    OS would start but would freeze after attempting to boot. Now it just shuts off the laptop.

    Put the HDD in a external sata dock and ran diskwarrior. Was able to recover only 245 files.

    Could the controller on the drive itself be replaced or are there any other methods you can think of to recover the data on it?

    submitted by /u/zuffdaddy
    [link] [comments]

    [Mid-2011 MacBook Air] I lost the black plastic tape around the CPU and put the heatsink back on without it. Should I be worried?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:27 PM PDT

    I replaced the thermal compound on my 2011 MacBook Air about a week ago and in doing so, I discarded a black plastic piece of tape around the processor. Assuming it to be nothing more than a guide for the factory workers assembling the computer, I didn't think it had any special purpose or thermal properties, so I discarded it, finished my work and reassembled the computer. So far I've had no problems with the laptop although it doesn't seem to run much cooler if at all, and I think I may be hearing slightly more cool whine than before. Do any of you knowledgeable Mac folks know if it's fine and I shouldn't worry about it or if I've made a serious mistake? Thanks for reading.

    Edit with image links:

    seen around cpu with heatsink removed

    a bunch of them in a tupperware

    Also I'm getting some strange behavior where the laptop will power on automatically as soon as I connect the MagSafe cable. I don't know if this is related to the part that I removed or perhaps some other error I made during reassembly.

    submitted by /u/youngBal
    [link] [comments]

    All desktop background wallpaper have the same rotating photo?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 02:28 PM PDT

    Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-in, Mid-2015) OS: macOS Sierra

    On my MBP I have multiple desktops and an external monitor with it's own desktop I want to rotate photos for the wallpaper but I'd like all the desktops to have the same photo.

    For example, I have photo1, photo2, photo3... in a directory and have the settings set to change photo every hour. I'd like to see photo1 on all the desktops then when the hour is up, have photo2 on all the desktops, etc. Is this possible? I find it distracting to have different photos for each desktop and I'd like them all to be the same, but I also like the rotation.

    submitted by /u/sparkythehuman
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Help

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:40 PM PDT

    I'm a PC guy and very capable, but am having a situation that I need some help with. My friend brought his MacBook to me and it was hard locked...he didn't remember his PIN to open it up, and it's obviously encrypted. He said he doesn't need anything on the system anymore, so if I could just wipe the drive and get it going again, he would be fine with that. How can I wipe the drive when I cannot even boot it up? I can get the hash for the encryption, but is there a way to do this without having to take the drive out?

    submitted by /u/masterminddrew
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a used iPad from eBay and it's still under Apple's limited warranty, however I don't have a receipt. Am I able to take it to the genius bar if it has something wrong with it?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 07:30 AM PDT

    Bought an iPad Pro 10.5, seems to have an issue with the Wi-Fi, it's very slow. I've tried restarting the device, turning off bluetooth, etc, but on speedtests, it's drastically lower than my computer and phone. I bought it from a seemingly legitimate eBay user, and it's still covered by the limited warranty. However, I don't have a receipt. I was not the original purchaser. If I went to the apple store and they found something wrong with it, would they be able to help me out and perhaps replace it (if they saw that replacement was necessary) or am I ineligible because I'm not the original purchaser?

    submitted by /u/mrguy510
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering contacts from a broken Iphone

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:03 AM PDT

    Hi guys, some time ago my iphone was bricked with all my important phone numbers on it.

    Now this is quite a while ago but at the time I asked for an Apple ID recovery code to recover my account.

    It was at this time not possible to do anything through Itunes since my laptop got bricked in the same week. It was a dark age period.

    Now I finally get around to try and recover my old account because I can't postpone the need for those phone numbers.

    Finally having a new phone and laptop, I try to follow the given instructions saying that I should enter my ID and then my password followed by the recovery code.

    Frustratingly however, when I type my normal password a window shows up asking to type it with the recovery code attached. When I do so and add the recovery code directly behind my password, I get nothing.

    Does anyone know what to do with this? Or maybe someone has an idea on how I can get my old phone numbers back? I tried to call Apple Support but I'm currently living in Bulgaria and all the support pages by Apple send me back to Bulgarian support services which doesn't exactly help out too much.

    submitted by /u/bartieparty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel