• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 4, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [August 03]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [August 03]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [August 03]

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    We are almost to another iPhone generation, and no-one has been able to come up with something comparable to faceID.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:08 PM PDT

    The closest I've seen to faceID is samsung's intelligent unlock, but that doesn't exactly work in all situations, and of corse the notch…

    I wonder if android companies will continue with ultrasonic fingerprint censors or eventually join apple.

    submitted by /u/exploding_m1
    [link] [comments]

    Ex-Apple CEO Sculley: Tim Cook got Wall Street to fall in love with what Steve Jobs built

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 11:48 AM PDT

    'You're getting nothing': Steve Jobs' daughter wrote a heartbreaking memoir about their often brutal relationship

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:05 PM PDT

    What software should everyone have installed on their Mac?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Apple’s 2018 iPhones are rumored to not include headphone dongle in the box

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 03:52 PM PDT

    HomePod for $300 at Costco

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 01:25 PM PDT

    My local Costco in San Antonio has black HomePod for 299.99. That's $50 less than the actual price on Apple.com. Not sure whether this offer is also available in other geographies.

    HomePod for $300 at Costco

    submitted by /u/movingtosatx
    [link] [comments]

    Apple's Cook calls $1 trillion value 'milestone,' says result of corporate values

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:21 AM PDT

    What apps should everyone have installed on their Apple Watch?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:23 PM PDT

    Subscriptions drive Apple’s Services Revenue – Services could fuel growth beyond its historic $1 trillion valuation

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 11:48 PM PDT

    PSA: Your @Mac.com, @Me.com, or @iCloud.com Emails Sent via Gmail Might Be Marked as Spam Now

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:06 AM PDT

    Verizon iPhones are now SIM locked (x-post from r/Verizon)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 01:16 PM PDT

    Can anyone else confirm? Here's my original post from the Verizon subreddit:

    I can confirm that in front of me, I have an iPhone 8 Plus which is SIM locked to Verizon. Even after activating with the original Verizon SIM, all other SIM cards will pop up the "activation required" screen which ends up saying "SIM not supported." I sell these phones online, and I was concerned when a customer had this issue but thought that they were doing something wrong. But apparently they have started without notifying anyone (other than the press release in February of this year when they said it would start at some point "this Spring"). Can anyone else confirm? This appears to have happened at some point within the last two weeks - I can confirm that an iPhone 8 purchased last month is still unlocked after a full factory reset.

    Also all of these come directly from Verizon. I'm not sure about Verizon models from Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc.

    submitted by /u/agentorange1985
    [link] [comments]

    Payment glyphs for "iPhone X Plus", iPhone X and 2018 iPad Pro found.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:37 PM PDT

    Discovered by @_inside, who found the original iPhone X glyphs in the HomePod restore image.

    https://twitter.com/_inside/status/1025461747912765441

    submitted by /u/jamesvdm
    [link] [comments]

    [Self Promotion Saturday] Show your macOS desktop on FaceTime

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:36 PM PDT

    Link to the app : $9.99 (Generous trial available)

    Hey guys, I've seen FaceTime screen sharing on many of your wishlists around here. I know most of you want it on your iOS device and maybe not so much on your mac. However, as a dedicated mac user, I find myself wishing for the same on macOS too. Which is why I built this tool.

    Few things to note:

    1. This is different from the screen sharing you can do with messages.app. With my app, the screen sharing happens inside FaceTime. You could be on FaceTime showing your face via the webcam, then immediately switch to showing your desktop inside FaceTime itself, and then switch back again.
    2. The other person can be on their iPhone or iPad. So, mac -> iOS device is doable with my app. What's awesome is that your friend doesn't need anything installed, other than FaceTime of course, which is preinstalled on every single iOS device out there.
    3. The app works as is on 10.13. On 10.14, SIP needs to be disabled.
    4. The trial is generous -- unlimited usage but capped at 1 minute per call.

    I hope you guys take it out for a spin. I know there are many screensharing apps out there. However, as a dedicated macOS user, I wanted something integrated inside FaceTime. Hope someone out there finds it as useful as I do!!

    (Note: I know the name clashes with Apple's yet unreleased app on mojave and iOS 12. I'm working on the rebranding. I'm a one man shop doing everything from writing the driver to designing the icon, so cut me some slack, will ya? :) )

    submitted by /u/vacacay
    [link] [comments]

    Apple T2 and Intel Management Engine

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:50 PM PDT

    Wondering if Tx processors are a way out of Intel's ME. And what the implications are before ME will be integrated into Cannon Lake CPUs (probably) next year.

    submitted by /u/wu_ming2
    [link] [comments]

    Can I plug in headphones with AirPods?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:33 PM PDT

    I want to watch a movie on a flight tomorrow with my daughter. Can I listen via the 3.5mm AND my AirPods on my iPad Pro 10.5? Or is it one or the other?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/20Factorial
    [link] [comments]

    Most useful apps for iPad?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 01:32 AM PDT

    On the verge of buying a 9.7 iPad (2018) to make music and travel with! Any apps that you can't live without with? Comment your recommendations please!

    submitted by /u/yonghuilum
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPhone Chipmaker TSMC's Factories Hit by Computer Virus

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 01:23 AM PDT

    If you’re struggling with slow Touch ID, try deleting all fingerprints and scanning them in as new.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:19 PM PDT

    This might be common knowledge, sorry if it is. Hopefully this helps someone who doesn't already know...

    I've been struggling with poor Touch ID logins for the last week, where 9/10 times I end up having to put my passcode in.

    I updated my phone, cleaned the sensor and tried adding my fingerprints in as additional finger prints.

    Nothing worked.

    I'd lift and place my finger on the "register fingerprint" screen and it would recognise maybe 2 in 10 taps.

    I saw a blog post that suggested deleting all the fingerprints and starting again from fresh. That did the trick. It picked up all my fingerprints like it did the day I bought the phone and is now back to unlocking as soon as I touch the sensor.

    The same blog says that every time you have a successful login, iOS adds additional data to your fingerprint records. Over time this can actually cause inaccuracies where you've logged in with dirty/cut fingers etc.

    Interestingly Touch ID for Apple Pay still worked flawlessly. Go figure...

    submitted by /u/captain_finnegan
    [link] [comments]

    Will I get charged again if change over to family Apple Music?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:28 AM PDT

    So I've had the individual Apple Music plan for a while now. I got charged my usual $10.81 a couple days ago, but now both my sisters want Apple Music too. We're already set up as family sharing, but if I change the plan to family Apple Music, will it charge me the $15 + tax then and there? I don't wanna waste my previous $10, that's why I'm asking

    submitted by /u/DaMan90
    [link] [comments]

    How to provide the Apple Store experience at home?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    My sister just bought a 2018 MacBook Pro for her photography she likes to do. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, she was unable to go to the Apple Store and pick it up and instead had it delivered. She's waiting to open it until I see her this evening, and I'd like to provide her an experience like she'd receive at the Apple Store (opening the box, setting it up, etc.). What are some things I can do to bring that experience home to her?

    submitted by /u/_drumstic_
    [link] [comments]

    TIL there is a more detailed Bluetooth Menu available for the Mac

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:04 PM PDT

    Hold down Shift + Option and click the bluetooth icon in the menu bar to see more options.

    submitted by /u/jkatlanta
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use wired headphones and Bluetooth headphones at the same time with AirPlay2?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:15 AM PDT

    So we have to catch a flight in an hour and we want to watch a movie together. With the removal of the jack plug, and I didn't take a converter or splitter, I was wondering if it's possible to use a wired and Bluetooth headphone simultaneously with AirPlay2. Anyone tried this?

    submitted by /u/JeWistHet
    [link] [comments]

    Replaced iPad because of Light Spot

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:09 AM PDT

    I had been using the iPad Pro 10.5 since 8 month. I started to suspect for light spot probelm only recently. I may have noticed it earlier but thought it was just some smudge. In my case the spot was really small (smaller than the home button to compare) and only visible in certain angle when displaying white image. I noticed it most when using Reddit as I had not turned on Night theme there. Anyways after appointment to Apple Genius Bar, they gave me replacement iPad quite easily.

    Edit: Added information about iPad model

    submitted by /u/waterteasugarmilk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel